PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any clue

SpyderMan723
12-13-2007, 04:08 PM
If there is an adapter that allows you to fill up your HPA tank from your air compressor?

i've been dying to get something like that

oldironmudder
12-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Air compressor, as in one that runs air tools? Wont work. Makeing the adapter fit is easy but unless your marker runs at 125psi or less it wouldnt be worth the time.

pb34
12-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Paintball tanks require either 3000 or 4500psi to be filled. A normal air compressor only goes to about 125 so no there is not an adapter. You would have to invest in a paintball compressor which are a couple thousand dollars.

SpyderMan723
12-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Air compressor, as in one that runs air tools? Wont work. Makeing the adapter fit is easy but unless your marker runs at 125psi or less it wouldnt be worth the time.

:/

what do you suggest. I dont live anywere near a PB shop and i doubt my folks will drive me there

SpyderMan723
12-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Paintball tanks require either 3000 or 4500psi to be filled. A normal air compressor only goes to about 125 so no there is not an adapter. You would have to invest in a paintball compressor which are a couple thousand dollars.

Forget that!

>: ( guess i'll have to wait until i go to play, then fill up b4 i leave

thnx guys

oldironmudder
12-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Get several used tanks online & before you leave the field get them filled so you can play & test stuff at home.

deano 177
12-13-2007, 04:25 PM
they make a booster that a normal air compressor works with. The boosters are still about $2K. Here is a link so you can read about air...http://www.paintballcompressor.com/

chnk
12-13-2007, 05:53 PM
put a co2 valve on the hpa tank and have it filled with co2, doesnt sound like the smartest thing, but its safe if install right, and will last you a long time

oldironmudder
12-13-2007, 06:20 PM
put a co2 valve on the hpa tank and have it filled with co2, doesnt sound like the smartest thing, but its safe if install right, and will last you a long time

WTF OMFG!!!!!!!!!

That is byfar the worst thing I have heard all week. Yall do know that Co2 will change pressure over the corse of the day & shot by shot.

I would love to see that, online & with NOBODY around the tank.

Drefish99
12-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Please be careful when experimenting with air equipment. If you mess up you are liable to hurt or kill yourself or someone around you.

I don't want to be blown up on the field by someone trying to air up a tank they messed up because they have no clue what they are doing.

Thanks.

bigred76
12-13-2007, 10:51 PM
:yeahthat: Please do not be stupid and blow up a tank, causing bad media for paintball and bad news for your health.

SpyderMan723
12-14-2007, 11:53 AM
AND

I have a T-board so i dont want to freeze it up using Co2.

:P

pb34
12-14-2007, 01:19 PM
AND

I have a T-board so i dont want to freeze it up using Co2.

:P

Well then I have good news for you....the air source doesn't touch the board in a blowback marker. You can use whatever air you want with the T-board in a Spyder and it won't hurt it at all.

deano 177
12-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Well then I have good news for you....the air source doesn't touch the board in a blowback marker. You can use whatever air you want with the T-board in a Spyder and it won't hurt it at all.
Co2 still makes the marker "sweat" sometimes.

I know this stuff is expensive but you guys don't need to do any stupid things like putting co2 in a Hpa tank. You have no idea what will happen. It might be fine. It might crack the tank and blow. Do you want to risk having a carbon fiber grenade tucked under your arm? If you want to have access to more than one tank of air at the house then you will have to bite the bullet and buy another tank or get the scuba tanks with the proper fill equipment. That is the bottom line. You will get hurt if you dont know what you are doing. It is good that you are asking questions. But don't try to put any of these crazy ideas to work until you are sure about the saftey aspect of it. You wouldn't run around the woods without any goggles on would you?

SpyderMan723
12-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Co2 still makes the marker "sweat" sometimes.

I know this stuff is expensive but you guys don't need to do any stupid things like putting co2 in a Hpa tank. You have no idea what will happen. It might be fine. It might crack the tank and blow. Do you want to risk having a carbon fiber grenade tucked under your arm? If you want to have access to more than one tank of air at the house then you will have to bite the bullet and buy another tank or get the scuba tanks with the proper fill equipment. That is the bottom line. You will get hurt if you dont know what you are doing. It is good that you are asking questions. But don't try to put any of these crazy ideas to work until you are sure about the saftey aspect of it. You wouldn't run around the woods without any goggles on would you?

lol no, i would DEF not use that idea.

i had no clue co2 didnt hurt until just now. now im pleased! thnx alot pb34!!!

pb34
12-14-2007, 07:26 PM
i had no clue co2 didnt hurt until just now. now im pleased! thnx alot pb34!!!

No problem! Although CO2 doesn't hurt the marker HPA is the best choice. It is much more consistent and you won't have any problems with temperature change. There are also many more regulators that run on HPA than CO2.

The Booth Man
12-15-2007, 12:18 PM
I'm surprised no one has suggested buying a Scuba tank with an adaptor. you can pick one up for around $200 new with an adaptor. Once you get over the intitial investment, you can get them filled for $5 to $15 from a Scuba supply shop