PDA

View Full Version : Drilled out VA thinking of ASA for LP

volleybiggs
12-21-2007, 02:49 PM
I drilled out the holes in my VA. The holes that were in it were really not much smaller than the 3/16 drill bit I used. Actually I was thinking the hole was really close to 3/16.
I looked into drilling the ASA but the angle of it such that I do not see how my drill bit can go in. I have two ASA thinking one was different but the angle for both is the same.
Would it be worth drilling it out and also should I add another hole or make the hole bigger in the VA? Has anyone tried adding two 3/16 holes??

vwjimmy
12-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Alot of late model Spyder v/a's are already 3/16.......
I don't think the ASA needs any wideing. The porting makes it really tough anyway and the hose is close to the same diameter. Charge flow to the expansion valve is not as critical as the discharge to the bolt/paintball...
Lots of folks (including me!) have drilled two holes in their v/a's...or you can use a bigger drill (be careful though) to get even more flow (Check It Assault Blocks are 5/16)

Hob Hayward
12-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Mmmmm drilling...

I removed the entire thing on my trinity front block... I say pffft to meagre holes... Then again, it didn't do a whole lot for me...