PDA

View Full Version : information for shopper

12-05-2007, 10:40 PM
well I work at a sports authority and I run the teamsports and the action sports dept
well unlike the other employees I don't pressure customers into buying the most expensive markers
^
I have gotten fed up with the other employees doing just that since I'm the only one that actually plays and I have cought them giving customers bs which I promptly point out costing them a sale but I'd rather have shopper make an informed decision instead of just believing what my coworkers tell them.

I want to make a pamphlet to give them all the info they need so I don't have yell at the other employees
so if you guys could give me some info I would be super grateful

bamf-hacker
12-06-2007, 05:08 AM
Start with the basics.

Most people going to a mass retailer to get PB equipment are going be either new to the sport or shopping for someone else.

So they will probably not now the fundamentals and what is needed to play.

Put in things like:
The importance of goggles.
How to use the BBD and when to have it on the marker.
How to chrono a marker to make it safe.
How to store paint.
How to do basic maintenance on the markers you sell there.
What not to use to oil your marker.
Air tank safety.

Stuff like that.

Critical
12-06-2007, 07:17 AM
- A dictionary of basic terminology.
- Put in similar language to whatever your local field says for their safety meeting, chances are that the new players will be local, so the more times they hear the same safety info the better.

You may also want to check with your management/supervisor, most big chain retailers are fairly strict about planograms, especially when it comes to written material. Be prepared to submit drafts of any pamphlets to your legal group and possibly also the merchandising/marketing groups.

Murakamikazi
12-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Put in something along the lines of "How to know the right marker for you"

Put in like what type of Paintball they play, what environment they play in, the price range and the ability to customize.

Also include safety tips, paint chosing and storing tips and gun maintenance tips.