PDA

View Full Version : Help, noob here

Sonix_Nub3
12-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Hello, I'm new to paintball and I'm getting the '07 matte red sonix value pack from a local PB store. I'd like to know any certain upgrades I should get. I'm already positive, though, I'm doing a custom paintjob to "make it my own :p". I also heard a "J&J ceramic '14" is the way to go. Help on barrels would be nice too. I'm thinking of the "E-trigger"?? Also, lol, any paintball terminology u could tell me would help considering I know about nothing. :)

Thanks for everything,
Sonix:)

Hossy
12-17-2007, 03:33 PM
If you want to get a more Woodsball oriented gun, why dont you get a MR1, MR2, or MR3?

A 14 inch J&J Ceramic is a great barrel to start off with. Just make sure that you get a bore of paint to match your barrel.

Welcome to the forums! Were here to help you, so ask all the questions you need! Remember there is a search button too!
Check out the link in my signature, that is The Ultimate Resource thread. It has alot of info that will help you because you are new to the sport and owning a gun!

Sonix_Nub3
12-17-2007, 03:37 PM
If you want to get a more Woodsball oriented gun, why dont you get a MR1, MR2, or MR3?

A 14 inch J&J Ceramic is a great barrel to start off with. Just make sure that you get a bore of paint to match your barrel.

Welcome to the forums! Were here to help you, so ask all the questions you need! Remember there is a search button too!
Check out the link in my signature, that is The Ultimate Resource thread. It has alot of info that will help you because you are new to the sport and owning a gun!

Can't afford anything that expensive + gear. MR1 was a gun I thought about, but decided Sonix -sigh-. Thanks on the barrel tip. Also, checking out the site now. Thanks again :)

Hossy
12-17-2007, 03:52 PM
have you thought about buying used?
Kingman (Spyder) guns have a bad resale rate, so you could play 125 on the sonix or you can buy it online used for about 60 dollars.

Sonix_Nub3
12-17-2007, 04:09 PM
yeah, i thought about it.thing is, i got a mask + sonix marker + rubbish loader + spare stuff etc. for $80. was that a good deal? I figure marker 65 + mask 15 ish + loader 3-5 + spart parts 0 = right at about the right price?

Sonix_Nub3
12-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Anyone? :) u know u wanna help the new guy ^_^

Hossy
12-17-2007, 06:09 PM
yeah thats basically the same price range where of what your looking at used.

Where are you loacted in VA?
Do you have AIM?
If you do, Private Message me the info, im close to you. Maybe I can help you out a little

Kenny_McCormic
12-17-2007, 06:51 PM
You can buy a pilot ACS for that much. Upgrading a spyder IS a money pit so buy the highest upped out of the box one you can afford.

Sonix_Nub3
12-18-2007, 12:20 PM
alright, yeah ive heard alot about the pilots. wish i saw that price before i purchased, and opened my sonix box. cant return now :(