PDA

View Full Version : Stock reg won't go below 1000psi

darkspidie1984
12-03-2007, 07:26 AM
I have a preset 68/4500psi the has an output of 800psi. My AMG's stock reg gauge reads 1000psi and won't go lower. The reg/asa is the same reg they had on the spyder 2000 and some of the other markers of its time. So its a fairly common kingman part./ I even tried making it go higher just to see if maybe I was screwing the adjustment screw the wrong way but there was no change. As a result of this I cannot get my velocity down below 350 and it guzzles air like no tommorow while sounding like a cannon. I need to figure out a way to fix the reg But I don't know where to start. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jegger24
12-03-2007, 07:34 AM
Have you tried cleaning and lubing the reg by chance?

DRAGON
12-03-2007, 08:38 AM
With marker ungassed, turn the reg set screw to the lowest possible pressure position. Gas it up and the reg should be at the lowest output pressure. Tune up from that point. If that doesn't work try running some oil through the reg ASA to see if it'll dislodge whatever's stuck and repeat the aforementioned. More a common occurance, may just be the gauge is broken. Replace it -

MVS1
12-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Are you positive your tank reg is putting out 800psi, just because it is preset to that amount doesn't guarantee that is the ouput. If it is, then your reg gauge has to be defective, since its impossible for your reg to output a pressure higher than what is being delivered to it. Verify your tank pressure output is truly 800psi, if its right then replace the reg gauge and go from there.

oldironmudder
12-03-2007, 03:43 PM
I would tear down & clean the reg on the marker & take the tank to a shop & test the tank on another marker and/or put a new gauge on it.

darkspidie1984
12-04-2007, 05:35 AM
I would tear down & clean the reg on the marker & take the tank to a shop & test the tank on another marker and/or put a new gauge on it.

The tank works fine on my promaster. and its reads 500psi(after tuning) on my other kingman reg that is the exact same model. I will just switch the reg out on my amg for the one i have that works and ill try working on it later. the kid who owned it before didn't treat the amg right and i have already had to fix and clean alot ie: oil, orings, fix leaks, and remove camo tape form the whole bottom half of the gun.

edit: switched out the regs and now im good. Amg works great I even put my t-board from my other spyder in it. Now imworking on customizing the stock trigger. Ill fix the bad reg later