PDA

View Full Version : photoshop help!

DFSniper
12-10-2007, 06:47 PM
ok, i have PS 7.0, and i go to use the wand tool, it'll let me select what i want. but if i click it again, it says "no pixels are more than 50% selected" and from then on i cant do anything with the image.

redz22
12-11-2007, 02:22 PM
make sure you are in the right layer.

cyberthrasher_706
12-12-2007, 04:34 PM
I don't know, I use GIMP. It's free (Linux), does pretty much the same stuff, has better support, does video, and doesn't kill my machine.

DFSniper
12-12-2007, 04:41 PM
make sure you are in the right layer.
thats another problem im having. i cant figure out how to open the layer window anymore.

HelpDeskHustler
12-12-2007, 05:29 PM
I don't know, I use GIMP. It's free (Linux), does pretty much the same stuff, has better support, does video, and doesn't kill my machine.
GIMPshop is one of my favorites but the macros/brushes for illustrator and photoshop are much better IMO. Not very helpful in terms of the question at hand though.

sounds to me like you are on the wrong layer, using the wrong tool, using a bad image type, or just a restricted image. I'm not sure which one though

open layer window by clicking "window" then "layers"

DFSniper
12-12-2007, 05:54 PM
ok, i have the layers window open. it labels the image as background. i can use the wand tool to select something, do anything within the selection, but as soon as i click within the selection with the wand tool, the pop up shows up again. what im trying to do is unselect the selected area, but it wont do that!

HelpDeskHustler
12-12-2007, 05:55 PM
ok, i have the layers window open. it labels the image as background. i can use the wand tool to select something, do anything within the selection, but as soon as i click within the selection with the wand tool, the pop up shows up again. what im trying to do is unselect the selected area, but it wont do that!
If the layer shows a lock next to it, right click in the layer window, then click duplicate layer, then delete the locked one with the background and you should be able to edit it.

DFSniper
12-12-2007, 06:03 PM
nope, that didnt work.