12-07-2007, 08:19 PM
They couldn't pay me enough :(

xsvly-fat
12-07-2007, 08:32 PM
VS2>Ion
that simple

Kenny_McCormic
12-08-2007, 07:12 AM
I will take a gun that was made by Taiwanese children (spyder) over anything that comes from that evil company. Buying an ION is like actually buying a copy of windows, its just plain wrong. Come to think about it, SP and MS have alot in common.

STRIKEFIRST
12-08-2007, 11:36 AM
I will take a gun that was made by Taiwanese children (spyder) over anything that comes from that evil company. Buying an ION is like actually buying a copy of windows, its just plain wrong. Come to think about it, SP and MS have alot in common.

Stolen Designs and shady business practices?

Kenny_McCormic
12-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Yea pretty much.They both try to monopolize and corner them market and are doing so successfully. Their products arent that good without a lot of tweaking and don't come with things that should come stock (MS office and the ION QEV). No new designs or concepts just the same stuff every year, they are only in it for the money. They are also both owned by people named Bill.

vikingshadow
12-08-2007, 11:58 AM
You guys realize the lower price is probably a result of SP's removing the middle man in their sales, allowing resalers to sell at lower prices?

Seriously, SP isn't the devil, it isn't evil and isn't shady for the most part. It's an old argument and, no, I'm not a fan boy. As most of you know, I'm not loyal to any one company. The fact is, they are the reason we have low price, higher end markers at the moment. They've reshaped paintball and most of it for the good. They are also a company doing what companies do. So, they should be different because they're a paintball company? If you think paintball companies are in it for the "good of the sport" think again. They are ONLY doing what they do JUST to make money. Otherwise, why bother?

By the way, before you get into the "law suit" issues, you have to know that Dye, WGP and others have ALL filed lawsuits against other paintball companies and won. WGP actually put several small companies out of business (Dragun, for one - and I believe Psychoballistics, but I may be wrong on that one.) As far as their products not being any good, I haven't had any issues with any SP products, no more than the products I have from WDP, WGP, Dye, Proto and Kingman.

timbertiger20
12-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Actually most of my complaints are of the brothers that own the company and their dishonesty on the field.........but off as well. I really disliked having Adam Gardner get shot in the mask and run 80 feet to bunker the 14 year old that shot him and then turn to the ref and go...."looks like we got shot each other out ref".........and yes there are many very trustworthy people all watching!..........SP guns........they're alright.......the gardner brothers.......well they need to stop playing if they no longer can appreciate the sport itself!

IRStookmySpyder
12-09-2007, 06:53 AM
Well this screws me over, because building Ions and selling them for more is how I make most of my money. I honestly hope they raise the price back up again after the new year.

HelpDeskHustler
12-09-2007, 07:49 AM
I agree with vike, but I'm extremely disappointed now that both my ion and my pmr have a 25% Original value resale price

newkid
12-09-2007, 08:18 AM
wow HDH that is really bad luck

HelpDeskHustler
12-09-2007, 09:11 AM
You could do a service by buying one for 26% original value :dodgy:

Hossy
12-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Well this screws me over, because building Ions and selling them for more is how I make most of my money. I honestly hope they raise the price back up again after the new year.

You MADE money doing that?
thats almost an oxymoron

DFSniper
12-09-2007, 10:23 AM
lol. theres a nice semi-upped ion at the pawn shop for $130. i was going to sell/part it out on here, but now it looks like thats almost pointless.

chnk
12-09-2007, 03:18 PM
well wit thse low prices other companies are going have to step their game up, which is a positive out of this

Spyder_Tech22
12-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Lol I love how everybody acts about SP, If you had the opertunity to make more money why wouldnt you? I bet if any one of you had the opertunity to make millions more per year you would

Oscum Guy
12-10-2007, 06:26 PM
windows>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mac

ion>spyder

anything electropneumatis i would take over a sear tripper

Tito=PBL
12-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Whats wrong with sear tripper?

timbertiger20
12-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Lol I love how everybody acts about SP, If you had the opertunity to make more money why wouldnt you? I bet if any one of you had the opertunity to make millions more per year you would

Guess that depends.......If I gave you a million dollars to go kill large numbers of innocent people.......would you do it.......wanting to make lots of money and throwing away your morals and values are two different things!

bigred76
12-11-2007, 01:12 AM
Whats wrong with sear tripper?
Simple, it wont EVER be as consistent as a marker that is operated by air. :rolleyes:

Ace24
12-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Hey... I'm going to trade my snowboard for one with ups as a backup/friend gun hahha.

kramernator
12-12-2007, 07:25 AM
i know and now the epiphany is at $200. a couple months ago it was at $400

Ace24
12-12-2007, 09:35 AM
i know and now the epiphany is at $200. a couple months ago it was at $400
They should have been $250 starting off. They are nothing more then a metal bodied ION. Whoopie doo, they have a Freak JR.