PDA

View Full Version : '07 Sonix Camo paintjob?

Sonix_Nub3
12-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Thinking of making my '07 matte red sonix a woodsball gun, going to do a camo paintjob and a few other upgrades. Should I do this?? or just buy a Mr1 and be happy?
EDIT: I think I might, if possible, find a way to put a "warrior paintball collalpsible stock" on my sonix when i get the camo job ;) wish me luck.
Thanks,
Sonix :)

The Pumper
12-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Its really up to you. In my opinion, annoing a spyder you may not keep that long isnt really worth it. If you want a woodsball gun, go with any of the MR's.

Hob Hayward
12-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Paintjob and anno are very different things

Internally the two guns are no different and should thus perform similarly.

My friend and I cammo'ed his 98 custom and it came out pretty well. So if you have the skill with spray paint, go for it...

Hossy
12-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Annoeing a gun is the best way to do it....but that would cost more than the gun!

Id say get the MR1, but if you do a camo job correctly it looks amazing! If it isnt good, it looks horrible. its a hit or miss thing usually.
If you decide to Spray Paint camoflauge colors on your gun, Use tape as some kind of borders to make it look fresh, dont just spray around and around because that looks messy

The Pumper
12-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Well a paintjob wouldnt hold up very well, I think. Annoing would be more efficient but if its only a temperaory thing, then go for it.

Sonix_Nub3
12-18-2007, 04:35 PM
ok thanks everyone. think i might get a friend's uncle to do it. he does painting cars etc for a living. hes a "pro".. yeah i know i cant clame it as my own work, but atleast itll look nice ^_^

The Pumper
12-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Haha. Better to have someone else do it and look nice than do it yourself and look bad. ;)

Sonix_Nub3
12-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Haha. Better to have someone else do it and look nice than do it yourself and look bad. ;)
exactly my point :)

Sonix_Nub3
12-18-2007, 06:07 PM
edited first post read "EDIT:....."

vikingshadow
12-18-2007, 06:37 PM
A better way to go would be to buy some camo tape and camo your gun. I did it to my old style Sonix many years ago and it looked really good. The trick is to use the cloth tape, not the vinyl kind. That way, when you don't want a camo gun anymore, you just peel the tape off and your good to go! Want camo again? Just put it back on again. No goopy stuff either....

I think I have some pictures of the old girl laying around. I'll try to find one to show you.

*Edit - Here ya go!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/completedsupersonix12.jpg

Sonix_Nub3
12-19-2007, 05:07 AM
Thank you very much man. Think I might just do that :D!

Sonix_Nub3
12-19-2007, 05:13 AM
gone until 4:00 pm.

Sonix_Nub3
12-19-2007, 01:53 PM
tape bought, now just have to get it on there. ill have the pics up after i get back from cmas relatives' houses. so jan 1-4 pic'll be up for u guys :)

Sandman_Bravo
12-19-2007, 04:55 PM
If you totally take the gun apart down to the body, then sand/rough it up, it will take paint well. Follow that up with a few coats of clear and bake in the oven suspended from the top rack with a wire on low heat for at least an 1-1/2. It will be plenty durable for you.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j262/Sandman_Bravo/CIMG0004-2.jpg

^I've posted my Pilot here before, it's painted. If you really want a durable finish go with Dura-coat. Good luck, and enjoy!

Sonix_Nub3
12-19-2007, 05:46 PM
thanks very much, and I have to say, thats a nice looking pilot marker. although, i think ill stick to the tape only because i never know if i am 100% sure i want it camo permanently. again very nice looking marker though :)