PDA

View Full Version : Vs3 160 Psi!!

airicd22
12-06-2007, 03:53 PM
I bought the shockteck spring kit the other day. They didn't fit they were about one inch too long so I clipped the 2 softer springs down to the right length put everything together. I started at 200 PSI and kept going down until 160 it stopped working at 150 PSI. The only thing that I noticed was a problem, at 160 the speed seemed to be slower but at 180 - 200 the speed wasn't effected to much. this was my first test of this so I will test it more. the range seemed to be about 5 feet shorter at 160 PSI. But again I havent tested it more than about ten minutes. ( I have a final exam tonight)

swoosh81
12-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Check it at the chrono and let us know.

airicd22
12-06-2007, 04:45 PM
I'll chrono it probably on the 22nd. what I meant when I said "at 160 the speed seemed to be slower" It seemed that the bolt didnt recock fast enough. One more side note, my velocity adjustment was turned all the way down. For the next spring (I started with the softest) it didnt work @ 160 PSI, it worked down to about 170.

airicd22
12-22-2007, 05:41 PM
The softest spring on 180 PSI could only get up to a velocity 220 I need to bring the harder spring next time I go and see what the highest velocity I can get with those.

DFSniper
12-22-2007, 07:51 PM
i think im in the same situation. my spyder is recocking at 250psi (stock valve & modded pin, polished internals) and my velocity is LOW! (i mean, it hits the ground at about 30 yards) i'll probably have to use the hardest spring to crank up the velocity enough. if that doesnt work, im gonna make a ghetto shim kit to increase the velocity even more.

oldironmudder
12-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Are yall doing anything with valve springs? Last time I redid my TL+ the valve spring played a big role in the lowest recoking pressure & optium(sp?) pressure for good ball speed & distance.

DFSniper
12-22-2007, 08:08 PM
i have the maddmam kit, and i dont think that there are any valve springs that fit the VS valve yet. i was actually going to ask this: how does increasing dwell time affect the gun? by using a lighter valve spring, it will stay open longer, allowing more air to flow in, right? but what positive and negative effects does it have on the guns performance?

oldironmudder
12-22-2007, 08:25 PM
A lightervalve spring is easier to open than a harder one so the main spring/striker doesnt have to work as hard. So that extra force used to open the valve is used to hold the valve open a few MS longer.

Also, Ive heard that the valve springs are the same & I wanna say the Kingman tech also said they were the same.

DFSniper
12-23-2007, 09:32 AM
when in doubt, look it up!

for the '07s the number is SPR0006 and the VS is SPR0002. for the Pilot ACS and older, its 10A. but they look to be about the same. im going to check otters teardown review of the VS and see if i can find anything

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/vs-review.html
about 3/4 the way down.

the maddman spring should work then.

oldironmudder
12-23-2007, 01:31 PM
The last time I looked at Otter's review the spring looked the same & I wanna say he held it up against an older spring but I dont remember & to lazy to open it again :p

DFSniper
12-23-2007, 01:40 PM
yeah, its the same size, just thinner and more winds. it actually bears a striking resemblance to the maddman spring, but in black.