PDA

View Full Version : Creating MP3 CDs

DFSniper
12-14-2007, 08:54 AM
ok, disregarding the whole debate on ripping from CDs, i want to know what i need to do to create a CD of MP3 songs to play in my moms new car. can i use Nero or do i have to download another program specifically for data files?

edit: i cant find my nero installation cd. i found an Audio CD Maker program on download.com, but its only a 15 day trial.

shunut
12-14-2007, 09:48 AM
I use Nero to make MP3 cds all the time. Nero is very easy to use and I've never had any problems with it.

If your music is already in the MP3 format, you can probably just choose the songs you want on the cd, right click them and send them to your cd burner. That way you don't need any programs other than windows. Not 100% sure that would work as easy as I'm making it sound, so I would give it a test run before you waste lots of time on it.

cyberthrasher_706
12-14-2007, 10:42 AM
yeah, that's pretty much how you would do it. You can also just use media player to burn it if they're already in mp3 format. I don't remember if Media player will convert now with version 11 or not. I think you can get a trial of nero. Is it a new cd player?? most of the new ones that support mp3 also support WMA so you may not have to do anything. Check the documentation for the player and see what file formats it supports.

DFSniper
12-14-2007, 11:03 AM
If your music is already in the MP3 format, you can probably just choose the songs you want on the cd, right click them and send them to your cd burner. That way you don't need any programs other than windows. Not 100% sure that would work as easy as I'm making it sound, so I would give it a test run before you waste lots of time on it.
yeah, i was thinking about that because my mom has a drag-and-drop program that came with her computer that does exactly that. i'll give that a try and if it doesnt work, i'll look around the house for a nero cd.

edit: ok, after i copied them to the drive directory, a "Write these files to CD" option popped up on the left. thanks.