PDA

View Full Version : Kid's these days

HelpDeskHustler
12-09-2007, 11:11 AM
So I was doing my normal stumbling, when I came across possibly the dumbest account of children's behavior in a news article.

http://www.curse.com/articles/details/4193/

now let me pull a quote out here:
---------------------
The moose head butted him in the back, but the impact was absorbed by his backpack. When he fell to the ground he did a trick he usually does on "World of Warcraft."

- "When you get to level 30 you learn the skill "Feign Death", so that is what I did, and after a little while the moose walked away" says Hans to the newspaper.
----------------------

Analysis:
This kid really has problems, I mean, he decided it was a good idea to try a trick from an online game, in real life, against an enraged 800 pound animal.
Sure, it worked... but I'd say he's lucky that the "move" translates to real life.
If you tried to explain this to your mom from the hospital, I wouldn't blame here for hitting you.

Jokes:
Ok, so since he's ok, and clearly an idiot... I think it's appropriate that we fit some puns in here.

Fake News:
-When pressed further on the issue the boy said that he would have used the move "climb tree" but his spirit was too low at the time.

-In a follow up report, the boy has said that he has joined a new clan IRL, which does not consist of "scared little girls"

-When asked if he would ever go into those woods again, the boy said that he planned to level up some more, then run the instance again until he got the loot, even if it meant he'd have to regen for a long time.

-The boy has recently added that his enchanted backpack is for sale on ebay, and that it has +9 against beasts up to level 30.

:dodgy:

paintballkid0206
12-09-2007, 11:20 AM
wow... this is one of the weirdest stories i've ever heard

DFSniper
12-09-2007, 11:27 AM
:roflmao: wow! i know kids have wild imaginations, but playing WoW IRL against wild animals is worse than 40 year-olds playing DnD every night after work...

battlechaser
12-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Kid's lucky he's not dead..

It's kind of funny... mostly that people simply don't understand how large these creatures really are... I chased a pair off the road with my car once (fiance had never seen one before), they easily stood 3 times the height of my Sunbird.. :)

And yes, I know I'm a bastard.

Critical
12-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Funny, when I was in scouts they were fairly specific when we took trips through Maine or Yellowstone Park that running was a very bad idea, and that, if we couldn't make it to safety, to play dead. I think that, without having the whole story in detail, we can't be too critical of the kid.

DFSniper
12-09-2007, 03:12 PM
no, he did the right thing (unless he were to go up against a bear...) but the irony is that its one of those "everything i know i learned from video games" things.

mr1 sniper
12-09-2007, 03:27 PM
what the heck is feign of death, as you can tell i don't play WoW:dodgy:

DFSniper
12-09-2007, 03:38 PM
pretty much playing dead and they cant attack you until you get back up.

Paintballadict18
12-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Feign death? lol why didnt he cast a fire spell?:dodgy:

cyberthrasher_706
12-09-2007, 05:40 PM
The funny thing is that this kid had to learn to play dead from a video game, and then didn't even know that's what it was.

DFSniper
12-09-2007, 06:56 PM
i was mulling this over after dinner, and most likely it was just some reflex, and later on he paired it up with 'hey, thats just like on WoW!'

HelpDeskHustler
12-09-2007, 07:41 PM
i was mulling this over after dinner, and most likely it was just some reflex, and later on he paired it up with 'hey, thats just like on WoW!'
If it were me, I would have said something that made the reporter just look at me like "wtf"

I was thinking about it and I think I would have said something like this:

"Well, it was like this, I went to go to the woods instance and when I saw the moose I tried to aggro to get the attention off of my priest who is a little girl and ran off, but I accidentally Leroy Jenkins'd and it totally came after me. Since i tried to aggo my spirit was pretty low and I couldn't use sprint, but luckily I hotkeyed feign death so I used that until my aggroing wore off. I mean, i really have to give it up to my backpack, since I upgraded it's really been helping keep the damage down, but really most of my motivation came from the fact that my priest ran and I knew it would take forever for me to regen without her so I just had to pull through"

paintballkid0206
12-10-2007, 05:40 AM
If it were me, I would have said something that made the reporter just look at me like "wtf"

I was thinking about it and I think I would have said something like this:

"Well, it was like this, I went to go to the woods instance and when I saw the moose I tried to aggro to get the attention off of my priest who is a little girl and ran off, but I accidentally Leroy Jenkins'd and it totally came after me. Since i tried to aggo my spirit was pretty low and I couldn't use sprint, but luckily I hotkeyed feign death so I used that until my aggroing wore off. I mean, i really have to give it up to my backpack, since I upgraded it's really been helping keep the damage down, but really most of my motivation came from the fact that my priest ran and I knew it would take forever for me to regen without her so I just had to pull through"

wow... that is confusing. The reporter should be glad that it wasnt you. lol

DFSniper
12-10-2007, 08:44 AM
lol, here's a reenactment:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/lolcat/puppy-aggro.jpg

WhatThaSmurf
12-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Forget WoW, I would have gone Street Fighter on that moose:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d45/WhatThaSmurf/ROFLCats/shoryuken.jpg