PDA

View Full Version : A Co2 Question?

nyboy07
12-19-2007, 11:23 AM
After testing out my new mr2 I wanted to take the C02 because I was going to put it away, and the i was unscrewing the tank and it started letting all the Co2 out! I know should not try to remove compressed air but how do you decompress it?:confused: geesh im such a noob.

Hossy
12-19-2007, 12:03 PM
it will do that.
What you do is turn it for a little, and then screw it a quarter turn, then shoot (with no ball in the breech, and noone around) and keep doing that until the tank is completely off

nyboy07
12-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks. Ill try that.:D

Tech Steve
12-19-2007, 03:27 PM
If you unscrew the tank while dry firing the marker (with no hopper on and check for no balls in the breech), you will have a lot less pressure built and it will be easier to unscrew. There will still be some air release, but it should be reduced. This works for compressed air and CO2

kramernator
12-19-2007, 03:42 PM
oh, i always just unscrewed it as fast as i could, until i got an on/off valve, but that is the way my friends still do it, is it bad for anything if you do that, isn't it bad for the marker when you dry fire it?

slim and shady
12-19-2007, 06:31 PM
oh, i always just unscrewed it as fast as i could, until i got an on/off valve, but that is the way my friends still do it, is it bad for anything if you do that, isn't it bad for the marker when you dry fire it?

The only damage that i could see happening from just turning yout tank off is you might freeze your CO2 o-ring and streach, cut or break it. Other than that i doubt anything could be damaged.

Tech Steve
12-20-2007, 01:58 PM
you don't won't to dry fire the marker too much... in the long run it will cause damage as far as the o-rings and such, but it is ok to dry fire for removal of the tank.

ViperX
12-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Dry firing your marker to empty the air is bad on so many levels, just don't do it.

You can still have a ball in there thinking it's empty and accidentally shoot yourself or someone around you....because we all know you always have your barrel plug on 100% of the time right?(lol) There's always that one time...

Just back the tank off the ASA enough to discharge the air left over in the valve chamber of the marker, then give it a few seconds after the discharge before pulling the tank the rest of the way(to keep from tearing the frozen o-ring, let it thaw momentarily).

Easy enough.

Tech Steve
12-21-2007, 03:32 PM
dry firing to remove the tank is not "bad on so many different levels"... obviously if you leave paint in the marker, that is user error and damage from that can only be blaimed on the user... the check for paint comment was made... other than that, no real damage can be caused by this method... it actually helps you know if you have a probelm with your air tank... if your valve is stuck open for some reason, you will know because your marker will keep on firing after a point where the excess air should have been released...

ViperX
12-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Yeah, my comment was meant from a safety aspect, nothing bad to the marker but to the user, where most accidents occur from in the first place.

You don't need to dry fire your marker to empty the chamber, it won't empty the chamber anyway, not if the tank is still attached, and that was the topic of this thread, if you read it.