PDA

View Full Version : Looking for MR3 stock connector as bolt protector, or another option

hongkongcavaliers
11-29-2007, 08:55 AM
I just got my new MR-3 and found it was too hard to see the rifle sight with the stock attached.

The connection from the stock to the receiver looks like it is attached to the stock with a m5 x 12 screw, but mine won't budge. I even bent the allen wrench trying to loosen it up.

I was wondering if anyone knew how I could get just the stock connector with o ring so I could lose the stock without getting the bolt chamber dirty.

I've tried doing a web search, ebay, mr series replacement parts, etc., to no avail.

Does anybody know of another spyder part that would work?

ALSO: I'm looking at having a stock custom-made that replaces the dovetail bottom-line ASA and drop forward-- so I'm looking for the ASA-- is it spyder specific? Or can I use another ASA?

ALSO, pt 2: are the M5 x 12 & M4 x 8 screws universal? I've found some on ebay, and wondering if they will work, or are they spyder specific?

Thanks--

hkc

spyderbanger
11-29-2007, 04:55 PM
It should come apart, leaving just the plug. Try using a heat gun to try to loosen the bolt. Are you turning the wrench the right direction?

oldironmudder
11-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Bolts should be cheaper at a local hardware store.

I built a stock at work out of 1" wide & 1/4" thick with like 5 lenght adjustment points & the butt part out of a thin piece of sheet metal or some kind of shield.

hongkongcavaliers
11-30-2007, 06:26 AM
It should come apart, leaving just the plug. Try using a heat gun to try to loosen the bolt. Are you turning the wrench the right direction?

Lefty, Loosey. Righty, Tighty.

I probably should have typed that in my first post...

artillerist90
12-11-2007, 03:10 PM
if bad comes to worse you can carefully drill out the allen screw and yank the plug out of the stock(you won't be able to use the plug as a stock connector afterwards though). Orrrrr you can cut off what part of the plug sticks out of the stock(the part with the o-ring) and use the shortened version as a plug. If you do this second option, you'll still be left with about a 1/4inch of the plug to pull it out of the gun when you want to put something else there.

cyberthrasher_706
12-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Orrrrr you can cut off what part of the plug sticks out of the stock(the part with the o-ring) and use the shortened version as a plug. If you do this second option, you'll still be left with about a 1/4inch of the plug to pull it out of the gun when you want to put something else there.
This is basically what I did, though I bought someone else's original stock so I would have one as a backup. I had cut it off and found that the lock wheel on my JCS was to big, actually goes into the space around the outside of the bolt chamber. So, I had to cut my plug down flush with the gun in order to have everything nice and tight. I thought about just finding a wooden dowel or something but I like the idea of the orings and the screw to hold it in. There's nothing to grab but I can use the bolt to push it out.