PDA

View Full Version : Getting there

TommyRuss
12-04-2007, 08:41 PM
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/1599/img0489lv9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
By tommyruss (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/tommyruss)

* BT Apex Barrel
* Crossfire 70/4500 HPA tank
* Empire Bottle Glove tank cover
* Halo B w/ rip & V35
* Chipley Custom Machine rightfeed adapter
* Chipley Custom Machine NoRise feedneck

TommyRuss
12-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Next upgrade is a direct Palmer Stabilizer. Three questions...will I need a metric vertical adapter? Can I (eventually) run a remote to the direct Palmer? If so, how?

SpyderMan723
12-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Next upgrade is a direct Palmer Stabilizer. Three questions...will I need a metric vertical adapter? Can I (eventually) run a remote to the direct Palmer? If so, how?

Can I ask, why did you buy a halo b w/v35 if the mr1 can only shoot like 10 bps tops?
(or less, idk how fast it can go)

xsvly-fat
12-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Can I ask, why did you buy a halo b w/v35 if the mr1 can only shoot like 10 bps tops?

lol i was wondering the same thing

newkid
12-05-2007, 07:12 PM
get an e-frame!

DRAGON
12-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Nice job on the MR1 thus far. Looks like a nice compact package. Far as the HALO goes, don't think I've seen such low prices in them as I have recently. If he puts an e-frame on it, the HALO will come in handy. If he ever upgrades to a much faster marker there'll be no need to search out a faster hopper. That tank was a good choice as well for any future marker upgrades. Looks as though you appreciate quality products - :thumbup:

DFSniper
12-05-2007, 08:19 PM

1) not sure. you may be able to put a 1/8NPT vertical adapter on it. i think thats what they did to the AMGs.

2) yes. instead of screwing in a hose fitting, you put the quick disconnect connector on instead.

TommyRuss
12-06-2007, 12:31 PM

Halo was a birthday present, obviously it's overkill (and that's an understatement)...but I usually buy upgrades with future guns in mind (i.e. the Crossfire tank)

SpyderMan723
12-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Halo was a birthday present, obviously it's overkill (and that's an understatement)...but I usually buy upgrades with future guns in mind (i.e. the Crossfire tank)

Oh haha, I guess thats not bad then.

Great gift

DFSniper
12-06-2007, 05:02 PM
i just thought of this, if youre using HPA, dont get a stabilizer, get a CP or 2Liter+ instead.

oldironmudder
12-06-2007, 05:24 PM
If you do go with a palmer, I would get a female style if you like the foregrip. If you dont get you a male 1/8npt to female ASA & put that where the hose goes into the body & run a male stab or other 'normal' style reg.

TommyRuss
12-07-2007, 11:10 AM
If you do go with a palmer, I would get a female style if you like the foregrip. If you dont get you a male 1/8npt to female ASA & put that where the hose goes into the body & run a male stab or other 'normal' style reg.

Palmers sells a direct stabilizer for guns without an ASA. It has a male 1/8 NPT output, and looks like it should work as a vertical foregrip on the MR1.

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28&products_id=152

Can someone take a look and confirm this?

DFSniper
12-07-2007, 01:10 PM
im not sure whats under the mr1's foregrip, but if its standard threading, that stabilizer should work fine.

oldironmudder
12-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Tom, do you have anything like a gauge or fitting that is 1/8-27 NPT? If so take your forgrip off & try to thread it into where the hose goes into the body. Do this ever so gently cause if its a metric threaded hole, which it more than likely is you could mess them up.

If it turns out to be metric threaded a male metric to female 1/8npt adapter will allow you to use the direct Palmer. But since your that far you might as well get a 1/8 to asa adapter & use a male reg so incase you get another marker the reg swap will be easier.

TommyRuss
12-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Kingman tech support says the input is 1/8-27 NPT standard...

I ordered the Stabilizer Direct, will post results when it arrives. Thanks for everybody's help.

LostCause
12-08-2007, 12:42 PM
you can also use the 2liter if your tank is anti-siponed....so maybe you would want that route?

oldironmudder
12-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Kingman tech support says the input is 1/8-27 NPT standard...

I ordered the Stabilizer Direct, will post results when it arrives. Thanks for everybody's help.

Ahh WOW Kignman is slowly learning.

TommyRuss
12-13-2007, 01:14 PM
So the Palmer Stabilizer Direct arrived today...

Turns out the hose input inside the foregrip is 1/8 NPT standard, as Kingman tech support said. Stabilizer fits nicely...still need some adjustment with the hose.

Thanks for all the help, pics to come in the appropriate thread.