PDA

View Full Version : Virus Alert

WhatThaSmurf
11-27-2007, 10:14 AM
I just thought I would help everybody here out by posting an e-mail that I just recieved about an apparently unremoveable virus that is very difficult for anti-virus programs to detect because it is in Powerpoint (.ppt) format.

> This information arrived this morning, Direct from both Microsoft and Norton.
>
>
>
> Please send it to everybody you know who has access to the Internet.
>
>
>
> You may receive an apparently harmless e-mail with a Power Point
>
> Presentation ' Life is Beautiful'
>
> If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, and delete it immediately.
>
>
>
> If you open this file, a message will appear on your screen saying:
>
> 'It is too late now; your life is no longer beautiful.'
>
>
>
> Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC, and the person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password.
>
>
>
> This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon.
>
> AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the anti virus software's are not capable of destroying it.
>
>
>
> The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself 'life owner'.
>
>
>
> PLEASE SEND A COPY OF THIS E-MAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS,
>
> And ask them to
>
> PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY!
>
>
>
>
>
> THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY SNOPES

Hoppy11
11-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks.. I should prolly send this to my school's IT Department so we don't have another virus go through campus and wipe out everything for everyone.

Team Ramrod
11-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

but really, now. if people are still opening random attachments they need a lesson on Marv's Intarzwebz

durrell
11-27-2007, 12:29 PM
http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/life.asp

/thread

marvin-martian
11-27-2007, 12:45 PM
THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY SNOPES

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/life.asp

/thread
:dodgy:

calebh
11-27-2007, 02:54 PM
lol i checked before i even kept reading the thread

HelpDeskHustler
11-27-2007, 02:56 PM
I got the same email, you can really tell that people are concerned from the title and how many times it's been forwarded. I know forward has always been Microsoft's way of sending emails and since norton doesn't have pop-ups for its customers or anything, I'm sure they didn't know about it, especially since norton only runs like 1 time a year when you aren't working. Here is an excerpt from some concerned members of society.

Fwd:
>>it wuz me lulz 4real. divide by zero o sh-
>>>send this on, I found it very helpful, even though I have a mac, and have no idea what I'm talking about because viruses
>>>
>>>don't concern me.
>>>>
>>>>guise i no dis iz fwd but it troo, srsly ms tuld me
>>>>
>>>> peace doods
>>>>>wtf u gav me virus from teh lief
>>>>> srsly, u did
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>omg guise hez truth! I haz teh virus. it hertz mi i's wen i luk @ teh skreen. OMG i haz virus achoo!
>>>>>>
>>>>>>o wiat dat wuz peppa

:dodgy:

durrell
11-27-2007, 03:06 PM
I didn't even see the "this has been confirmed by Snopes". ROFFLES.

Hossy
11-27-2007, 03:08 PM
OMG i haz virus achoo!

:lolsign: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

HelpDeskHustler
11-27-2007, 03:08 PM
I didn't even see the "this has been confirmed by Snopes". ROFFLES.
seriously. I have yet to receive an actual chain letter that had any truth to it. when it has ">>" or more it's always a lie. ALWAYS.

WhatThaSmurf
11-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Well, thanks d, but I was just trying to be helpful. Jeez, everytime I try to do something good for people, someone has to rain on my parade.

marvin-martian
11-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Well, thanks d, but I was just trying to be helpful. Jeez, everytime I try to do something good for people, someone has to rain on my parade.
we still love you though.

WhatThaSmurf
11-27-2007, 05:39 PM
I honestly don't know how to react to that.

durrell
11-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Sorry smurf. I just try to quash rumors like that before people start flipping out and sending them to their friends and family.

As marv said, we still love you.

Nenkitsune
12-03-2007, 04:11 AM
i never listen to chain letters. unless i see some sort of warning poping up on news sites, etc, i won't bother