PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have a cocker?

SpyderMan723
12-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Can you tell me a little about the trilogy series.
-performance etc...

i might buy one as a back up

thnx

NeedForSpeed
12-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Bad idea to buy a Trilogy imo.
Buy an 03-04 Prostock or if you're looking for something faster, a Superstock. The prices are going up now though because AV just sold the last of them. Glad I bought my Prostock for $60 a month ago:D
The price won't depreciate though anytime soon so now is better than later.

The Pumper
12-20-2007, 05:42 PM
I beg to differ.
I've owned quite a few trilogys
also, I've owned a 2k2, and 2 04 prostocks. I prefer the trilogies because they are much lighter and much easier to use.
Just my opinion though.

NeedForSpeed
12-20-2007, 05:50 PM
I prefer the ability to be able to customize my cocker more thuroughly though. But to each his own.

Ace24
12-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Only thing the Trilogy is good for is a pump.

The Pumper
12-20-2007, 06:38 PM
hell ya cough avvy cough

Hob Hayward
12-20-2007, 07:12 PM
I had an 04 prostock till 3 days ago, twas a great gun.

Trilogies, I'm not as sure about though, they have crappier (mainly the reg, frame and pneumatics) parts.

12-20-2007, 10:05 PM
the shoot the same as other cockers
but lack the customization of a true cocker

bamf-hacker
12-21-2007, 06:24 AM
I read in your MR rail thread that you wanted a Cocker for foul weather. If that is the case you really should look into a Mag for foul weather.

If you don't believe me look here:

http://www.zakvetter.com/paintball_videos/automag_stress_test.mp4

Ace24
12-21-2007, 08:29 AM
WHAT!? WHAAAT!?

Ok.. so... I want me one of those.

Hob Hayward
12-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Yeah... I need a mag too :P

DriverJ
12-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Was that a electromag? I'm pretty sure it wasn't, and if it was that is impressive. (don't know much about mags)

If you want a good gun for fowl weather a mech or pump cocker will be your champion.

I wouldn't recommend the trilly because of the lack of customization options.
The superstock and prostock are decent ideas, but if you are looking for a mech just cruise around nation, much better deals can be had for much nicer markers.

I've got a pump nightkast and love it.

Oh and to answer the OP's post title. Yes I have a cocker, several in fact.

2 Karnivors, 1 Custom ebladed AIM cocker, 1 Nightkast pump and a Eorracle. All are wonderful markers, and the Nightkast is a champ when the weather goes to crap. I would never dip any of my markers in water just for the simple fact that you'd basically need to tear down the entire thing and relubricate EVERYTHING.

anywho. thats my .02

Kittenkiller
12-24-2007, 04:08 AM
Fowl weather? What an atrocious pun, I love it!
Everyone so far has had valid points, so I'm not going to disagree with them. Both (that is, the so-called true cockers and trilogies) have that wonderful back block action going on (black magic- great marker, no back block, won't own one), but the MAIN difference is adjustability. You can pretty much buy any aftermarket part for the mech and e cockers, albeit some specific parts are getting hard to find. With the Trilogy, some parts will work, others won't. Certain rams, for instance, won't fit due to the location on the body, not a front block.
For a back up marker, the Trilogy would be a good choice, as long as it isn't the Pro SF. Without a stupid-fast uberhopper the poor thing is a high dollar blender. The mech trillies, however, are fairly idiot proof. They are simpler, lighter, and have alot fewer parts. They do have a 1 and 1/2 finger trigger that personally, I can't stand, but some people like it. Nothing is adjustable on the trillies, except back block/bolt position (not as big a deal as people think), cocking rod length (leave it alone, and it'll be fine), and hammer lug depth (mine is backed out 1 and 1/4 turns, because sometimes I want to shoot, but not cycle right then). The feedneck on the trilly is stuck there, so you'll have to get creative if you want a clamping neck. My sport is cast in, and the SF screws off, but nothing else screws on, you know? The timing is fixed, the only way to adjust it is with the TechT adjustable timing rod; same with the LPR, you need a special adapter to put any other LPR on there. Not that there is anything wrong with the stock pneumatics, they are solid, dependable, high flowing units that handle CO2 very well. But you know how it is, if it's on there out of the box then people hate it. Good barrel, though. My sport barrel is 0.688, which is good enough, and the SF came with a Kaner kit that I haven't used, so I have no comment other than when you look through them, you can see where they don't line up right.
All in all, the Trilogy Sport, or (better yet) the Trilogy Comp. would prove to be reliable, all-around good performing markers, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one for back up use, or a first marker. Except the SF. That was such a bad purchase on my part. If I could get my money back, I would, and buy an X7 or an upped Ion.
And since we've listed markers: Trilogy Sport
Trilogy Pro SF
Sniper II
2002 (stock)
Orracle
I forgot to address the "fowl" weather. I don't use any of these when it rains. I could, but I have an old F4 Illustrator that is sealed up rather well, or for pump games, I grab the Silver Bullet II.

PRoBoxer18
12-24-2007, 04:13 PM
I just bought an Autococker Trilogy. Eh its pretty accurate. Light, quite. Not to bad. Its a good back up let me put it that way.

DriverJ
12-28-2007, 11:14 AM
the more atrocious the pun, the more fun ;)