PDA

View Full Version : olympics

marvin-martian
02-11-2006, 11:10 AM
do you like summer or winter olympics more, and why?

i personally like the winter more for the skiing, ludging, snowboarding, and figure skating. the only thing i like to watch in the summer is gymnastics.

covert24
02-11-2006, 11:33 AM
yup Winter FTW. snowbnoarding is aweosme and i used to skateboard so they are kinda alike.

vikingshadow
02-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Man, covert! As an English teacher, your posts are KILLING me!!!

But, I have to agree. Winter olympics for sure. Although, the women's gymastics teams have FINALLY started getting cuter....

By the way, Marvin, I just saw your sig.....EXCELLENT use of alliteration! However, change I to Bob, Barry or Bill and you'll complete it better....LOL!

bigred76
02-11-2006, 12:04 PM

I'm not an English teacher and it's killing me as well. :o

I didn't even notice the Olympics started. haven't turned on the television in months.:confused:

shunut
02-11-2006, 12:31 PM
I'm going to say winter because it just seems more exciting. The skiing, snowboarding, bobsledding, luge, ect... Just seems to be more action in the winter sports.

ttink
02-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Well, i love to run and i am on the swim team, but i also like to ski and all that winter jazz, so i call it a toss up.

Recon by Fire
02-12-2006, 09:11 PM

So when they call you a Spelling Nazi, you can reply: "Yes, a professional one at that!" LOL

I like both seasonal Olympics but I'm partial to the winter games too. A few things have me a bit peeved at the olympics this year though: 1) The US team bumped an athelete who qualigfied for the team for a past athelite who did not compete in qualifications for the team. This got remedied because Kwan dropped out and the other is getiing brought in, but it never should have happened in the first place.; 2) The IOC ousted their VP, an American, and made no qualms that although he was qualified and doing an acceptable job, the EU is firmly in charge of the IOC and they have a lot of anti-American and anti-war sentiments. Is that really where they want to lead the olympics too?; 3) The IOC revamped the scoring methods for the figure skating following the big cheating scandal of the last games. The new method is not only stupid but does not solve a cheating problem at all! The problem was not how the scores are derived but who was doing the cheating (France and Russia - nothing new there! Recall the 70's basketball fiasco?).

It's about to the point that I do not want to watch the games. :mad:

Hoppy11
02-13-2006, 02:15 PM
Winter for sure. Mens Superpipe beats all of the summer events.

vikingshadow
02-13-2006, 02:41 PM
So when they call you a Spelling Nazi, you can reply: "Yes, a professional one at that!" LOL

Yup! And HIGHLY paid at that....:dodgy:

Speaking of the winter olympics (which I voted for) What do you think about Michelle Kwan pulling out of the olympics??? Stage fright, or serious injury??? She had a LOT of attention on her the last couple of weeks...lots of pressure to perform, so to speak.

QAZ123
02-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Summer...
http://i1.tinypic.com/nps0ll.jpg

:cool:
JB.

Team Ramrod
02-13-2006, 03:41 PM
ok, however you got that, it will be creepy.
1. creepy if you searched for that
2. creepy if it was on your computer already.

sorry, just had to...

claustrophobia9
02-13-2006, 03:43 PM

sorry, just had to...
creepy if he took it with his birdlike eyes to spot such a great pic... and that is the sole reason i would vote summer, if id actually prefer to watch something for its competitive nature (psh... right...) then id watch the winter cuz snow = teh uber.

QAZ123
02-13-2006, 04:25 PM

sorry, just had to...
yahoo search "beach volleyball"! But yeah it's one of my favorites in men and women's but women's preferably! Track & field along with cycling are a close second!

JB.

Recon by Fire
02-13-2006, 05:48 PM
In Michelle Kwan's case I think it was a combination of the two, the injury and pressure.