PDA

View Full Version : now or on christmas day?

interceptorMR2
12-16-2007, 05:36 PM
what would you prefer, getting stuff on christmas day or sooner than that? This year i am getting my stuff early because I'm going down to tucson az to visit some family, so we are opening whatever we have here now. I personally prefer to open stuff on the 25th just cause i wait longer so it seems more exciting to me, and i guess more traditional. and then theres the crazy people's choice where you want to open after christmas... which doesnt make sense, but it will be funny to see who clicks on it...:D

marvin-martian
12-16-2007, 05:52 PM
christmas day

Hob Hayward
12-16-2007, 05:54 PM
A. I would hate opening stuff before hand...
B. I don't even like to know what I'm getting...

durrell
12-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Half of the excitement is waiting. ;)

LostCause
12-16-2007, 06:28 PM
i want to wait...makes it worth the suspense....

newkid
12-16-2007, 06:37 PM
I want to open it now but I like tradition of opening on christmas

Hossy
12-16-2007, 07:01 PM
A. I would hate opening stuff before hand...
B. I don't even like to know what I'm getting...
Half of the excitement is waiting.

QFT.
I hate people who open presents early for the fun of it, or who have to sneak around their parents and see what there getting. Christmas was made a holiday for Giving, as Christians were given Jesus around this time a LONG time ago. To me those people who open stuff early out of excitement or whatever dont deserve presents because they are greedy and dont understand the main purpose of the holiday. Sure, you can open your holiday cards when they come in the mail early, you can open the present grandma gave you because she cant make it christmas day...but all of the stuff? NO WAY!

I know basically what im getting from family friends. Money, Gift Cards, and maybe a game or something of the sort. I dont know what 'Santa' or my parents or what my sister will get me. I like the surprise.

Dont get me wrong, in some cases like yours its ok. and sure, i want to see what I got.
Waiting for this stuff is a virtue. Your going to get it anyways, so why do you need it a day or two earlier?

Hob Hayward
12-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Its a pagan holiday Hossy... Not so much christian really.

Hossy
12-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Yeah, but there still is a link between christians and christmas

xsvly-fat
12-16-2007, 07:47 PM
wait till Christmas

MR2 Woodsballer
12-16-2007, 07:53 PM
I don't care if I open my stuff early I do all of my own shopping anyway so it makes no differance to me when it comes to my own gifts. My birthday is 2 days before Christmas so I guess I kinda get a preview anyway. I usually wait in Christmas day and do it with the family.

bamf-hacker
12-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Wait til the holiday to open the presents.

That is the whole idea, isn't it?

DFSniper
12-16-2007, 09:21 PM
eh, i know what im getting. a 20gb Zen and a video camera. why do i know this? because thats all i asked for. so if i get anything else, itll be inferior and not a big "WOW! COOL!" on christmas day (unless my dad bought me a rifle like he did my brothers!). i want it NOW so i can listen to my music on a decent mp3 player and so i can make vids & take pics whenever i want.

true, its the season of giving, but the "giving" part has become so overhyped that now its more about getting than giving. so if i sound harsh and unreligious, blame it on society...

interceptorMR2
12-17-2007, 08:40 PM
QFT.
I hate people who open presents early for the fun of it, or who have to sneak around their parents and see what there getting. Christmas was made a holiday for Giving, as Christians were given Jesus around this time a LONG time ago. To me those people who open stuff early out of excitement or whatever dont deserve presents because they are greedy and dont understand the main purpose of the holiday. Sure, you can open your holiday cards when they come in the mail early, you can open the present grandma gave you because she cant make it christmas day...but all of the stuff? NO WAY!

I know basically what im getting from family friends. Money, Gift Cards, and maybe a game or something of the sort. I dont know what 'Santa' or my parents or what my sister will get me. I like the surprise.

Dont get me wrong, in some cases like yours its ok. and sure, i want to see what I got.
Waiting for this stuff is a virtue. Your going to get it anyways, so why do you need it a day or two earlier?

oh yeah i know, i completely agree with you, im a little dissapointed, not in the stuff i got, but its a little lame because it takes away the anticipation and the fun in waiting so long to see what i get. I only opened half of my stuff because my parents couldnt fit all the stuff in the truck for the way down to tucson, but i still wish i was opening it on christmas day... but one reason my parents wanted me to open them was because i got new headphones and the band of brothers dvd set, so they wanted to give me something to watch on my ipod for the way down... which i guess is okay, but it still takes away half the fun in it...

bigred76
12-18-2007, 12:06 AM
I know what I'm getting, too. The only thing I answered my GF with when she asked me: an Xbox360 EL with extra controller and Halo3. :D I really want to open it now and start playing, but I suppose I can wait... it is only 7 days until Christmas... :(

DFSniper
12-18-2007, 12:29 AM
i got an early present (sort of) today. on dec. 26th i have to go to louisville to get re-fingerprinted for my citizenship paperwork. thats not a big deal since we're going to michigan anyway that day, and we have to pass through louisville. thats a good and bad thing. its good because that means they're making progress, but its bad because i had to send in fingerprints with my application, so i dont see why i should have to do it again...

bigred76
12-18-2007, 12:52 AM
It's because they found out you're really an international criminal and want you to walk in so they can bust you. :dodgy:

HelpDeskHustler
12-18-2007, 03:42 AM
meh, as soon as I leave I'm never doing this holiday **** again, I'll just buy people presents when it looks like they need something but aren't willing to do anything about it. I'm tired of not wanting anything (because I'm a proactive person who goes out and buys stuff when the need arises) and people badgering me for ideas on what to get me. I mean, I understand the spirit of it all, which is why I feel the need to get others stuff when they go get me stuff (no matter how much I don't need it) but I really am tired of doing it when everyone else does it every year, everything is more expensive now, I don't need that.