PDA

View Full Version : Pump action pimp

battlechaser
12-19-2007, 12:54 PM
I've been spitballing the idea for a Mil-sim pump for a while, mostly sparked by Critical's Mil-spim, and because I haven't actually seen a mil-sim pump yet... figured it might be nice to play woodsball with, and gain a little skill..

Basically... just wondering what I'd need, as I've seen a couple conversion threads, so I think I've got the basics down.

Valve/valve pin that won't recock the striker. I have a NDZ Hi-flow valve kicking around I have no use for... sooo.. I'll probably drop that off at the local machine shop, and have them machine me a new pin, sans flat spots.

Pump rod - I'm thinking the heavy gauge coat hanger won't cut it, so I'll probably see what I can find in the way of ready-rod/heavier gauge steel rod

Pump - Will probably make from wood, possibly find a rifle/shotgun grip off eBay and mod.

Body - Prefferably a used MR-1 if I can find one.

Stock - Looking at a Trinity Folding stock on eBay.. I knew I might be able to use that link someday... something that has a velocity adjuster, and only blocks the bottom tube.

Loader - Due to the nature of using a pump, I don't think a Qloader is needed, I was thinking of taking one of those brass eagle mini hoppers, chopping off the feedneck and finding a way to screw it directly onto the gun, unless someone can point me in the direction of a spring loaded hopper of sorts, like for a pistol. Much in the fashion of Otter's Spyder Convertable.

Because I'm going on a trip this Xmas, I'll probably start collecting parts in the late winter/spring timeframe... just wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas for it.

EDIT: Was spit-balling with DF over MSN, and was thinking about an air source, possibly a 12g cartridge inside a set of modded/custom grips, with the airline coming out the top, so you could just screw it in.

DFSniper
12-19-2007, 02:10 PM
if youre going mil-sim, the first word that comes to mind when you say "pump" is "shotgun!" i think it would work great. i found a RAP4 shotgun that is beyond BA, but everyone laughs at me when i tell them i would play pump with it...

first, do you want to go wood or synthetic. if you go synthetic, you could make a tactical shotgun w/RAP4 air-thru stock (nicer than the trinity and has velocity adjuster), pistol grip, heat guard, and flashlight. if you were doing a wood stock, you would probably need to find someone to carve a stock and matching pump arm (unless you can mod them from an old gun like you said).
for the air, i would use a remote asa (nipple end) into the VA and then macro/QD hose to the stock.

i have a whole crapload of links to milsim stuff, so if you catch me on AIM i'll see what youre interested in and what i can pull up

edit: my personal favorite that i first saw at Cabela's in michigan: the Tactical Turkey Shotgun
http://personalsecurityzone.com/images/MS63100lg.jpg

battlechaser
12-19-2007, 03:14 PM
if youre going mil-sim, the first word that comes to mind when you say "pump" is "shotgun!" i think it would work great. i found a RAP4 shotgun that is beyond BA, but everyone laughs at me when i tell them i would play pump with it...

first, do you want to go wood or synthetic. if you go synthetic, you could make a tactical shotgun w/RAP4 air-thru stock (nicer than the trinity and has velocity adjuster), pistol grip, heat guard, and flashlight. if you were doing a wood stock, you would probably need to find someone to carve a stock and matching pump arm (unless you can mod them from an old gun like you said).
for the air, i would use a remote asa (nipple end) into the VA and then macro/QD hose to the stock.

i have a whole crapload of links to milsim stuff, so if you catch me on AIM i'll see what youre interested in and what i can pull up.

I'll probably go for the synthetic look, it seems a little more military. I also wasn't going to get the car stock, this is the one I was looking at. Who know's though.. we'll see when I get parts.. this is the one I was refering to.

http://i14.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/ac/10/cdbf_1.JPG

Now if only they made a stock that looked like the one from the original Jurassic park... maybe I'll have to look into making one.. ;)

http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Shotguns/Franchi_SPAS-12-1.gif

Unfortunately though, I don't have AIM, just MSN. :(

DFSniper
12-19-2007, 03:24 PM
ok, i actually like that one. i was looking into the JCS one, but that one looks a lot nicer. how much is it?

as for the jurrasic park stock, ive been floating an idea like that around (for an AK style stock) and you could actually run a bolt through the quick strip hole. with the MR1 being offset feed, you could throw on a an angled pvc elbow-and-pipe hopper (to eliminate the cock-and-rock) and a stock like that would sit right on top. you would probably need to put something inbetween the bars to keep the stock from swinging all the way down.

battlechaser
12-19-2007, 03:47 PM
ok, i actually like that one. i was looking into the JCS one, but that one looks a lot nicer. how much is it?

as for the jurrasic park stock, ive been floating an idea like that around (for an AK style stock) and you could actually run a bolt through the quick strip hole. with the MR1 being offset feed, you could throw on a an angled pvc elbow-and-pipe hopper (to eliminate the cock-and-rock) and a stock like that would sit right on top. you would probably need to put something inbetween the bars to keep the stock from swinging all the way down.

I'll send you the link in a pm.