PDA

View Full Version : MR3 pistol!!!!...?

artillerist90
12-11-2007, 03:48 PM
ok guys crazy idea here but hear me out.

imagination is a requirement.

I think DFSniper was wondering about such a custom pistol. Well here's a brainstorm.

Ok so remove the foregrip on the MR3, then remove the shroud, then remove the stock and carry handle if you've still got one on there. Keep the ASA and drop-forward for now. Put a little shorty barrel on the end(maybe a mock suppressor if that tickles your fancy). Hook up a remote line and BAM! you've got a one-of-a-kind automatic MR3 pistol (with eyes! lol). If you're particularly creative, I suppose you could find a way to make it 12g compatible.

The look of the MR3 body with all those parts taken off is just absolutely perfect for a Mil-sim pistol. I suppose it could work for an MR1 and MR2 but I haven't looked at those because I don't have one.

The only problem is finding a reasonably sized paintball clip or some other paintball source to hook on there somewhere, but a little custom work never hurt anybody(ok maybe a few people).

Thoughts? Technical problems I missed? Man I'm excited

artillerist90
12-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Ok so this is KINDA what I'm thinking of. i just edited a normal pic of an MR3 in paint so it's not perfect.

DFSniper
12-11-2007, 04:04 PM
thats not bad... but will you need to do any mods for the air line once you take the foregrip off? throw a 50rd hopper on there and you're all set!

artillerist90
12-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Not unless you want to have some other air source. A remote from the ASA would be fine for me but like I said I suppose it's possible for a 12gram or a little larger supply on the bottom of the Verticle C/A Adapter.

DFSniper
12-11-2007, 04:40 PM
no, i meant the way the ss line fits into the body. from the manual i cant tell if it screws in, or if the grip holds it in place.

presenting the first ever DFSniper Chop-shop Customs production:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/Paintball%20Customizing/mr3pistol2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/Paintball%20Customizing/mr3pistol.jpg

and yes, i gave it timmy covers, because the stock ones dont look like they'd fit without the grip.

edit: i forgot to add this, but slimming down the milling on the body would be a good idea because the body itself looks a little heavy.

artillerist90
12-11-2007, 04:54 PM
yeah that's great. It would definitely look more like a pistol with and alternate air source though.

yes, the adapter screws into the gun so it could be replaced with something else if need be.

DFSniper
12-11-2007, 05:00 PM
it would only be about $20 more than an ariakon pistol, but it has eyes and full-auto capability!

artillerist90
12-11-2007, 05:08 PM
yeah talk about ripping through the clips though. You'll need about 20 spare if you hope to sustain fire.

DFSniper
12-11-2007, 05:40 PM
its like in the video games, if it takes you a whole clip to kill someone with a pistol, youre probably already dead... i wouldnt mind taking one to a scenario game. throw a 3.5oz on it and holster it and you'd be good to go. since it would take too long to turn it on and switch to full auto, i would do the response trigger mod, that way you get 2 shots per pull!

artillerist90
12-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Here's some pictures I just took. Pretty close to those diagrams minus the hose.

yeah....going to have to figure out how to protect those eye wires.

DFSniper
12-11-2007, 07:37 PM
is that a standard VA? thats even better!

newkid
12-12-2007, 04:52 PM
cut the double trigger down to a single trigger

Tech Steve
12-13-2007, 07:49 AM
this mod has been done... it works better with an mr1 though, put a single finger trigger frame and you can remove the hose and it's 1/8 standard thread into the receiver

villageidiot019
10-07-2008, 07:12 AM
It looks more like a Mac11 which would be AWESOME!

Dalenator31
04-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Wow. Very nice. How is the weight on that?

Karnivor'sFan
06-09-2009, 10:57 AM
i dont know if this has been said but,were the air line goes just put a screw on it so air doesnt come off, then drill/tap a hole on the same altitude(lol i dk how to express) but on the side on the gun, then put in a 90* elbow(macrofitting)and just use those adapters for reg threads to 12gram, there you go enjoy :)

sonik
11-06-2009, 06:23 AM
deleted... as the troll was deleted... :D

Peace.

Lord Nelson
04-13-2010, 08:40 PM
i did the pistol idea with my mr1. it was pretty cool only that i don't have a shorty barrel. for a hoppers i used my original qloader socket on it. it mounts a qpod with the pod pointing towards the shooter for quick pod changes. the qloader system helped give it a center balance and it was a pistol with a 100 rnds. don't know too many that can do that lol!! it was pretty cool. my only prob is i don't have a holster nor the patience to make a modified holster.