PDA

View Full Version : Spyder BT-Apex Barrel

MR1_SNIPER
12-11-2007, 11:33 PM
The Apex Barrel claims to give the ball either a left hook, right hook, dive bomb, or long flat trajectory shots. I was wondering if the barrel is as good as it sounds. I only have until the 13th which is Wednesday to make up my mind whether or not I'm going to get it. :D

deano 177
12-12-2007, 01:10 AM
I've seen peeps with tippys using them. I haven't shot one... check out the reviews at pbreview.com... (http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/3894/)

mr1 sniper
12-12-2007, 07:14 AM
i don't know if they work well or not but they probably do, but i don't see where you have to have skill to use one. if you can just shoot over a bunker instead of having to have to move.

deano 177
12-12-2007, 09:00 AM
You guys are twins! I have shot a tippy with the flat line. It was moderately meh. my stock mr1 was more accuate

SundragonPPS
12-12-2007, 04:48 PM
was just talking to my son today. he finally got to use the apex i gave him a short while ago on his imagine and loves it. he says it uses a slight bit more air but made the games more interesting with all the curving function controls at hand.

newkid
12-12-2007, 04:59 PM
my friend has one on his 98 and it is really accurate

cyberthrasher_706
12-12-2007, 05:31 PM
I had thought about getting one in the past but decided not to after playing with my friends Flatline. That thing sucks to aim. I don't know how similar the Apex is to it but the idea seems the same so I'd imagine the performance would be the same.

LostCause
12-12-2007, 05:35 PM
the one thing i heard was it makes the paint not break...idk why bbut a lot of ppl have told me that....

so if anyonce can say it doesnt then I would say, test it first

pinkanese
12-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Well the barrel that comes wiht the Apex is crap. If you really want ot us one and get some decent accuracy out of it get jsut the tip, and then go to PPS or UMS and get an adapter to mount it on a better barrel.

newkid
12-12-2007, 06:01 PM
flatline sucks on 98s but are good on a-5s (friend has one and works good imo) Apex is not the same as flatline

slim and shady
12-12-2007, 06:11 PM
The Apex is a great barrel, I own one and love it. BT service is unbeatible, you have nothing to lose. The barrel that comes with the Apex isnt crap, not in my experience. But still I went ahead and got the underground mod adapter and put the apex on my 14" progressive. I love this barrel hook shots are neet but I dont use them unless im in urban combat. i bought it for the long shot I can hit a tailgate stood on end 8-9/10 from 200-220 feet. It really is a great barrel but you have to play with it to, its not just a point and shoot. Another great thing though is its ability to be turned off, if your in a situation when you want it to preform like a regular barrel it will. Dont hesitate to get it.

EDIT: I just wanted to add there is no comparison to the flatline. When the Apex was made, IMO it put the flatline in the stoneage.

MR1_SNIPER
12-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Okay thanks! I'm going to go ahead and try it.

TommyRuss
12-13-2007, 12:46 PM
I agree with Slim Shady. Been playing with the Apex for about a year using the stock barrel. The hook shots are average, but I constantly adjust the "flatline" setting for range.

Definitely takes some time getting used to, but a great barrel overall.

cyberthrasher_706
12-13-2007, 06:17 PM
EDIT: I just wanted to add there is no comparison to the flatline. When the Apex was made, IMO it put the flatline in the stoneage.
Yeah, I had just heard alot of people say that it was like it. The only thing I wanted it for was the range. If I were to get one (tip for my J&J), how much of my porting would that cover up? Another thing: My understanding is that it operates off of a ramp at the end of the barrel, how much possibility could there be of that ramp causing a break? I've shot quite a few cases through my ceramic and I've never had a single break; I'd hate to break that streak now. I just wish I knew someone in my area with one that I could try out before I buy, I'm kinda picky.