PDA

View Full Version : What is the bigest inovation in Milsim?

slim and shady
12-02-2007, 06:08 PM
I wanted to make this poll to see what everyone thought was the best invention and idea to make paintball milsim more realistic to actual combat.

newkid
12-02-2007, 06:12 PM
hmm... I dont know paint gernades?

slim and shady
12-02-2007, 06:17 PM
To me I think biggest effect on milsim would have to be full auto. Without it I dont think any military simulated game would be the same. A close runner up to me would have to be landmines because of the fenominal(SP) fear factor they add of being hit when no one is around. Tanks and APC's are up there to I think because of there ability, however with such few actually in play it limits there rating in my opinion. Grenades are always good, but im not sure if there better then full auto. However they are just as effective as any other milsim inventin. Things like grenade launchers pac's and laws to me are neet but not high up there. The apperl and gear all look cool but I think are blown out of the water buy alot of the other inventions.
Just my 2 cents

DFSniper
12-04-2007, 03:12 PM
i voted tanks and apcs. my dad, being an armor officer, could go on for hours about how tanks add a huge psychological effect to the battlefield. plus, they look pretty damn cool!!

LostCause
12-04-2007, 03:15 PM
yeah,,,but the best tank buster (helos and the WARTHOG!)

No offence, if they had helos in milsim games, tanks would be gone in seconds...sad fact

though they dont, and they scare the crap out of inf

bamf-hacker
12-04-2007, 03:51 PM
With Tanks and APC's there is no Milsim :)

Hob Hayward
12-04-2007, 04:37 PM
As in its o longer sim, just the mil :P?

TBH, I've never used any of those. Well, not more than a few times. All I know is that definitely NOT grenade launchers, they suck.

battlechaser
12-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Makes me wonder where this is going to go... dudes in ultralight aircraft dropping paint balloons on people.. ;)

slim and shady
12-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Makes me wonder where this is going to go... dudes in ultralight aircraft dropping paint balloons on people.. ;)

I dont know about ultralight aircraft but i have seen people use RC and played in games with them and it is a blast. However there not something that you could really rely on to drop a paint balloon right where you need it. But its still cool.

DFSniper
12-04-2007, 07:55 PM
gotta mass everyone together first. i always wanted to get some water balloons and fill them with paint mine paint mix...

HelpDeskHustler
12-05-2007, 03:18 AM
With Tanks and APC's there is no Milsim :)
I'd say so too, otherwise it's what? just woodsball or maybe scenario, but I wouldn't go as far as milsim, unless you are talking clip fed rap4.

druid
12-08-2007, 08:23 PM
I voted "Tactical harneses, vests and other milsim apperel"

Simply because the players see this stuff more-so than the rest of it. I know, I know...many have the markers MilSimmed out but of all the scenarios I've been to - the most common thing you encounter is the "soft goods."

Camouflage out the whazzoo, vests, bots, helmets, period-specific soft-goods (German/American uniforms during WW simul-games)...but they will take whatever marker they like the most regardless of what it is.

I can't tell you how may times I've seen "SS" players with Angels or "Airborne" players with E-Autocockers.

Tanks are expensive to build properly and then there's transporting it to/from the games - not to mention many fields require them to be insured...

Mortors/LAWS/Rockets only come into play if there's tanks...

grenades...if you can find some that work...

Full auto...most markers with electro triggers are as-fast or faster than full auto anymore so that point's kind of moot....

kramernator
12-17-2007, 05:03 PM
i don't see what is so cool about grenades
THEY SUCK!!!
the splat pattern is tiny and they cost tons of money

slim and shady
12-21-2007, 11:09 AM
I make my own grenades and they spray 15 feet. The problem that I do find with grenades, landmines (Sometimes even with a paintball) people dont call themselfs out. All it takes is a spec of paint from a grenade or landmine and your supposed to be done. People rarely go buy the rules for these types of milsim devises. IMO anyway.
But I do fully agree grenades are way to much money and alot of the ones you buy have been sitting on the shelf so long the paint is stagnant and this causes the ballbearing to get jammed in the sergical tub instead of being ejected and letting the grenade "blow up" or "go off".