PDA

View Full Version : Pilot basics

Sandman_Bravo
11-25-2007, 04:58 AM
So since this section of the forums has been rather nil; I thought I'd try and condense what knowledge has been gleaned about the Pilot since it's intro.
1) The ACS bolt has a spring that when new may cause some chops. Repeated dry-firing with a rag or wooden dowel in the feedneck opening(into the breach) can "break-in" the spring. Also the bolt can be removed and manually compressed by hand. Usually approximately 500 compressions do it.
2) Some people have reported problems with firing such as:
*trigger bounce= gives a false full-auto effect. Adjust the trigger throw set screw.
*repeated firing= squeezing the grips too tightly some have had a full-auto effect. try Dye Sticky 3.
*failure to fire= got air + battery charged + clean & lubed > shim a dime behind the selonoid.
3) The stock VA will not accept industry standard threaded regulators, you will have to replace it. Try trinity or an Assault block.
4) The stock feedneck is not very stable. Try a low-rise locking unit. (tabs-not holes)
5) The stock barrel isn't very accurate. Most go with a J&J.
6) Most air leaks are found in the cupseal of the valve plunger/needle.
7) If you are planning on going LP be prepared to spend more than if you just bought one of the new entry level LP markers. VS, SP1, Vibe, SLG,Ion, etc.
8) You need a hopper capable of 13+ balls per second or you will chop/engage ACS. (ACS results in uncocking)
9) You can use a standard 9v battery in place of the rechargeable stock unit, but some people have had mixed results.
10) When changing out the stock ASA, you will need an adapter block for the drop/rail. The Pilot doesn't use the industry standard mounting holes.

The Pilot is a good entry level marker, especially at the current prices. So have fun!

MVS1
11-25-2007, 03:26 PM
AMEN to #7, I have enough $$$ into mine for a mid-level NIB gun.
Great list Sandman, only thing I would throw in is the battery charging...brand new charge 9-12 hours, after that 2-4 hours.

xsvly-fat
11-25-2007, 06:48 PM
good thread, great idea.

Sandman_Bravo
07-07-2008, 04:37 PM
[Bump for new members]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Pumper
07-07-2008, 04:40 PM
This should be a sticky for this section. Hint mods..wink wink ;)

CornflakeMII
07-14-2008, 08:21 AM
lol gr8 advice Sandman. i always find these tips and advice helpful

pb34
07-14-2008, 08:38 AM
Very good list. Also with the battery you might want to mention that regular 9v. tend to die quickly.

Sandman_Bravo
07-14-2008, 05:03 PM
thanx guys; edited with #9.
:)

Sandman_Bravo
08-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Needs a bump again

Evocati
08-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Fantastic! I read this a few days ago, but it's nice to get a brief review when I ask questions that have already been answered. I think I'm going to get the Evil Det Reg and then stop off at Paintball Palace and get an adapter for it.

~Evo

Sandman_Bravo
12-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Probably the last bump.