PDA

View Full Version : what is Anti Siphon

kramernator
12-09-2007, 01:14 PM
all i want to know is what the purpose of an Anti Siphon tank is, does it work better that normal co2 in winter? why is Anti Siphon needed for markers like the ion?
thanks!

DFSniper
12-09-2007, 01:23 PM
basically, in your tank you have liquid and gaseous co2. the gas is what powers the gun, and the liquid is overly-compressed co2. when you screw your tank in, the gas rises to the top. an anti-siphon tube goes from the tank valve up to the gaseous area and keeps the liquid gunk from getting into your gun. if you put co2 in a high end marker, which use air-powered solenoids (i think) the gunk from the liquid co2 will destroy your internals.

Kenny_McCormic
12-09-2007, 02:31 PM
basically, in your tank you have liquid and gaseous co2. the gas is what powers the gun, and the liquid is overly-compressed co2. when you screw your tank in, the gas rises to the top. an anti-siphon tube goes from the tank valve up to the gaseous area and keeps the liquid gunk from getting into your gun. Yep that true

if you put co2 in a high end marker, which use air-powered solenoids (i think) the gunk from the liquid co2 will destroy your internals. They wont necessarily gunk up but they will eventually get liquid co2 in them and when that liquid co2 that was at 100 psi starts expanding it can go well over 800 destroying the noid.
My answers in bold.

mr1 sniper
12-09-2007, 03:21 PM
also even on a spyder if too much liquid co2 gets in your gun it will freeze up your internals and o rings at a faster speed

DFSniper
12-09-2007, 03:25 PM
hehehe, my torp freezes over if i put it on full auto or constantly walk it. i forgot about that.

Kenny_McCormic
12-09-2007, 04:42 PM
I have yet to get one of my guns so cold they stopped shooting, yes i get dropoff in the 200s after 30 seconds of constant firing but its never "froze up"