PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Rocket Valve on my T-1! (#)@&$*#(

Ace24
11-23-2007, 09:15 PM
I think there is a problem with the cupseal area... it was leaving a gap and letting a constant blow of air through, which was making my paintballs blow out of the gun like a hose. I wasted so much paint trying to stop it... UGH! So frustraiting. I took it all apart and looked at the valve. There didn't seem to be anything wrong, aside from the seal not sitting correctly when the spring brought it back into contact with the restraining metal.

There is a little wear grove in the seal that doesn't want to sit right, so I took it and worked on it for a while, notching the grove so it sat right and ended up missing 3 games and then the field closed. :(

I was on a role today too...

What can I do to prevent this? Is my valve bad?

HeadShot
11-24-2007, 03:44 AM
I have a rocket valve, but I have not yet experienced any problems like this.

it sounds like maybe the spring tension is too "loose" causing the Coneseal to not sit correctaly on the valve durring play. I would try and tighten srp. Make sure there is clearace between the Coneseal and Front Block, because if there isn't and you go to fire. You'll basicaly self-destruct your valve stem . Also remember to file the stem level with the srp or you'll be ordering a shiny new rocket rebuild kit for $10.

in any case if there is a groove on the seal then your doomed to get a new one. unless maybe ..Try some hot glue to fill in the groove and then see if you can't reshape it. if that dosen't work.. I would then try some melted candlewax.

Also look unto the maddman for the instalation\tip\trouble shooter for help.

oldironmudder
11-24-2007, 06:25 AM
Why cant you sand that groove & turn the srp in a bit? Basicly resurfacce the seal.

Hob Hayward
11-24-2007, 09:06 AM
I have a spare cupseal if you want... The guy who sold me my rocket valve had cut the SRP way too short, so the thing as a whole is useless, but the seal is intact (assuming it screws off?). PM me your address if you want it.

HeadShot
11-25-2007, 11:23 AM
umm I know for a fact that you can not take the coneseal off the valve stem.. its like they dipped the end in plastic and shaped it.

hey btw, while your at it you could polish the valve stem..you know while its out and all..just a suggestion.

Ace24
11-27-2007, 10:03 PM
How do I go about taking it out?