PDA

View Full Version : shocker clone

greenapple
02-11-2006, 06:17 AM
Looks to me like a shocker clone, idk if this is old news or not but it's new to me

http://www.800paintball.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/SFV/30363/vpid/2092749

*EM1-Master*
02-11-2006, 06:59 AM
Kicks the Shocker's @**... Pretty old news...

covert24
02-11-2006, 07:06 AM
i dont like the way it looks. IMO the shocker looks alot better. from the picture it looks kinda good. but yes it does kick the shockers arse

Santy
02-11-2006, 07:53 AM
thats not a shocker clone, and it does kick the **** out of the shocker.
got to shoot one, soooo fast and no kick what-so-ever. its kinda like a matrix traped in a shocker body but it doesn't have a spool valve. only the bolt moves in it. i'm not exactly sure how it operates but i know it runs around/under 100psi.

vikingshadow
02-11-2006, 07:53 AM
Sorry, but it doesn't kick the Shocker's backside, IMO. I also don't think it's a clone, although it could look like one.

Maybe out of the box, since most shockers need a new bolt, but operating pressure is HIGHER than the average shocker (by about 34-40 psi), bps is about the same, maybe lower, efficiency (after a bolt kit - I'll give ya that one) is about the same, betcha the kick is harder though. It's not spool valve apparantly, either, although it is EP. It's also MUCH more expensive than a stock body shocker. So, take the cost of a stock body shocker (vision) plus the cost of the bolt kit, say NDZ Stinger, and it's STILL cheaper than the Quest.

To top it off, it's uglier than the shocker, that's for sure!

Benefits of this gun:

Clamping feed neck
movable frame??? We'll see on that one...
Board with modes stock

Not so much a benefit (at least for me):

Cocker threaded barrel - so, I don't have any cocker threaded guns!
23 bps - vision shocker does that
breakbeams - maybe, but how good is it? The logic on aftermarket boards for shockers are better than break beams, making them obsolete, IMO. Also, the Ion has break beams, but not that great. So unless they're specific, the jury's out on that.
Bolt/Pin combo - meh. I never have to strip, clean, and relube my shocker at the field.

Just my .02

Santy
02-11-2006, 07:57 AM
what does a shocker operate at? by your numbers vike its 60psi. and the kick is non existant. and yes i have shot both.

vikingshadow
02-11-2006, 08:01 AM
It OPERATES at 220 psi - it cycles at 85. My shocker operates at 180 psi and cycles much lower....

Btw - saying one gun kicks another's backside is like saying you like apples instead of oranges. I bet for every positive comment on it, you'll find an opposite reaction. Just like any other gun.

Santy
02-11-2006, 08:07 AM
the quest i was looking at last noght had the HP reg at 100, shooting 285fps.

vikingshadow
02-11-2006, 08:19 AM
I was just quoting stats off the site provided.

I didn't say it wasn't any good, just saying I don't think it kicks the shocker's backside, so no flame wars are to start here. It's a discussion on the Quest, which appears from documentation and experience from members to be a really good gun.

bigred76
02-11-2006, 08:58 AM
They're just getting mainstream. For more information on this marker and a place to flame about it, go here. (http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=387) (gotta love dumping stuff on PBN! :D)

ttink
02-11-2006, 09:01 AM
I like it. The rear part of the body looks kinda plain, but the frame looks pretty cool IMO.

covert24
02-11-2006, 09:14 AM
if u go onto that pbn link and then click the quest video thread. that thing has 0 kick. thats actually pretty aweesome. i like it now.

TacTownKilla
02-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Looks like a Angel and Shocker mated...holy ugly gun batman

vikingshadow
02-11-2006, 11:42 AM
snaps fingers

THAT'S what it reminded me of! I couldn't place it for some reason. :cool:

*EM1-Master*
02-11-2006, 01:59 PM
This gun was made by some of the industry's best techs and engineers who broke off from companies... Sorry vike, but it kicks the Shocker's tail... I say that while owning a Shocker that is very similar to yours. Shot both, only marker I'd take over the Quest is a DM6, and that's not even certain... The gun is AWESOME... And vike, Shockers don't have LPRs, so the operating pressure is whatever pressure you're putting into it... That's moot though, as the bolt pressure also depends on the surface area the air's pushing on... Which no manufacturers actually take into consideration... Believe me and anyone else that's shot a Quest, it shoots a lot better than a Shocker... Haha Vike, I don't know why I'm surprised by your unfounded decisions on markers... It happens a fair amount. Haha but I guess I'm surprised by it because I've always thought of you as an openminded person... But you're one tough customer... Lol someone REALLY has to sell the idea of a product to you before you accept it... Which isn't necessarily a bad thing... But yeah... Give it a chance before you say that one is better than the other... That's all I ask :)

Ares
02-11-2006, 03:31 PM
hes been like that after the sonix :p

vikingshadow
02-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Holy crap! Don't know where that came from! I'm as open minded as anyone. It's like you said though. I'm tough to convince on some things. However, I don't know where this "unfounded decisions on markers" thing came from, because I've only stated what I've seen and experienced, up until this post, with other guns....

What other examples of these "unfounded decisions" could you give me, since I'd love to defend myself....

I only really vote for guns and products I've used. I've never used a Quest, so I was going by the stats that were given. It's just an opinion, and when you find an opinion that's worth anything, let me know!

vikingshadow
02-11-2006, 03:34 PM
other than the sonix, and I blame the smog in NW Oklahoma for that one...

*EM1-Master*
02-11-2006, 03:57 PM
:p Like I said, it's more a matter of convincing than close-mindedness... I don't recall exactly when it was, but I remember it kinda throwing me offguard... Haha sometimes skepticism can make you come off as close-minded... But yeah... It wasn't meant to be critical of you... I was simply bringing up the fact that if you compared simply the stats of the Shocker with the stats of the Quest, the Quest would likely win in a landslide, but since you have lots of experience with one of them, your opinion is biased... If you look at your post, you detailed things about the Shocker, but simply listed speculations and "heard through the grapevine" facts about the Quest... All this said, go shoot one and you'll likely change your mind...

vikingshadow
02-11-2006, 04:22 PM
You might be right. I certainly didn't want to say that the Shocker is the BEST gun out there - nor was I saying it's the end-all beat-all gun, although I could see where people might think that. I am partial to it, but that's not what I meant. Having never shot a Quest before, I was just going off the stats that were listed, and comparing them to a Shocker, because that was the gun that was mentioned BEFORE my post.

One might compare it to a Timmy or a DM, but the basic body shape is similar to that of a shocker, so it was the gun of choice, I suppose.

Like I said before, it's probably a great gun! And if I ever get a chance, I'm sure I'll like it. Like you said, I'm tough to sell on something. I'm a firm believer that once you get past a certain price on a gun, they all end up being a lot alike. Heck, I'm still not even convinced with my angel, and I've had it for a couple months now!

But you can be assured, I USUALLY reserve my comments on whether a gun is good or not until I actually play with it. It's just that I went out on a limb this time...won't happen again!

*EM1-Master*
02-11-2006, 04:53 PM
But you can be assured, I USUALLY reserve my comments on whether a gun is good or not until I actually play with it. It's just that I went out on a limb this time...won't happen again!
Better not:mad:
Hehe just messing with you...:)

claustrophobia9
02-11-2006, 06:56 PM
its been bashed on the nation for like a few months, i think its ugly, and no new company will make it in the paintball industry without an afilliation with nps, or an insanely new product (stiffi)

bigred76
02-11-2006, 08:12 PM
its been bashed on the nation for like a few months, i think its ugly, and no new company will make it in the paintball industry without an afilliation with nps, or an insanely new product (stiffi)
They are being distributed by NPS. :)

covert24
02-11-2006, 08:15 PM

lol. wow u just got pwned. but in one of the videos ive seen it wus close up and on full auto. it looked PIMP close up and on full auto it was still Dead Still. No kick once so ever and it was Stock. Nuff Said.

bigred76
02-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Actually, I got the pleasure of shooting one. In one word: OMFGWTFBBQHOWCANANYGUNSHOOTTHISWELLANDBESODAMNSHEC KSHAY. :D

*EM1-Master*
02-12-2006, 05:21 AM
In pictures, the sheer size of the trigger guard makes it look awkward, but in real life, it's a MAJOR pleasure to see and shoot...

Santy
02-12-2006, 06:34 AM
accurate, one handed nxl mode is all i'm gonna say.

TheRedBarron
02-12-2006, 07:40 AM
Meh not a fan.

claustrophobia9
02-12-2006, 02:02 PM
ok well then this is an exception... but they might make it, if they realize alot of the first gun they make is about pwning everything else out there in one specific region. imo they should have started with like barrels or sumthing to get their credibility up, with the intention on making a gun.

gailon24
02-12-2006, 02:10 PM
I've been actually keeping an eye out on these Quests and I was probably hoping to get one as my first high end marker maybe at the end of the season. Wanted to see how they fared in the first year as a company though, and see if any major changes go through. The Quests have really excited me, comparing to other markers I've tried (Ion, angel, timmy, of which i've owned none :()