PDA

View Full Version : 20oz. co2 not empty, but MR2 treats it as is.

zombie
12-16-2007, 04:58 PM
today after two games (on semi) my MR2 started to make noises like it was out of co2. It uncocked and couldnt fire again after recocking. so i traded guns with a friend, who just got shot out, and finished the game. after the game the co2 that "ran out" didnt feel empty, so i put it on another semi auto marker and it worked fine. is there a reason why my mr2 cant use a bottle of co2 until its completly empty or is this a normal thing? is there something i could change on the gun that will enable it to use all the co2?

interceptorMR2
12-16-2007, 05:24 PM
hmm, i had a similar problem with my victor II, so I'm stuck too...not that I use my victor II anymore as my primary marker.

alabama_lowlife
12-16-2007, 05:54 PM
maybe your valve is hanging open? my mr2 will shoot the tank dry. i've seen guns do that when the valve was sticking open. i've also read that a worn/rounded off sear can cause this due to it not being able to catch the striker when it goes back and that it can be fixed by filing the edge square again. (i have not had this experience personally)

deano 177
12-16-2007, 05:56 PM
I also had an issue with my MR1 acting up with me this weekend. Once I oiled it up it shot fine the rest of the day. I ususally put a few drops in the hole of the constant air adapter and that does the trick. I really had to lube the marker up and once I did I did not have problem 1 from there on out.

zombie
12-17-2007, 12:04 AM
thank you everyone for your response.

alabama: im really a noob, so what does it mean when the valve is hanging open?

im going to relube everything and try filing the sear

edit-well it went back to normal after i took apart the valve (lubed the ring), filed the sear to a square, and relubed the stricker bolt. i think my gun just got a brain fart or something.

deano 177
12-17-2007, 07:11 AM
glad to hear it is working! Keep the oil flowing!