PDA

View Full Version : Anno color for my pilot grip frame

MVS1
12-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Alright I need thoughts on what color to anno my grip frame, eyecovers and possible the feedneck. I had to replace my custom eyecovers w/timmy covers and they were supposed to be like "NIB" but not so much, or at least my standard of NIB. So I decided I would send them for anno and the dremel took over before I knew it. it had smoothed all the casting marks on my grip frame so now I need to anno that too, and while I'm at it why not the feedneck as well. I don't want to go with the all black scheme anymore but I can't make up my mind. I want to try and keep the anno bill under $100 so keep that in mind...no acid wash, or other custom stuff. And BTW, any photoshop experts (*cough* Muddytaco *cough*) feel free to post your thoughts as well. Here's the pic's as she sits now...
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o48/commwarrior70/Picture002.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o48/commwarrior70/Picture001.jpg
I purposely didn't include a "POLL" button because I can't make up my mind on which colors to put in there.
Thanks, Smitty.

newkid
12-21-2007, 04:38 PM
red and white to match the otterized sticker

The Pumper
12-21-2007, 04:39 PM
I'd say black to match the body

newkid
12-21-2007, 04:47 PM
I don't want to go with the all black scheme anymore
pumper ^^ who cant read now ;)

MVS1
12-21-2007, 04:54 PM
The Otter sticker has a brushed metal background which is something I had considered as well...Feedneck red, body black, and frame gunmetal or gray/silver. And pumper all black is my first choice but I want something different. Thanks guys for the inputs.

The Pumper
12-21-2007, 04:57 PM
alright
ya i went straight to the pic..:D

Um i like black with blue parts...but thats me. blue is my fav color and like the looks of black with blue

MVS1
12-21-2007, 05:01 PM
LOL I was just having that conversation w/the wife... I was thinking Blue frame and eyecovers and Black feedneck

The Pumper
12-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Ya i think that'd look pretty nice.

I was actually outside your window on my laptop stealing your intarwebz :dodgy: :p

I've always liked blue guns. Just looks so nice. :D

vwjimmy
12-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Black to match.......
The body is too nice to mess with a funky, mismatched frame ;)

MVS1
12-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Well Supa reminded me that his buddy is very interested in picking up my pilot so I guess it comes down to whether he has a preference since it's going to be his as long as the $$$ come through. But keep the suggestions coming just in case he hasn't considered it.
BTW VW your not helping, I really want all black but my wife likes turquoise/black (eyecovers and frame w/black body and feedneck, "tip of the hat" to Shunut, not the same as your beauty) and I'm on the all gloss black bus honestly, but it's her marker (at least that's the excuse I gave her so I could get the nod to buy my A1 :D:D:D).

SupaSnipa
12-21-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm really feeling Red, however, Blue is a sweet choice too

vwjimmy
12-21-2007, 09:47 PM
BTW VW your not helping, I really want all black but my wife likes turquoise/black (eyecovers and frame w/black body and feedneck, "tip of the hat" to Shunut, not the same as your beauty) and I'm on the all gloss black bus honestly, but it's her marker (at least that's the excuse I gave her so I could get the nod to buy my A1 :D:D:D).
Sorry!
.....but, in that case, if you/she keep it, send the whole thing out for a match job. Her colors of course......
Besides, new colors for everything is fun!!!!

Sandman_Bravo
12-22-2007, 04:12 AM
Re-anno it all and add an acid wash or etching!

bamf-hacker
12-22-2007, 04:51 AM
Pink, Pink, Pink.....

I love my pink baby, can you tell :)

Really if you don't do pink ;), I'd also say all black to match. Something about an all black gun that is hawt.

Hob Hayward
12-22-2007, 07:11 AM
I've heard that cast alum doesn't anno well at all... You might be better off powder coating.

MVS1
12-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Bamf...:smileysanta:...pink?!?! Only you can make that look awesome...Now royal purple, maybe, BTW Bamf could you pm me the guy's info that did "Shanna" to me so I can see if he would be better to work with than 125customs, not thye have been babd to work with, but their selections are limited.

I wish water transfer's weren't so expensive because a grey/black weave carbon-fiber on the frame and eye covers would look sweet.

I've heard that cast alum doesn't anno well at all... You might be better off powder coating.
I've never had a problem before and since I've taken the time to smooth all the casting marks it should turn out pretty clean looking.

paintballkid0206
12-23-2007, 04:57 PM
i would go orange, but thats cuz it's one of my fav colors (my high-school team colors are orange and black)

xsvly-fat
12-23-2007, 05:46 PM
i would go with a blue =)

mr1 sniper
12-24-2007, 08:08 AM
a bright green