PDA

View Full Version : Im in a bind

marvin-martian
11-24-2007, 09:23 PM
theres a research paper due monday that i have put off thinking about. what should my topic be?

at first i was thinking about arguing for CCW's on college campuses, but not a whole lot of that is fact/numbers based.

timmyshoota
11-24-2007, 09:51 PM
theres a research paper due monday that i have put off thinking about. what should my topic be?

at first i was thinking about arguing for CCW's on college campuses, but not a whole lot of that is fact/numbers based.

Concealed weapons? I'd be interested to see how you'd argue for that.

marvin-martian
11-24-2007, 09:56 PM
which is why i need a new topic

DFSniper
11-24-2007, 10:19 PM
i have to give a persuasive speech on the 2nd amendment, and ive come across some interesting research. you could do it on how the 2nd amendment is worded, its intended meaning, its literal meaning, and the various court interpretations over the years.

badlandsrox
11-25-2007, 12:38 AM
the right to bear arms isnt for guns silly, its to be able to have bear arms hanging from your wall, you people do not watch enough family guy these days, you should be ashamed.

timbertiger20
11-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Hard to say about the guns on a college campus........but if you handed out Pepper Spray and tasers.........people would think a hell of a lot about what they'd say and how they act. Most people wouldn't go on rampages thinking they'll be able to shoot themselves with their last bullet knowing they'll be sprayed and shocked for 10 minutes waiting for the cops.

timmyshoota
11-25-2007, 12:53 AM
I think they most difficult part about arguing CCWs on campus is the fact that me and him live in Virginia, and just about everyone in our area was affected by the VT shooting. Its gonna be really hard to write a good paper on a sensitive subject like that.

vikingshadow
11-25-2007, 05:58 AM
Ahhh, procrastination - she's a friend of mine! (I have 3 sets of essays, lesson plans, laundry, groceries AND practice to do today... :( )

Talk about how the two party system (at least how we have it) isn't working correctly and that anyone not affiliated gets shoved to the back, and worse, actually hurts a party. There's a lot of pro's and con's on this topic and you can get a lot of information on it to do your paper.

As far as CCWs on campus, I'm still up in the air on it. Kids are so different these days...when I was in college, people got drunk and got in FIST fights - never weapons. These days, kids settle things with knives and guns ***ER. What if you give them guns? On the other hand, would it really curb a desperate person, bent on causing trouble, knowing that people were carrying guns? IMO, I don't think so.

xtraking
11-25-2007, 07:17 AM
Elvis Presley and Huck Finn: American Rebels.

HelpDeskHustler
11-25-2007, 09:44 AM
-RIAA sucks
-Society is unhealthily addicted to sensationalism.
-MPAA, a private association with no ownership by the people, controlling what the people CAN easily access (ie loose censorship)
-Fair Use and DRM
-choice, as we know it is a lie
-time does not "flow" in any direction, therefore a cause could have been caused by an effect if you follow a principal of causality.
-the cake is a lie :p

marvin-martian
11-25-2007, 10:07 AM
im going to drop the whole gun thing. there just isnt enough concrete facts with too much speculation. what do you guys think about discussing how much ethanol sucks?

SupaSnipa
11-25-2007, 10:09 AM
I think you should stick to the CCW topic. My dad has one, then again he is on the SWAT team

calebh
11-25-2007, 12:15 PM
-RIAA sucks
-Society is unhealthily addicted to sensationalism.
-MPAA, a private association with no ownership by the people, controlling what the people CAN easily access (ie loose censorship)
-Fair Use and DRM

those would be interesting, yet difficult to write a paper over...

HelpDeskHustler
11-25-2007, 12:34 PM
those would be interesting, yet difficult to write a paper over...
I've actually written all of those before. 1 of them was an idea i used for a college essay that was around 6 pages long.