PDA

View Full Version : Building the uber hopper, but which one?

Muddytaco
12-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Ok at first i was set on getting a magna then i decided to wait for NXe to show and it looks like a huge pos IMO not even going to try it. So then I was like ok that was an easy decision but then i started to think about and thought the magna might set alittle weird, which bamf has confirmed for me, i sure i could get use to it but i don't want the thing in my face all the time so i just went ahead and marked it off my list. So now I am to the point that I can pretty much build whatever hopper i choose do to the amount of cash i had stacked up for magna with all the other crap you can get for it. I have narrowed down to these two:

Hopper A Vlocity:
Full size smoke vlocity w/ free silver vlo jr. shell
Virtue or NOX chip
Code 242 battery kit
Speedfeed
Gangstar paddle spring
dynasty cone whenever it finally comes out

Hopper B The Empire/magna:
B2 board kit
Magna clutch kit
Bone battery kit
SPD rip drive knob
SPD backplate
hybrid shells
speedfeed

Both will cost me about the same so that isn't a factor. Yes all this crap is not needed but i have money setting around and since all my guns and other gear are max on ups I am building the ultimate end all hopper. Ordering it all sometime in the next few days so I need your opinion I keep going back and forth on it, i have loaded and emptied my cart like 15 times already.

xsvly-fat
12-14-2007, 04:37 PM
my friend just got a velocity and i like it alot more than the empires.

vikingshadow
12-14-2007, 05:06 PM
I actually used a Magna last weekend and it didn't feel "in my face" or set weird at all. It seemed weird at first, but once I started shooting, I forgot about it. It was very fast, very very smooth, and the adjustable slip drive is pretty awesome. Of course, it has the B2 electronics so it's pretty much a major upgrade of the B2 (mechanically, that is.) I'd get it myself if I were needing a new loader, which fortunately (and financially) I'm not in need of one!

Out of your choices, I'd go with Hopper B. Just a matter of opinion though.

timbertiger20
12-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Speaking of which......where's my baby? So far the Magna we are trying needed turned down the sound detection set on minimum for the Droid. Seems to be awful paint. A couple of guys brought out a case of some 4 year old paint to try out and we broke one in the barrel and a couple in the hopper. Pulled some magnets out and it worked like a dream! Not to mention I know the guy who just bought up the remaining stock of the magna RF's. Not sure how long those could take to replenish.......hopefully not long!

vikingshadow
12-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Oops! Sorry - been such a hectic week, I haven't done anything but work and sleep, with some eating and pooping in between...

I'll get her boxed up and on her way to you next week, ASAP. BTW - it was the Droid that I was using with the Magna. We did have to turn the sound sensitivity up a little bit, but not much. Man, you talk about a smooth shooter with the Magna and the Droid! They seem to be made for each other. The RF thing is pretty cool as well. Just drop an RF chip in your gun and you're ready to go.

SupaSnipa
12-14-2007, 07:16 PM
I say Vlo all the way

HelpDeskHustler
12-15-2007, 07:47 AM
edit: I thought you said halo b when it said "hopper b"

Magna.

vlocity is better than the Halo b IMO. None of this is based on the weight or speed of either hopper. Vlocity is a bit lighter and has a better shape than the halo series for snapping, but the magna is an even better shape.

battlechaser
12-15-2007, 07:59 AM
That actually helped, because I was eyeing the Magna... bought the Reloader II thinking it'd be all I needed.... yeeeeah....

Anyone need a Reloader II? :D

Magna.

Hob Hayward
12-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Have you considered the torque?

To me, it looks like one of the better hoppers available right now..

The Pumper
12-15-2007, 08:51 PM
vlocity, baby..YA! :D

bamf-hacker
12-16-2007, 05:06 AM
Like I said in IM... Neither, you already have a fast enough hopper, BUT..... I know you and you will do it anyway so I say Magna, just because I want to see what you can do with it. :)

VS3 Sniper
12-16-2007, 06:40 AM
^ Thats what I told him.

Muddytaco
12-16-2007, 11:20 PM
Have you considered the torque?

To me, it looks like one of the better hoppers available right now..

not a option i play back/mid and holding 130-140 balls isn't going to cut it.

I had my cart all loaded up for the vlocity stuff but i think i am going to go empire/magna.

Muddytaco
12-17-2007, 01:55 AM
changed my shopping cart 80 times today going back and forth on what to buy but i finally picked up out........what will the setup be?........****cue bamf style hold out on info****