PDA

View Full Version : advice on unsatisfied buyer

chnk
11-26-2007, 08:30 PM
i sold a aci bulldog 68/45k carbonfiber tank a while back on pbnation for $60

i told him it needed hydro,

i send it to him, he receives it and i don;t hear from him for a while,

and today i get a message saying the reg was shot. Before i sent it it too him I was pretty sure the reg would work because i had it rebuilt and it worked for the rest of the season, then i put it down and never used it for this season,

except one time when my friend had my 45/45k, and when i used it it was working great,

now he wants me to buy him a new reg or return his money. I told him the tank was sold as is cause i havent used the tank in a long time, and it has been taking space up under my bed

so what do I do with this guy? I don't really know how to deal with a unsatisfied buyer

timmyshoota
11-26-2007, 08:44 PM
I'd tell him he can send the tank back and you'll refund him, or he's stuck with it. It worked in your possession, so the only thing you can think is that he's done something to it or he's trying to scam you.

chnk
11-26-2007, 08:53 PM
i dont have money to refund him, or send for a new reg,

i sent him a message saying its sold as is, already,

what now do i just ignore him? he might neg rep me, and i only have like 3 feedback and their all positive so if he neg reps me it might hurt me,

also i havent left him feedback either, he's using that saying that i didnt leave feedback because i knew it was broken,

MVS1
11-26-2007, 09:02 PM
How much time went by since he got the tank before he contacted you? If he had to have it hydro'd that means that the reg had to be removed, whose to say that it was not damaged by him or however removed the reg. It's up to you but I'd tell him that the tank was in working order when it was shipped to him. Even if he sends it back to you, it now has a jacked up reg on it so your still taking a loss. Did he leave a feedback when he got it? Did he say what was wrong with it, leaking, slow re-charge rate, etc? He bought a used tank that was at least 3 years old (guessing by the fact that it needed re-hydro) or older, it probably just needs a good cleaning, lube and maybe an o-ring or 2 replaced.
Honestly if it was me and he could prove that he tried remedying the problem before assuming the reg was shot, I'd consider working something out with him, definitely not a full refund of purchase and shipping, but if seemed like he didn't really know what he was talking about then I'd tell him it was his tank know, and if he wants to try and leave a negative feedback or something just respond with the truth.

timmyshoota
11-26-2007, 09:18 PM
i dont have money to refund him, or send for a new reg,

i sent him a message saying its sold as is, already,

what now do i just ignore him? he might neg rep me, and i only have like 3 feedback and their all positive so if he neg reps me it might hurt me,

also i havent left him feedback either, he's using that saying that i didnt leave feedback because i knew it was broken,

Leave him negative feedback.

timbertiger20
11-26-2007, 09:28 PM
How long ago......if it was over 60 days it's his tough luck.......if it was two weeks ago I'd say you should refund the money!

vikingshadow
11-27-2007, 04:49 AM
Like Timmy said, make him send the tank back first, then refund the money when you get it. If it's been messed with, you'll see it and can call him on it, especially if you have pictures of it previously. The way I see it, if you said that it was being sold as is in your sales thread, and that it worked the last time you used it, then you don't owe him anything.

This is the very reason I don't sell things on PBN. Too many idiots trying to "get" the other guy (not on your part - on his...) On paintball forums, it's Buyer Beware at all times. Period. If he leaves you negative feedback, leave it for him.

BTW - it doesn't need a new reg. I have an ACI reg and you can buy a rebuild kit for 12.00 from the company. I bought mine for 45 bucks, then the rebuild kit, so the whole thing cost me 60.00. Shipping cost was bad, but the actual rebuild kit was reasonable.

bamf-hacker
11-27-2007, 05:01 AM
If he will not ship to you first then, NO dice!!!

Also ask him where he had it hydro'd, if he says the reg is NG then i must have been hydro'd.

If it was not then a shop that is less than par filled it and they may have broken the reg.

chnk
11-27-2007, 09:57 AM
its been about 2weeks since he talked to me, so i assumed everything was fine

he said he just got it back from the shop, and they told him the reg won't put out more than 50 psi,

but he said he hasnt gotten the tank tested, since he's asking to pay for that also, and i already refused,

which doesnt sound right to me at all, the only way to test the reg would be to take it off and put it on a new one, or put air in a unsafe tank. which both doesnt sounds right either way

he now sent me another question asking me where hydro was cheap to get done, i sent him a link to the guy on pbnation for $15,

and vikingshadow where do i find a rebuild kit? my feild use to sell it but they stop and switched over to pure energy

vikingshadow
11-27-2007, 10:10 AM
I don't remember the place I got it from (I think it was directly from ACI) but here's one from Banditpaintball (http://www.banditpaintball.com/customer/product.php?productid=646)that I found through Google...

I'll find out where I got mine from and get back with you.

Hoppy11
11-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Sounds kinda what is going on with our boat right now, took it in to get serviced and they always take it from a test drive to run a diagnostic.. aparently the boat ran so bad they could hardly run a good diagnostic and ordered a ton of parts for it w/o our consent. Now the boat ran PERFECT all season..

But anyways like vike said if you said "Sold As Is" in your thread then he is SOL from my point of view. I can see how you want to be nice and help him out but I don't think you are obligated too. I would let him in on where ever Vike tells you that the rebuild kit is at and MAYBE buy that for him. But I still think its his problem now as long as you KNOW it was in good working condition when it left your possesion.

Kenny_McCormic
11-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Orings fail and lube runs out, reg rebuilds are regular maintenance. ts not your fault he bought a tank that hadnt been used in forever and a day and expected it to work.

Oscum Guy
11-27-2007, 06:28 PM
tell him to send it to the manufacturer

oldironmudder
11-27-2007, 07:09 PM
After reading this, Im with Vike on it.

You said "sold as is" & "it worked last time I used it" & "needs to be rehydro"

Besides the hydro the only thing needed would be a cleaning at the most. & like you said it was sitting so theres a good chance dirt could have worked its way into a spot.

He is SOL all the way.

The most I would do is point him in the way of a rehydro place & rebuild kits. I wouldnt leave feedback if he didnt but if he does leave neg i would do the same & explain the whole deal.

chnk
11-28-2007, 06:13 AM
i replied back to him with links to a cheap hydro place and he hasnt replied back, so i guess he got the picture, thanks guys

oldironmudder
11-28-2007, 04:54 PM
You clearly told him what kind of shape its in. Either he or the shop he took it to messed it up. Im betting its the shop because it worked when you had it & then boom only 50psi out of it.

Critical
11-28-2007, 06:27 PM
My question is, what shop would air up an out of hydro tank? That whole thing seems fishy to me. He probably screwed it up, and realized it afterwards and just wants to blame someone else for his mistake. I agree with oldironmudder otherwise, point the guy in the direction of a rebuild kit and a hydro place, then let him figure it out. If he gives you bad feedback, you can contest it and get it removed.

DFSniper
11-28-2007, 06:56 PM
My question is, what shop would air up an out of hydro tank?
my shop. he said that tanks are usually good for a while after their rehydro date (this was for my 20oz, i dont know if he'd say the same for hpa)

chnk
11-28-2007, 06:56 PM
^^ thats what i was thinking, how can he test a reg on an out of hydro tank. I know shop owners are smarter than that

oldironmudder
11-28-2007, 06:59 PM
^^ thats what i was thinking, how can he test a reg on an out of hydro tank. I know shop owners are smarter than that

Take it out & put it in a good tank. But with how lazy America is they prolly filled the tank anyway.

OR

The buyer is just a stupid kid that dropped the tank & tweaked the reg

OR he's scamming.

battlechaser
11-30-2007, 03:57 AM
Yeah man. There's no way in hell I'd pay him, especially if you marked the item 'as is'.

If he gives you feedback, just link to the sale thread where it's written as is. And point out that he didn't read before buying.

Again, I wouldn't give him crap.

chnk
11-30-2007, 07:40 AM
well he hasnt messaged me in a while, so i guess he figured he is assed out, either that or he figured out he couldnt scam me