PDA

View Full Version : Court Time Again

cyberthrasher_706
12-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Well, today we get to go back infront of the judge to let him know how we're all doing after he gave us temporary custody of our kids after their father, who had primary custody through the tribe, decided to abandon them 100 or so miles away with his father who then took temporary custody without even trying to get ahold of us. They tried claiming we're not fit parents because we're not native american, even though I am and they just don't realize that. So they might show up and try to say it again but we'll probably just end up continuing with our custody since their father is still on the run from parole, since the happened in september. Just wanted to let you guys know what's going on and say "Wish me luck, Kat needs the reassurance"

DFSniper
12-14-2007, 12:08 PM
good luck to both of ya!

cyberthrasher_706
12-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Well, We made it back. The judge started late since nobody was there but us, I'm assuming to give him time to show up, though he would've been arrested on the spot. We informed the judge that his family, who were so concerned with us cutting them off, have never tried contacting us to spend time with the kids and haven't returned our calls and letters. Basically he approved and we set another update hearing for 4 months from now since with the current order, which is reversed from what the original agreement is, would leave him with primary custody over the summer. I really don't think that's a good idea since he's stated that he only wants them so she can't have them and he doesn't think it's fair that he should pay child support. Never mind the fact that he already abandoned them and hasn't been in their lives. So, hopefully he'll be locked up or still on the run so we can just file for full custody and take his parental rights away. If you knew more about him, you'd understand why he shouldn't have anything to do with parenting. So, Woohoo!! I found some Southern Comfort brand Egg Nog (non-alcoholic) at safeway so I threw in a couple shots of 100 proof (black label) SoCo and it is super yummy.

DFSniper
12-14-2007, 03:14 PM
I really don't think that's a good idea since he's stated that he only wants them so she can't have them and he doesn't think it's fair that he should pay child support. Never mind the fact that he already abandoned them and hasn't been in their lives.
wow, i dont see how anyone that has said and done that can get the court to swing in their favor.

cyberthrasher_706
12-14-2007, 05:08 PM
I don't think it's ever going to swing in his favor again. The reason he got primary custody to begin with is because he kept them from her during a visit after he got out of jail one of the times and she had to send the cops out because he wasn't bringing them home. So he filed for custody and it got sent to mediation (this was just after we met so i wasn't there for the initial kindapping) and the judge said I wasn't allowed to be there for her. So he used the fear factor on her because he's an abusive raping bastard and got himself primary custody. I've worked on her quite a bit to fill her with my life strength and she's able to not take so much crap because of fear, though she does still get nervous. I spent most of this last semester's financial aid on a couple of lawyers just to make sure that we have some good backup.

oh yeah, to show how screwed up he is; this last time he got out of prison for probation violations, the time before that, when he took the kids and kept them from her, was from when he tied his girlfriend (yeah, she's still with him) to the bed and beat the crap out of her with a shower rod. I can vent on this forever.