PDA

View Full Version : Balls breaking in the breach

faithalone
12-19-2007, 04:27 AM
greetings,

i have a problem that keeps recurring and i cannot seem to fix it.

i have a vs3 with a vs2 trigger frame. it keeps breaking balls in the breach and then it gets paint all up in the feedneck of the loader.

I have tried to eliminate everything that i know to do. my eyes appear to be working as it will not fire with no ball in the breach, i have used two different loaders (my halo and my velocity xsv) and i have tried about 5 different kinds of paint to make sure it wasnt the paint. (draxxus bronze, stinger, zen, premium and impact).

I am using a 14" J&J ceramic barrel which has a big bore which should be fine for the paint that i listed.

can anyone think of something else for me to look at? i am at a loss

shunut
12-19-2007, 05:29 AM
Are you detnets working okay? (not allowing the ball to move from where it suppose to be or not allowing double feeding)

Is there any damage to the bolt or breach area that might cause the breaks?

faithalone
12-19-2007, 05:50 AM
good question about the detents...i forgot to put that in my original post....

i have put two new detents and even tried to use the marker with only one on there.....

i do not see any damage to the bolt and have tried a couple of other bolts too...a alamo city low blow and the regular bolt as well as the stock bolt and i get the same results.

i am really at a loss....

swoosh81
12-19-2007, 07:20 AM
Check your eye delay it could be to low. You do have an aftermarket board in it right?

shunut
12-19-2007, 12:00 PM
:yeahthat:

Hadn't thought of your board settings. Maybe post exactly what they are.

faithalone
12-19-2007, 01:27 PM
actually, i wanted to eliminate the possibility of a setting....i took my tadao board out and put the stock board back in....

i wanted to give an update...i think i may have figured out what the problem is but it is still blowing my mind...

i took the stock bolt out which i had modified with my dremel making the cut outs for the detents a but larger so they would not rub on the detents. i have been using this bolt all summer long with no problems...

i swapped that bolt for a alamo city low blow delrin bolt that ron was kind enough to send me so that i could publish a review for the ***********.com website.

i did that and it is no longer breaking paint...i can put it on full auto and shoot ropes once again.

the only thing i could think of is that maybe now it is a bit colder and i am no longer in the humid houston climate but am up in arkansas where it is dryer and much colder which may have made the paint more brittle and more susceptible to breaking...go figure.

also...as soon as i put the alamo city bolt in i had to drop my pressure about 40 psi because the velocity went from 270 to over 320 which was a very nice by product :)

thank you to everyone for your tips and advice...it got me to thinking and to retesting and i decided to try the bolt again and it worked. thanks!

Tech Steve
12-19-2007, 03:16 PM
the only "ok" paint you are using is the draxxus bronze, the others are a little to brittle... def want to shoot a little harder paint... try midnight or nightmare, that should work pretty good