PDA

View Full Version : WTB: LP conversion kit or LP Inline Max-Flo

aodsnyper
12-17-2007, 02:34 PM
i bought an Inline Max-Flo tank regulator and was told it was LP, got it and it's HP. i need the conversion kit or a cheap LP Inline. condition and color doesn't matter, i just need two parts.

thanks,
Justin

DRAGON
12-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Do you mean this is a vert Maxi or horizontal? Regardless, the components are interchangable to a point. I have a vert and have been looking for HP guts so if your parts are in pristine condition(as mine are) we can just trade them off no cost but shipping for both of us. If the reg itself is in perfect shape as mine then we could just trade off regs if yours is black like mine. How did you decipher it is an HP reg? LMK -

aodsnyper
12-17-2007, 11:06 PM
holy slow Kingman forum Batman!

Dragon, i have the horizontal/tank Max-Flo. i believe the vert's only come/came in LP (no real reason to have a HP secondary reg). and yes, the pistons are interchangable but the vert Maxxy only came in LP so it's only interchangable with a LP horizontal Maxxy.

the HP and LP horizontals have different housings because the size of the pistons differ. the LP piston had a wider (larger diameter) surface area so you need a different regulator body to accomodate it.

thanks for the offer though, i would have gladly taken you up on it because mine too is in pristine condition, but alas our fates do not align... lol! i'll keep a look out for you, although as i stated earlier, i don't believe the verts came in an actual HP format. the horizontal one that i'm looking for was available, but i've heard that there weren't an obsorbinant amount of them produced... if you happed to come across one, you pointing me in that direction would be much appreciated.

what output are you looking for? if i'm not mistaken, i think the Nerve's vert Maxxy output pressure was a little higher. i'm not sure if you want that 'look' though.

justin

aodsnyper
12-17-2007, 11:18 PM
Dragon, i was just thinking and i guess i was assuming in my last post that you have the Shocker SFT vert Maxxy. then i thought a little more and remembered that there was an old style/Impulse Max-Flo too. which one do you have? if it's the old style, i'm almost certain they came in both high and low psi outputs. in the end though, you'll have the same situation i do and need not only the piston, but the reg body too.

justin

aodsnyper
01-01-2008, 02:25 PM
up

aodsnyper
01-18-2008, 06:41 AM
anyone have one?

aodsnyper
03-11-2008, 07:51 PM
up.

aodsnyper
04-05-2008, 01:19 AM