PDA

View Full Version : Getting a halo fixed?

Talon
12-17-2007, 12:36 PM
I know this isn't a spyder product, but I didn't know where to post this. I bought a Halo V35 just this last season, and yesterday I went out to play a few games of paintball in the snow. For some reason the halo just died on me, after letting it dry out ( I thought it maybe conditation) and now when I turn it on it will run for 10 sec then slow down,stop then flash green/red. I put new batteries in it and it does the same thing. Would anyone give me a link to get it fixed, or tell me what the problem maybe?

chnk
12-17-2007, 12:53 PM
take apart, clean up the inside, check the connections, clean out the eyes,

try all that before you go an buy stuff first, i might just be the board, a v35 board runs about $20 and stock boards are like $10

Talon
12-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Ya I did that, I thinking it's the board or the motor, but not to sure what to buy first.

chnk
12-17-2007, 03:32 PM
well its easiest to test the motor first, see if you can borrow someones board put it in and see if the motor spins good, if the motor spins good replace the board

if not a new motor inst expensive either, you could do a xmods motor mod or find the stock motor for like $10-$20

Muddytaco
12-17-2007, 05:13 PM
green/red flash is a jam.....take out the eyes and clean them and check all the connections.

DriverJ
12-21-2007, 10:04 AM
It also can indicate a motor fault that appears to be a jam. Try calling Odyssey (drawing a blank on the parent) they fixed mine for free (I had it less than a year tho)