PDA

View Full Version : Grenade launchers and the MR2

slim and shady
12-09-2007, 04:42 PM
I know there is a thread on this somewhere but I couldnt find it

Has anyone put a grenade launcher on a MR2?
I am wondering about weight, look feel and air consumption.

Specificaly im looking at the Scepter series of launchers that launch sergical tubing grenades as well as grape shot. If anyone has any info it would be apreciated.

DFSniper
12-09-2007, 06:17 PM
i actually just looked them up last night (well, ok, it was almost 4 in the morning...) but RAP4's cheapest one is $135 (needs under-barrel rail mount) and $65 for 1 grenade that shoots .43 cal paint for $200 and up for 3 grenades. lemme pull up my links really quick:
http://rap4.com/paintball/os/grenade-launcher-c-38.html

deano 177
12-09-2007, 09:33 PM
I wonder what kind of fps those things launch the balls at?

slim and shady
12-10-2007, 03:43 PM
i actually just looked them up last night (well, ok, it was almost 4 in the morning...) but RAP4's cheapest one is $135 (needs under-barrel rail mount) and $65 for 1 grenade that shoots .43 cal paint for $200 and up for 3 grenades. lemme pull up my links really quick:
http://rap4.com/paintball/os/grenade-launcher-c-38.html

Thanks for posting up the info I was more looking for launchers that shot sergical tub grenades rather than the .43 paintballs.
but again, thanks

ViperX
12-10-2007, 05:17 PM
I don't think you can use launchers to shoot surgical grenades. Most fields would never allow you to do that. think of the mass of those things, and picture getting hit by one propelled by a launcher. Major insurance liabilty there, someone will get hurt, even if you aren't shooting it at someone, the possibility alone will keep you from legally using it on the field.

Most fields only allow nerf rockets to be used in those types of launchers.

Just something to think about.

KingTutt
12-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Their fps is one. you get one shot and that is it. They do have a set that will shoot .68 cal balls. You have to get a charger (co2) and that charges the gernade and you get a seperate trigger for the launcher.

Hossy
12-10-2007, 07:11 PM
God made hands for a reason......

I think it would be mad heavy for what you want

DFSniper
12-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Their fps is one. you get one shot and that is it. They do have a set that will shoot .68 cal balls. You have to get a charger (co2) and that charges the gernade and you get a seperate trigger for the launcher.
youre thinking bps.

slim and shady
12-10-2007, 07:43 PM
I don't think you can use launchers to shoot surgical grenades. Most fields would never allow you to do that. think of the mass of those things, and picture getting hit by one propelled by a launcher. Major insurance liabilty there, someone will get hurt, even if you aren't shooting it at someone, the possibility alone will keep you from legally using it on the field.

Most fields only allow nerf rockets to be used in those types of launchers.

Just something to think about.

I am looking into the Scepter series (I cant remember if its Scepter 4000 or 5000) But anyway there is no safty liability what so ever you can launch sergical tubes out of them at point blank range without fear of injury. even a shoot point blank at the head wont yeild injury or dislodge the mask. they are supposed to shoot surgical tube grenades 100 feet. That is quite a feet to me, its a long way. Im not concerned about weight at all that has never bothered me.
I was hoping someone may have some familiarity with the launcher.

There is more to a grenade launcher then just shooting the grenade. There is a fear factor, as well as the ahhhhh factor. Basicaly for my secondary position as heavy rifelmen im looking for more milsim. I think a great way to add to that is with a launcher. I play scenario so weight size ect isnt an issue to me at all.

ViperX
12-10-2007, 09:27 PM
A couple of ounces of paint fill in a tight surgical tube is not going to "dislodge" a mask and not hurt at close range??? Either you have never used those products or ....I'll keep it nice Slim.....

You're going to end up hurting someone....period.

I say this with experince, having built my own launcher and launched paintballs, superglued together, 15 at a time in a stack...launched at 80psi, and just barely 200FPS, far less than anyone ever plays with their markers, and it blasted right through a piece of plywood.

Basics physics, more mass, more energy to be ab***ed by whatever it hits, regardless if it's in a bouncy rubber tube, which by the way don't always break.

KingTutt
12-11-2007, 06:58 AM
Here is some footage of the RAP4 style. They are more like a scatter gun than an actual gernade.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElGYG3B2jYI

slim and shady
12-11-2007, 04:58 PM
A couple of ounces of paint fill in a tight surgical tube is not going to "dislodge" a mask and not hurt at close range??? Either you have never used those products or ....I'll keep it nice Slim.....

You're going to end up hurting someone....period.

I say this with experince, having built my own launcher and launched paintballs, superglued together, 15 at a time in a stack...launched at 80psi, and just barely 200FPS, far less than anyone ever plays with their markers, and it blasted right through a piece of plywood.

Basics physics, more mass, more energy to be ab***ed by whatever it hits, regardless if it's in a bouncy rubber tube, which by the way don't always break.

I havnt tested the product myself, or even seen it anywere but on screan. Where I get that from is PB reveiw...... Ill keep this nice Viper.....Its a reveiw from the company not some guy who used it, or shot a peice of plywood :)
It wont hurt anyone, im not out to hurt people just have fun.
Look for yourself

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/3172/

I dont think it would hurt anyone in anyway or they wouldnt make them. But this got away from what I was asking. By the way what home made launcher did you make? throw up a pic if you still have it and more info on it.

I was looking more to get one that could loob the sergical tube grenades from a distance into a bunker building ect. I dont know how effective a scater shotgun style launcher would be. I dunno all you sould do is take a diredt shot right? if I have the direct shot why not just pull the trigger rather then a grenade? I guess if you wanted to seriosly overkill someone! I dunno I would like to see range and what not on them launchers to. How big the spray is, but you need a grenade charger to then and have to carry the bulky shells. My vest has 7 slots for sergical tub grenades so it wouldnt be inconvenient to carry those.

ViperX
12-11-2007, 06:01 PM
I'll admit, after reading some of the specs and reviews, it doesn't sound half bad. Given you buy the scepter grenades, they sound like they are professionally made and will pop off when they hit a target.

My experience with surgical tube grenades aren't all that hot. I purchased some through ebay once, about a dozen of them. I would say only 2 broke when they hit their target. The rest we threw at trees, rocks, buildings and they just bounced off, multiple times. I wouldn't want to get hit by one of those. So I guess the safety aspect of it is relative to who is using it and what they are using IN it.

Sounds like Scepter has made a good product, but as with everything, it's only as safe as the end user. I would think twice before trying out any nades, other than what scepter provides for it. May be asking for trouble, especially for all of you out there that home-brew your own stuff....

There are other launchers, don't fit onto a marker, but they shoot nerf rounds, which are widely accepted as a kill against a tank, building, bunker etc.

Here's that launcher I have.... Know anyone interested in it? I don't use it anymore.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=13269&referrerid=1946

DFSniper
12-11-2007, 06:08 PM
My experience with surgical tube grenades aren't all that hot. I purchased some through ebay once, about a dozen of them. I would say only 2 broke when they hit their target. The rest we threw at trees, rocks, buildings and they just bounced off, multiple times. I wouldn't want to get hit by one of those. So I guess the safety aspect of it is relative to who is using it and what they are using IN it.

sounds like my experience with tippmann grenades...

and after watching that video, i guess those grenades are more like shotguns than real grenades.

i would think nerf rounds would be the best bet, but the scepter kit looks pretty good too!

slim and shady
12-11-2007, 06:14 PM
I'll admit, after reading some of the specs and reviews, it doesn't sound half bad. Given you buy the scepter grenades, they sound like they are professionally made and will pop off when they hit a target.

Sounds like Scepter has made a good product, but as with everything, it's only as safe as the end user. I would think twice before trying out any nades, other than what scepter provides for it. May be asking for trouble, especially for all of you out there that home-brew your own stuff....

There are other launchers, don't fit onto a marker, but they shoot nerf rounds, which are widely accepted as a kill against a tank, building, bunker etc.

Here's that launcher I have.... Know anyone interested in it? I don't use it anymore.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=13269&referrerid=1946

I do make my own grenades, but not ones to shoot out of a launcher, Just throw and they do go off everytime. But like I said I wouldnt shoot them out of a launcher i agree that scepter will be using special materials to guarantee personal safty to others.

What do you want for the launcher? and how much would you want to ship it to canada? I know several people who may be interested if you wanna throw a price out there.

slim and shady
12-11-2007, 06:20 PM
sounds like my experience with tippmann grenades...

and after watching that video, i guess those grenades are more like shotguns than real grenades.

i would think nerf rounds would be the best bet, but the scepter kit looks pretty good too!

They are lots like shotguns but they still look good. i just want something that is more practical to me. With the scepter model i have the oprotunity to take out tanks (With the old grapshot, 3 paintballs break rule) or i have the oprtunity to take out alot of targets from a distance even if they are behind cover. Personaly I cant see why you couldnt shoot a nerf rocket out of it to. I mean if you can shoot a 2 oz grenade a roacket would be alright to I would emagin. But I guess a guy would just have to email scepter and see.