PDA

View Full Version : New MR-2 Preliminary actions to make it work well

zack.pearson
12-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Hi everyone i just got my new mr-2 and i was just wondering...i see a bunch of people who seem to have problems with theres when they first get it.. I was wondering if someone could put together a whole list of everything us new mr-2 owners should do as soon as we get our marker..personally ive already compressed the sprng inside of my acs bolt for about 24 hours and idk what else i should do to gte it in perfect working order...and wat sucks more is i live in nyc so i cant really take it to a field or my backyard to testfire and troubleshoot from there..so neways...a list please guys?

alabama_lowlife
12-10-2007, 03:26 PM
i compressed my bolt for 2 days (not in a row) with a zip-tie it's not fully broken in, it doesn't recock itself when it jams but it hasn't chopped a ball after about 1500-2000 balls. nor have i had a barrel break with it. all i have right now is a gravity hopper. so far it has worked pretty well, other than needing a loader that will keep up with the marker.

of course, i've got rose colored glasses when it comes to this gun since my first game of alamo with this gun was my best game ever. lol

oldironmudder
12-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Take the marker apart & lube it good.

As long as you take care of it, it wont break down on you.

zombie
12-10-2007, 09:49 PM
i compressed the bolt for about 6 days and use a halo b v35 w/rip. no recock or noticiable broken balls. i love my mr2 more then ever.

kingny
12-11-2007, 01:09 PM
.personally ive already compressed the sprng inside of my acs bolt for about 24 hours

i just got my MR2 and what do you mean by compress and how do you do it..im from NYC to STATEN ISLAND!!

D-rail
12-12-2007, 05:44 AM
Well, this is how I did it...

I pulled the bolt out of the marker. While holding the bolt in one hand, "cock" it with the other hand (compress the spring) it should be really stiff. Take a butterknife (yes - a butterknife) with the "knife end in" stick it in between the bolt and the spring while it is compressed - holding the spring down so it is forced to stay in a compressed state...

I left it for like 2 days and haven't really had too many problems since!

... that and the fact I got a hopper that can actually keep up with the marker! :rolleyes:

zack.pearson
12-14-2007, 08:18 AM
lmao king ny im frm nyc also manhattan...going to the outlaw field in si on sunday...and i just got my mr-2 aswell