PDA

View Full Version : My Misfortune of late.

badlandsrox
12-17-2007, 07:01 PM
So as some of you know, the other week i put my car into a fence, well today, my truck (i have had it for 3 days...)'s transmission blew on it in the middle of the highway, in minuz 10* weather, and so i was stuck in the middle of the highway with no heat, and no way of moving my car, it SUCKED, and apparently is gonna be a $2008 dollar fix (somethin fishy goin on there...), also, my friend got in an accident earlier today to (he's ok, his car has about a grand in damage on it though.

Hossy
12-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Lol about the $2008
That sucks, but especially where you are, you should have one of those blankets that come really air-sealed up in your glove compartment. My Dad snowplows in the winter, and he has one of those in everyone of his trucks.

They may seem like a stupid thing to have, but when your freezing i bet it helps!

Ace24
12-17-2007, 07:37 PM
My insurance is $2007 a year... haha. Fishy? Yes...

Sorry to hear though. Is it really that expensive? Look into how much the new transmission should cost and then figure how much they are charging you for labor.

My gf's uncle does my car work for free. (Because I bring him customers)

badlandsrox
12-17-2007, 07:55 PM
about the blanket thing, i have one of those... in my other car, i just got this truck the other day, and yeah i know, but even still theres a minimum markup of 25%plus labor at almost any mechanic, and yeah my dad does work for free too, hes a meck-a-nick as well, but seeing as how its a sealed transmission (automatic) he's just sending it to a transmission shop, and also cuz they have a bunch of broken down tractors and hoes to fix at the moment.

Hossy
12-17-2007, 08:02 PM
they have a bunch of broken down hoes to fix.

There are alot of hoes to fix in this world, sadly :(
If you get where im coming from

Ace24
12-17-2007, 08:51 PM
>.<

I know how to fix them. But it involves sewing something up. :p