PDA

View Full Version : I've lost count...

Paradox313
12-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Of all the Protege threads, so I wanted to make a thread of my newest gun.

I have come to the fact that I am a gun whore cause I've owned 3 guns in the past month, and quite a few in the past 9 months.

Originally I never intended to trade the Ego6, but I was offered this, and I seriously couldn't pass it up. It was such a good deal it wasn't even funny.

I was offered the gun+Blue Reloader B+$30!

Please welcome Candy to the family,(My first named gun!)

Specs:
Clear DM6
Red Parts(Clear UL Tip)
CP Flow Plug
Dust Blue CP Reg (Looking for Clear or Red Hyper 2's)
Dust Black VP Trigger

Currently this is my only picture, due to me leaving for California tomorrow, and I'm gonna be balling with this and not have a camera :(. So, when I get back I'll try and post up some pictures from a Kodak or something of me playing. I'm so excited for Candy.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8917/dm68cc4.jpg

I already bought a CP ASA, Orange bolt, and a blackout screw kit for her.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep this for a while, and I mean it this time.

Edit:
I remember when Muddytaco got his Clear/Red DM6 that he was gonna hold on to that for a while.

bigred76
12-22-2007, 11:50 PM
Where you going in Cali? :)

Not bad, but why the CP reg instead of the Hyper2? Kinda a downgrade, IMO!

Paradox313
12-22-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm going to Dixon to visit my brothers, and plan a funeral. Sadly my grandmother passed away.

It might seem wrong to play, but my grandmother always supported me with my playing. So I kinda think of it as honoring her.

I'm gonna be playing at midway paintball (midwaypaintball.com). It's in vacaville. If you could come up and ball with me, that'd be awesome. I will definitely be playing there on the 29th, and 30th.

I know the reg is a downgrade, that's why I want a Hyper 2 as fast as possible. If I get some extra cash, I might go for a:
Hyper 4.

bigred76
12-23-2007, 12:46 AM
Damn! I'm gonna be out of country then... :( Oh well...

A Hyper4? I thought they were up to Hyper3's? :confused:

vikingshadow
12-23-2007, 05:34 AM
I think the Hyper 4's are what they're calling the aftermarket Hyper 3 regs...I could be wrong about that, though.

Nice gun - not feeling the blue reg, but you're replacing it so that's good!

Paradox313
12-23-2007, 06:27 AM
Damn! I'm gonna be out of country then... :( Oh well...

A Hyper4? I thought they were up to Hyper3's? :confused:

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer, but I think they are the Hyper 3's with regular ASA threads, therefore Hyper 4.

leed
12-23-2007, 08:41 AM
I haven't been able to find a definitive answer, but I think they are the Hyper 3's with regular ASA threads, therefore Hyper 4.

Where are you getting this information?

Hyper 3's with Standard pipe threads are still Hyper 3's.. Or at least they have been selling them as Hyper 3's. We have one at the store, and it's packaged as a Hyper 3..

The Pumper
12-23-2007, 08:55 AM
I'd switch regs.
Even if its the color. but not bad.

Paradox313
12-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Where are you getting this information?

Hyper 3's with Standard pipe threads are still Hyper 3's.. Or at least they have been selling them as Hyper 3's. We have one at the store, and it's packaged as a Hyper 3..

I've seen it more than once on the nation. Do you really have one at your store? What color? Price? I may be interested in buying it, that is if your willing to help me.

Hossy
12-23-2007, 04:34 PM
I would have kept the Ego.
If you get a red reg it can be a CandyCane DM6.... Then the name Candy would be appropriate :)

Oscum Guy
12-23-2007, 06:28 PM
nice! but trade that reg for a red or silver shorty

Paradox313
12-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Oh my god.

Unbelievably It's leaking.

I found out that the bolt guide is snapped, and I don't know if it's just the guide or the solenoid, but it sounds pretty bad.

Also it comes with a Virtue board, so that was kinda unexpected.

Hossy
12-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Oh my god.

Unbelievably It's leaking.

I found out that the bolt guide is snapped, and I don't know if it's just the guide or the solenoid, but it sounds pretty bad.

Also it comes with a Virtue board, so that was kinda unexpected.

Id rather get exactly what was described than anything unexpected. Even though you got a virtue, your gun is leaking. Id rather have the stock board and it be fine.

Paradox313
12-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Id rather get exactly what was described than anything unexpected. Even though you got a virtue, your gun is leaking. Id rather have the stock board and it be fine.

However the black wire on the battery harness has broken off. Although I too like the stock board, I can atleast sell this one.

If anyone has a bolt guide for a DM6, please PM me

Ace24
12-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Naming guns is for Bamf... :shhh:

Eh... idk. I can't even get slightly satisfied with a Matrix 6 after holding the M7's...

They're good guns though.

bamf-hacker
12-24-2007, 04:31 AM
Naming guns is for Bamf... :shhh:

Amen :)

Check the BST's you may be able to get it fixed cheap.

Also call Dye, you never know what they may do for you.

Either way, I like that marker, minus the reg.

Paradox313
12-24-2007, 10:29 AM
I've found one on the BST and I'm hoping to get that overnighted.

Unfortunately DYE is closed until the 26th.

timmyshoota
12-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Good luck on getting it overnighted the day before Christmas.

Paradox313
12-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Good luck on getting it overnighted the day before Christmas.

Good point. Then hopefully it'll be here on the 26th.

bamf-hacker
12-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Good luck with that too. The shippers are nuts these few days.

Maybe by the weekend.

Paradox313
12-24-2007, 11:12 AM
This could have been completely avoided if he told me the truth.

I tells him to be completely honest with me if anything was wrong with it or leaking.

He said no.

I get this.

Now he's helping me fix it, and also telling me that it never leaked even with the faulty bolt guide.
My best bet is the local shop has one and I can see if they'll part out or something.

timmyshoota
12-24-2007, 11:44 AM
My shocker that I traded for has been sitting in my room in pieces since I got it, because there was stuff wrong with it that I wasn't told about.

Paradox313
12-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Good news.

I've bought a Red Bolt guide, and LPR Cap, along with a Clear Hyper 2. They should be here Friday/Saturday.