PDA

View Full Version : decisions

tater_salad
12-07-2007, 01:25 PM
I was going to get a SLG but now that Rails are $250 too i'm not so sure on which one to get so help would be nice:). Oh and by the way I have shot both of them and really didn't know which one felt better they were pretty equal IMO.

The Pumper
12-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Well depends on what operation marker you like better.

SupaSnipa
12-07-2007, 01:55 PM
I would go with the PMR, there are more upgrades for them. You can replace the polymer parts for them. As far as I know there are no upgrades for the SLG yet, besides the universalstuff like the ASA.

Sandman_Bravo
12-07-2007, 04:05 PM
There weren't any upgrades for the Rail when it first came out either. They will be along soon enough I believe. I voted SLG. I like the new firing mechanism and besides, everybody and their brother has a rail (they're like Ions in population numbers) so be the first one in your area to rock the SLG. Who knows, maybe the upgrades will make it better than the Rail in performance AND looks?!

xsvly-fat
12-07-2007, 05:16 PM
pmr>slg

in my opinion the slgs are more like ions and the and the rail is more of a higher end gun

newkid
12-07-2007, 05:23 PM
pmr+ul frame=$325 (new)

The Pumper
12-07-2007, 05:43 PM
pmr>slg

in my opinion the slgs are more like ions and the and the rail is more of a higher end guntechnically speaking, SLG is more like a spyder while the rail is more high end.

Hob Hayward
12-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Meh, they're both spoolies...

The only difference is actuation of the bolt. I would say -theoretically- the pmr *should* perform slightly better, as dwell is more controlled, kindof like a timmy compared to a spyder... (though, I would think, not as big of a difference).

bigred76
12-08-2007, 01:41 AM
What're your prattling on about Hob? :confused: It's more like a Cyborg to a Timmy. ;)

I would get the PMR SE. It's $25 more than the regular PMR new, and comes with all the metal upgrades except the UL frame. Personally, the stock frame and board are fine. The frame is comfortable and the board has everything you'd need, AND is actually lighter than the UL frame. Why spend money to fix something that doesn't need fixing? :)

Hob Hayward
12-08-2007, 07:42 AM
The SLG return the bolt by air pressure (not from a noid) - the similar ish to how a spyder works...

Though, TBH, the SLG is a direct copy of the Tiberius pistol, minus the spring in front...