Nader
12-23-2007, 02:17 AM
...alone on Christmas.
Besides cry.
Anyone?

vikingshadow
12-23-2007, 04:08 AM
My heart goes out to you, seriously.

One year in college, I was going to have to spend Thanksgiving alone. There was a very slim chance for me to get home that was dependent on the weather and my job (I was going to have to work late the day before and wouldn't be able to leave until around 11 at night - with a blizzard coming in, that's not good!), and as luck would have it - both worked against me. We didn't have the internet back then, everyone was going home, and I was at a loss on what I was going to do other than eat alone and watch TV all day long.

It was the hardest thing I had to do to that point. However, I had a very good friend who had grown up in that town, and he and his family invited me over to join them for Thanksgiving. Not the same as a Thanksgiving at my own home, but better than sitting home alone and feeling horrible. Because of them, I felt like I had a second home for several years - to this day, he and his family are the only ones I visit when I go back to that town...

Perhaps you have friends you can visit?

DFSniper
12-23-2007, 07:44 AM
We didn't have the internet back then...
scary thought...

but seriously, i feel for ya. the other day, i actually thought about what i would do in a situation like that. do you have any friends you could hang out with on christmas day? go to lunch, got dinner, go to the movies? AVP2 comes out on the 25th!!

oldironmudder
12-23-2007, 07:48 AM
Ramen, sweet tea & video games?

The Pumper
12-23-2007, 07:52 AM
Meh. I'm usually alone, even on holidays. I just do whatever I feel like. My parents couldnt give a rat's ass about me.

vwjimmy
12-23-2007, 08:11 AM
I was alone for years on the holidays.....you can do it.
My cure was to volunteer at a shelter or other location serving dinner to the homeless/needy......
....those are nice people who always appriciate your company, and your help.
Good luck and remember we are all here for you :)

timmyshoota
12-23-2007, 08:25 AM
I ended up eating Christmas dinner at 7-11 2 years ago.

Nader
12-23-2007, 02:03 PM
I ended up eating Christmas dinner at 7-11 2 years ago.

best dinner ever, imo.

well, I got invited to dinner at a friends, so that won't be so bad.
Waking up in the morning with no presents, meh.

The rest of my family is spending Christmas at a beach house in Cali...I'm pretty short for cash, and none of them decided they wanted to pitch for a plane ticket for me...thing is, no one told me they were going to be spending Christmas together until I came out for thanksgiving.

I spent my own money to go out to Cali for thanksgiving, so I'm still suffering financially from that. Last minute plane tickets ftl.

Both my roommates are back home for Christmas, we already exchanged gifts, etc.

I guess last night when I posted this, I was realizing for the first time, that I'd be alone for Christmas.

Guess it won't be too bad, thanks for the support/sympathy.

bigred76
12-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Don't worry about it, it won't be too bad! :) It's something that you have to go through at least once in your life, and you'll be just fine. Good luck and have fun at your friend's house!

DFSniper
12-23-2007, 02:13 PM
yeah, good luck. and like i said, Alien vs. Predator 2 comes out on Christmas, you can always hit up the theater if you get bored!

badlandsrox
12-23-2007, 02:13 PM
why not try and go to the airport and try and get on standby, and maybe you could get a cheap flight to where your family is, and suprise them by showing up?

Nader
12-23-2007, 06:46 PM
why not try and go to the airport and try and get on standby, and maybe you could get a cheap flight to where your family is, and suprise them by showing up?

Not really possible, as they aren't close to an airport at all, and I work Christmas eve. *shrug*