PDA

View Full Version : the trigger keeps blinking

chulito1992
12-06-2007, 05:17 PM
well my brother left the trigger on and when i changed the recharchable battery for a duracell the light keeps blinking on and off it still shots, but is that a problem? thanx

Critical
12-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Spyders work best with the 9.6v rechargeable battery. The gun is reading the 9v battery and thinks that it is "low battery", since it's missing .6v.

Put the rechargeable battery back in, charge it up, and the problem will go away.

oldironmudder
12-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Take the battery out. Make sure the frame is turned OFF. Go grab a drink. Install a new battery. Normal 9v will work for testing. Turn frame on. Sip on your drink. Reply to this thread & tell us what happened.

pb34
12-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Take the battery out. Make sure the frame is turned OFF. Go grab a drink. Install a new battery. Normal 9v will work for testing. Turn frame on. Sip on your drink. Reply to this thread & tell us what happened.

That's not necessarily true. The stock board on my Pilot would work fine for a few hundred shots on a 9v. battery but the stock board in the MR2 doesn't. It barely shot 10 or 15 before it didn't have enough power to trip the sear. I'm going to agree with Critical on this, just throw the 9.6v battery back in and charge it up.

oldironmudder
12-07-2007, 03:36 AM
That's not necessarily true. The stock board on my Pilot would work fine for a few hundred shots on a 9v. battery but the stock board in the MR2 doesn't. It barely shot 10 or 15 before it didn't have enough power to trip the sear. I'm going to agree with Critical on this, just throw the 9.6v battery back in and charge it up.

Really??? My wifes pilot has shot close to a case if not more on the same duracell 9v. These new boards are crazy. About the only problem with her marker, if you wanna call it a problem, is the battery light comes on after bout 100 shots on the fresh 9v & stays on.

I guess kingman tweaked something in the board to mach that extra power needed so they could sell more 9.6v rechargeables.

pb34
12-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Yeah I was really surprised because like your wife's Pilot mine can go for a good while on the regular 9v. The MR2 doesn't seem to like them as much though.

oldironmudder
12-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Its odd & good thinking if you ask me. Like my old ESP frames, I used a 9.6v for maybe a case then nothing but duracells for the 4 years I used the frames.

chulito1992
12-07-2007, 04:24 PM
i used the normal 9v and my friend told me that thats the board that makes the light blink so it wont waste energy,so im gonna play tomorow so we"ll see how it does (im only taking 1000 balls so we"ll see) also i shot like 150 times today and it worked great so maybe hes right:)

chulito1992
12-08-2007, 01:10 PM
i was wrong i turned it on and it was only shoting in semi so i had to change the battery,so i think ill use my ion as a main weapon ,because it also chopped like heck so dont use a 9v battery:mad:

pb34
12-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Honestly, I hate how people have problems then switch markers. If you own the marker and have a problem...fix it! Especially either or the two you mention. If it's not switching out of semi then you're probably missing the tournament jumper. All you need to do is go to radioshack and buy a pack of computer jumpers (99 cents) and throw one of them on there. Also, using a regular 9v. could also be preventing you from switching modes. Just use the reccomended 9.6v! Chopping is another problem that is easily solved. Break in your ACS bolt. There are threads all over this forum about breaking it in.

chulito1992
12-08-2007, 03:28 PM
but the problem is alredy broke it and it still chop,also i have a vlocity hopper so that should help but it doesnt,also i have the bob long detent and it still chops

Critical
12-08-2007, 04:25 PM
So, you replaced the detents with stiifer ones, and added the vlocity? It's possible that the vlocity is overfeeding the marker. try reducing the pressure. also, how did you break in the bolt? oldsironmudder had a great write-up, but the old fashioned watching tv while compressing the spring with your thumb method works too. what method did you use? were you compressing the spring all the way? With a broken-in acs bolt, a good hopper, good detents and a matched barrel, you shouldn't be having any problems...which makes me think, what paint are you using? is it large bore paint? Your breaks may be barrel breaks.

SpyderMan723
12-08-2007, 06:57 PM
which makes me think, what paint are you using? is it large bore paint? Your breaks may be barrel breaks.

He might be using cheepy paint.
Never thought of that:p

chulito1992
12-09-2007, 03:35 AM
no dudes im using zap and impact and the barrel is fine because i check the barrell and paint size and its perfect,also i did the thumb thing all the way in for like half an hour(not kidding ) and thats whats bothering mewhy does it break balls if it has all of that done to it:confused:

SpyderMan723
12-09-2007, 07:05 AM
no dudes im using zap and impact and the barrel is fine because i check the barrell and paint size and its perfect,also i did the thumb thing all the way in for like half an hour(not kidding ) and thats whats bothering mewhy does it break balls if it has all of that done to it:confused:

Maybe its your velocity?

pb34
12-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Do you mean you just held it down for half an hour? If so, that isn't enough time. The best way is to continually compress and decompress it. Usually that will take more than half an hour as well.

slim and shady
12-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Do you mean you just held it down for half an hour? If so, that isn't enough time. The best way is to continually compress and decompress it. Usually that will take more than half an hour as well.

I agree it takes a long time to break in the bolt. I shoot probably close to 7000 balls through mine compressed the spring and left it for 48 hours and on top of it ended up having to compress and decompress it for a few hours. (I didnt do it all at the same tiem) so it does take a little time and patience.