PDA

View Full Version : Homemade paintball equipment and mods

slim and shady
11-23-2007, 04:49 PM
I was thinking everyone is probably getting sick of me posting my ghetto mods on the thread "post a pic of your MR2" so i decided to make a thread where people who make home mods for there guns or any other PB equiptment can post it. So here it is feel free to post whatever mods or you make to your equiptment.

I guess I will throw a few pics of some of my land mines up to start the thread off.

oldironmudder
11-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Im working on an adjustable stock for my next project. Ill bring it home when I get off work tomarrow & snap some pics.

slim and shady
11-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Im working on an adjustable stock for my next project. Ill bring it home when I get off work tomarrow & snap some pics.

I made one out of wood for my MP7 mod and it works very well I made it so it could push right in or be pulled out too a few diferent spots and lock in. I want to get some light small diameter pipe and make the same model out of steal or aluminum.

What did you make your stock out of? look forward to seeing pics either way.

chnk
11-23-2007, 06:54 PM
hmm ive done m custom triggers and feedneck,

my next idea is a battle rifle from halo, once i get the cash

oldironmudder
11-23-2007, 07:02 PM
The curved butt plate part is a thin piece of steel, like a shroud off of a grinder & the, the..... the part that connects that to the frame is some kind of bracket with holes drilled in it & like 1/4" thick steel.

DFSniper
11-23-2007, 07:14 PM
i was thinking of making an adjustable tube stock out of pvc. i have a ghetto-mod sling on my mech made of 5-50 cord and the carrying strap to a rollerblade carrying bag. i can get pics of that tomorrow.

chnk
11-23-2007, 07:24 PM
has anyone made a grenade launcher yet?

slim and shady
11-24-2007, 09:29 AM
well here are 2 styles of grenades that i make as well as my own paint. well the paint is just childrens water solubel paint and corn starch. But hey its high visebility and works great. I have more mil-sim stuff to I might post a pic of my APC but I think I did a wial back.

interceptorMR2
11-24-2007, 04:50 PM
well slim and shady, you finally got too cool for teh post a pic of your mr2 thread!

xsvly-fat
11-24-2007, 05:15 PM
slim and shady, that is a pretty cool APC

slim and shady
11-24-2007, 05:50 PM
slim and shady, that is a pretty cool APC

Thank you I can hall a team of 6 (not including the driver) all of the people are fully geared and are all abel to shoot through 3" sniper ports that can be closed up if you receive to heavy of incoming fire. The large flaps on the side can also be flipped up for greater visibility and easier shooting, but most people just look out the plexyglass windows.
It works very well for taking troops behing the enemy to pinccer them or flank them, and of corse my personal faverit tactic is using it to take sniper teams across wide open spaces and insert them into the thick underbrush where they can do there work!
I also have a trailer that is kinda the same but only has 2 wheels. When i get the time I am going to build a mobil command center, or bunker out of it to pull behind the APC to, this will give me the ability to be taking in a team of 12 safly. But thanks again

I dont think im to cool for anything IntercepterMR2, I think my ghetto home mods just needed a place where there fugly nature wasnt cluttering up all that clean cut good lookin manufactured equiptment! This is home!

slim and shady
11-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Here is my new mag set up for sniping. All I need to do is paint it and find a nice real light spring for it. The back comes off for easy cleaning via 2 screws so if you chop it can be cleaned out. The tub where the paint goes acts as a mag and just pulls out, I have 2 of them so I can switch on the go, or i can use those tiny ten round tubs to fill.

zombie
11-25-2007, 05:51 PM
thats pretty cool. how many rounds can it hold?

slim and shady
11-25-2007, 06:21 PM
thats pretty cool. how many rounds can it hold?

Each Magazine holds 21 balls. All in all it cost 5$ for the LB fitting and 5$ for 10 feet of electrical pvc (3/4) a wood dowl that I use to put in the coupler on the end cost nothing for such little amount and for each of the pvc couplers (thats whats on the end) cost .47cents. I can make like 10 or 11 mags off the langth of pipe I got so its real cheep to. Its fast to switch mags on the go light and very low profile. The only thing i couldnt find was a real light spring, something like Ariakon uses in there overloard pistol.

I forgot to post also that I got materials to make a winter ghuillie suit as well as a fall one. (Then I will have one for all seasons) I plan on starting that right away. i would apreciate if anyone would post an idea for a cool looking sniper shroud that I could use to continue my sniper mod!

oldironmudder
11-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Instead of a spring why dont you put a little tilt to it?

I didnt bring the stock home saturday but Ill get it monday & Ill get pics of my bipods since their on the carport when I do the stock.

slim and shady
11-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Instead of a spring why dont you put a little tilt to it?

I didnt bring the stock home saturday but Ill get it monday & Ill get pics of my bipods since their on the carport when I do the stock.

I thought that with a spring i could help battel the blowback up the feedneck. I dont suspect that it would be much of a problem because of the lower rates of fire just thought it would help. Or if your in an urban setting shooting out a window ect. You work hard to get into position for that one shot, so when you pull the trigger and it pops you wanna make sure there is a round chambered!

I hope you get pics of your stock and bi-pods soon. I got the material today to make a steal version of my MP7 stock so I will try to get around to that in the next few days as well.

oldironmudder
11-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Drill holes in that LB to vent any blowback. It wont stop it 100% but will help.

slim and shady
11-25-2007, 07:22 PM
Drill holes in that LB to vent any blowback. It wont stop it 100% but will help.

I wouldnt drill holes, for the idea you are talking about for venting I could just shim up the cover on the back of the LB and it would do the same thing, I dunno still would like a spring!

oldironmudder
11-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Ok, heres a shot of the stock at work. I still havent drilled the frame holes in the pic but I did a short time after I took this pic.

The way its sitting is now upside down. After pretending there was a frame to hold onto, I flipped it & adjusted it all the way down. It did kinda feel like having my DZ3 turned around it was so long.

Its to cold to go outside right now so yall have to wait one more day on the bipod pics & a better & maybe mounted pic for the stock.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/drunknmudder77/stock.jpg

interceptorMR2
11-26-2007, 03:43 PM
whoa, i like the mag dude, but yeah all that homemade stuff? i love the homemade mods, it always seems to be so much cooler than the manufactured ones, im not sure why, but i guess its like what you said, its home! it adds a cool effect of the gun and you truly are making the gun your own. im going to have to try the mag thing that looks pretty swedish.

alabama_lowlife
11-26-2007, 04:20 PM
hey interceptor, do you actually use the red dot scope or is it more for looks? i've been thinking about getting one, but can't decide if it would be something that i would really use and i don't want to blow $30 for one and not use it.

slim and shady
11-26-2007, 05:56 PM
The stock looks great ironmudder, good work.

You should try to make the mag InterceprorMR2, its real wasy like 7 min to make it, I havent found a spring to attach yet though so I will say 10 min. and about that in price to! so yeah great home made mod.

alabama I have a Walther 11 power red dot scope and use it all the time, it was a great investment and I sugest to anyone to get some form of sights. I dont regreat getting mine at all.

interceptorMR2
11-29-2007, 01:22 PM
hey interceptor, do you actually use the red dot scope or is it more for looks? i've been thinking about getting one, but can't decide if it would be something that i would really use and i don't want to blow $30 for one and not use it.

I actually use it, it works great if you get it right where your shots are. that took me a little while but it really helps in ambushing :D but if you want to be able to see farther, then i suggest you get a regular magnifying scope. Red dots dont magnify they just have a red dot where your shot is. but it works great for me!

interceptorMR2
11-29-2007, 01:23 PM
ooh I should try to make the mag... that sounds good, but its going to require some time... Im busy studying for my finals tomorrow....:confused:

slim and shady
11-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Alright post the resaults and pics if you get around to doing it.

slim and shady
12-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Well im not expecting as much of a responce on my ghuillie mods, there dont appear to be many people into that kinda stuff here but it takes alot of time and effort so im going to post it anyway! IntercepterMR2 might like it and a few others.

The pics are 2 peices to my 4 part suit for the winter season. One is the head wrap/hood. The other is the gun wrap. enjoy

cyberthrasher_706
12-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Well im not expecting as much of a responce on my ghuillie mods, there dont appear to be many people into that kinda stuff here but it takes alot of time and effort so im going to post it anyway! IntercepterMR2 might like it and a few others.

The pics are 2 peices to my 4 part suit for the winter season. One is the head wrap/hood. The other is the gun wrap. enjoy

I've thought about doing it but I just don't have the need right now. We play in some pretty heavy woods where it's mostly pine and some smaller brush, plus the games we all play are pretty short so by the time I go find a spot the game's almost over anyway. I do have a pretty popular guille on my remote pack that I made out of strips from my digi-camo shirt. Everytime we go out they just tag my lens the first chance they get to try marking me for the rest of the day but I got that fixed now...hahaha
you should post some pics of the rest of the suit.

DFSniper
12-01-2007, 06:58 PM
nice. i would lightly speckle it with dark spray paint to give it a little more of a shadowed look.

slim and shady
12-02-2007, 07:48 AM
As I continue to do the suit I will post pics it takes a very long time though, this will be the theird one that i have made, they work great too I have actually gone through games without being disqualified due to a paint shoot. My kill rate isnt the highest usually around 20-24 but my deaths are always real low when i snipe. So they do work well.

The idea behind this suit was to simulate snow with tufts of grass and brush through it. Of corse everyone knows the ghullie isnt done untill you add small bits of branches grass and twigs from your environment.
When i get the whole suit done I want to go into different locations and get someone to take pics to show how well they work, but thats hard to tell through a camra unless you have a real expensive one. But I wanna try it anyway. When i get the snow one done my next one will be for fall then I have one for all seasons.

DFSniper
12-02-2007, 10:33 AM
finally got pics up of my ghetto mods.

foam grip that covers an old 'cocker reg. its comfy and you can adjust the zip strip so its not in the way:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/Paintball%20Customizing/DSC04470.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/Paintball%20Customizing/DSC04472.jpg

and my sling. its exactly the right length to hang down, and i would have the perfect slack left over if i were to put a stock on it:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/Paintball%20Customizing/DSC04485.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/Paintball%20Customizing/DSC04488.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/Paintball%20Customizing/DSC04489.jpg

slim and shady
12-02-2007, 01:45 PM
nice mods, do you use your strap alot? most people who have straps have heavy over assessorised(SP, to be honest im not even sure thats a word!) milsim markers.

SpyderMan723
12-02-2007, 01:55 PM
finally got pics up of my ghetto mods.

foam grip that covers an old 'cocker reg. its comfy and you can adjust the zip strip so its not in the way:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/Paintball%20Customizing/DSC04470.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/Paintball%20Customizing/DSC04472.jpg

and my sling. its exactly the right length to hang down, and i would have the perfect slack left over if i were to put a stock on it:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/Paintball%20Customizing/DSC04485.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/Paintball%20Customizing/DSC04488.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/Paintball%20Customizing/DSC04489.jpg

hey what did you make your sling out of?

oldironmudder
12-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Ok here are those pic of the stock I built at work & bipod from a few years back. Remember how I said the stock was flipped from the pic above, well after mounting it, it set to low so flipping it back like in that pic it turned out good. I still need to adjust it out a little longer.

Close up of the Bipod mounted between the barrel & LPC
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/drunknmudder77/048-1.jpg

Some what close up of the stock
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/drunknmudder77/049-1.jpg

Rear end shot of both mounted
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/drunknmudder77/050-1.jpg

How my hand is while holding the marker. See how short it is?
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/drunknmudder77/051-1.jpg

Stock & Bipod mounted w/ 16" barrel & 4oz tank.
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/drunknmudder77/057-1.jpg

Another like above, more of an eye level. Also got my Doberman in the shot :)
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/drunknmudder77/059.jpg

slim and shady
12-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Nice mods, both look really good. what did you make your bipod out of? can you adjust your stock on the go or do you need tools and preset it?

I bought the tubing now to make my MP7 stock out of metal I just need the ambition to do it now.......but......its so, so cold outside! I think I will stay in the warm house and keep working ioin my ghullie mods!

oldironmudder
12-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Nice mods, both look really good. what did you make your bipod out of? can you adjust your stock on the go or do you need tools and preset it?

The feet are metal washers, legs are just some random steel rods & thepiece where the barrel sits is a cast iron fitting cut in half.

Aint no 'on-the-go' adjusting with this stock. 2, 1/2" wrenchs. Pull the nuts off & move it & put the nuts back on.

DFSniper
12-03-2007, 08:50 AM
hey what did you make your sling out of?
its an old nylon carrying strap from a roller blade bag that i never use, and some standard army-issue 5-50 (or "parachute") nylon cord. the one end is threaded through the hole where the sight rail screw goes, and the other is threaded through the holes in the drop.

nice mods, do you use your strap alot? most people who have straps have heavy over assessorised(SP, to be honest im not even sure thats a word!) milsim markers.
i actually made that out of boredom one day and havent played with it yet. but i plan on using it a lot once i get done with the gun (mil-sim barrel & stock, bigger tank, and possibly a q-loader)

SpyderMan723
12-03-2007, 12:17 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n36/xxMikeRotchxx/100_0030.jpg

mr1 sniper
12-03-2007, 02:14 PM
very nice, very nice

darth massacre
12-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Great pic Olds!! I'd toss the gun and keep the dog - JK JK JK!! LOL That's a good looking and lightweight sniper mod you got there. Keeps you light and mobile like a sniper should.

slim and shady
12-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Here is a pic with my home made remote coil sleave its just made out of camo cloth perchased at wal-mart and those elastic bands. And one of my choped off stock barrels.

DFSniper
12-03-2007, 05:17 PM
oh wow, thats a pretty good idea. i'd use that universal hunting blind stuff with the pre-cut leaves instead. *runs to walmart to get stuff to cover his remote*

slim and shady
12-03-2007, 05:23 PM
oh wow, thats a pretty good idea. i'd use that universal hunting blind stuff with the pre-cut leaves instead. *runs to walmart to get stuff to cover his remote*

That is a great idea im gonna do that for my fall one! i wonder if they make that leafy kinda pattern but for snow camo? that would work great to but eaither way thanks for the info.

DFSniper
12-03-2007, 05:26 PM
no, i think its mostly greens with brown/tan. im actually going to pick up a pack or two ( i think its 7'x15') and make a ghillie cover for my gun, and start on a cheap ghillie-poncho.

slim and shady
12-03-2007, 05:45 PM
no, i think its mostly greens with brown/tan. im actually going to pick up a pack or two ( i think its 7'x15') and make a ghillie cover for my gun, and start on a cheap ghillie-poncho.

you can actually buy a poncho exactly what you are talking about for 25$ in the same pattern i have one if its in the house i will take pic and post it up to make sure its the same.

slim and shady
12-03-2007, 06:05 PM
There you go........

Just thought that you might think it was just as cheep and easy to buy it then make it, 25 is pretty cheep. Im not sure what the roll would cost you though.

DFSniper
12-03-2007, 06:22 PM
thats cool. i was looking at used leaf suits at the pawn shops, and they wanted $60 for the top, so i decided to make my own.

i might pick me up some of THIS! (http://www.conderspaintball.com/merchandise/supplies/ghillie.html) next time i go to the pb store. that should be more than enough to play around with.

slim and shady
12-03-2007, 07:37 PM
thats cool. i was looking at used leaf suits at the pawn shops, and they wanted $60 for the top, so i decided to make my own.

i might pick me up some of THIS! (http://www.conderspaintball.com/merchandise/supplies/ghillie.html) next time i go to the pb store. that should be more than enough to play around with.

60$ thats alot like i said i payed 25 for mine new and its the leaf pattern to but I admit that the pic dont show it well.

I think I might pick me up a roll of that ghillie tape myself could come in handy good find.

slim and shady
12-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Well its cold outside and the homemade mods have come to a stop, until now. I purchesed me a furnice(SP) for my garage so I can work on my mods and also i bought a sawmill so im hopping that will help pull me in a little more cash for the mods i want to get. So hopefully I will start working on everything again soon.

I was also wondering if anyone has made any homemade grenade launchers that attach to your gun and arent the size of a house or weight twice as much?

slim and shady
12-17-2007, 10:46 AM
This is my snow ghullie suit i have been working on. i still need to make the pants for it. Sorry the pictures are hazy i forgot my camra in the truck and the lens fogged when I brought it in. But I will throw up a pic or to anyway. im not sure if I will make the pants or not now.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention I bought a new forgrip with a hidden bi-pod I will throw up pics once it gets here.

slim and shady
12-17-2007, 06:33 PM
This is my backup gun I use if my MR2 is down.

It is a Trracer pump and there are a few homemade mods on it that I did tonight. I still need to get my sight back from my sister and throw it back on there. I want to get it ready for my next winter game. My MR2 dont do so well in the cold. Does anyone else have trouble with there MR not working well when the snow flies? (I do use HPA)

Anyway enjoy the pics..

mr1 sniper
12-17-2007, 07:25 PM
that is one of the sickest pumps i have ever seen. how long is that all together

slim and shady
12-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Here is some more pics. I have made a folding bi-pod and added a 4x40 bushnell scope.

Break down of the pump....

-Fake silencer 12" (It is homemade doesnt break paint and isnt illegal because its fake. I was looking for something for crazy langth, long barrels just waist air so i went with a long long supressor shroud!)
-21 shot magazine X11 (I think thats plenty for a pump and they change instantly with no playing around. Thats also home made.)
-Folding Bipod (added stability and look, homemade)
-Vertical forgrip (I added this for those times you want to use the auto pump feture having a vertical grip lets the paint fly like 2X as fast. Or you can use the conventinal horizontal grip for a rifel like feel. The grip is homemade, well its a grinder handel that I attached to the pump mechanism, not really homw made.)
-4X40 Bushnell (works great but scopes like this arent as practical as red dots. Its more for look than ability or advantage.)
9oZ butplate (Just to finish off the look and add a littel more stability and it makes it more comfy.)

The overall langth of the entire marker is actually 3 feet and 4 inches. It scertinaly acheived the langth I was looking for and it turned out much like I hoped for so I think im pretty happy with this mod. It is actually light to I havent weighed it but compaired to my MR2 its real light.

DFSniper
12-19-2007, 01:59 PM
hey, i found some REALLY cool and thick cardboard tubes to make fake silencers out of. i have 3 2 1/2 foot tubes,and the plastic end pieces are slightly larger than barrels, so if i can find a good way to attach them to the gun, would anyone be interested in one? i wouldnt charge much (mostly for the screws that i'll need to buy to clamp them to the gun and paint and labor). i have a pretty good idea of how it will work (just like any other slip-on barrel shroud) and i may experiment with length and the front opening (to prevent balls from hitting the sides).

kramernator
12-19-2007, 03:52 PM
hey chnk!! i made a grenade launcher out of PVC it is pretty "bad donkey" i don't have any pics of it though, its about 6 feet tall and can shoot anything with a diameter of less that 2 inches, or something like that, I mostly use it as a shotgun (sometimes use gravel and shoot at birds, pigeons, yeh i live on a farm)

it was really easy and cheep to make, i use hairspray to fuel it, thinking of upgrading to propane but i want to live so i will think about that later.

kramernator
12-19-2007, 05:16 PM
how about a homemade dropforward welded onto a on/off valve from a remote?
and yes i have electronics outside the handle, i usually have two batteries taped on, the triggers in pretty bad shape, i couldn't fit a battery inside because of the screw i had to put on to hold on the drop forward, its hard to explain so just trust me RODEOS RULE
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii308/mkramernator/PHTO0095.jpg
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii308/mkramernator/PHTO0097.jpg

DFSniper
12-19-2007, 05:30 PM
wow, thats GHETTO!! good job :up::up: i havent seen a sprint frame in ages...

slim and shady
12-19-2007, 06:09 PM
hey chnk!! i made a grenade launcher out of PVC it is pretty "bad donkey" i don't have any pics of it though, its about 6 feet tall and can shoot anything with a diameter of less that 2 inches, or something like that, I mostly use it as a shotgun (sometimes use gravel and shoot at birds, pigeons, yeh i live on a farm)

it was really easy and cheep to make, i use hairspray to fuel it, thinking of upgrading to propane but i want to live so i will think about that later.

If you get a chance throw up some pictures I would be interested in seeing what you have created!

kramernator
12-20-2007, 06:15 AM
ok maybe over the weekend

kramernator
12-24-2007, 09:44 AM
i put up my TWO paintball cannons in the Pictures section, theres also a link in my sig

bamf-hacker
12-24-2007, 09:49 AM
If you want to see the cannons please PM him.

DFSniper
12-24-2007, 11:32 AM
finished my shroud, and cut down my hopper some more. the battery is charging, so as soon as its done, i'll post pics.

SpyderMan723
12-24-2007, 11:37 AM
woot woot

DFSniper
12-24-2007, 12:46 PM
really low shake and bake hopper (compared to uncut eggy on a feedneck)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/DSC05775.jpg

barrel shroud:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/DSC05779.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/DSC05778.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/DSC05776.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/DSC05777.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/DSC05782.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/DSC05783.jpg

and yes, i have WAAAAY too much free time on my hands...

i have enough material to make about 5 more (depending on the lengths). after i get back from vacation, im going to experiment with making a mock silencer before school starts (but i think the tubes are a little too big for it to look good). i want to get some rails for it, but i dont know where to find them cheap (unless ace can hook me up. he said he found his in a bargain bin, i believe). then im going to cut a bunch of vertical openings between the rails and make it look better. its too plain for my taste right now.

my next project is going to be an AK style flip-up stock that runs through the quick-strip pin, but i need to find a really strong metal rod...

slim and shady
12-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Looks good keep exparimenting.

bamf-hacker
12-26-2007, 06:59 AM
Here is a quick tip to make your barrel water tight.

Go to your local hardware store and bring the ported section of your barrel if it is a two piece and the whole barrel if it is a one piece.

In the plumbing aisle look for clear flexible hose. Get a few feet of the hose that fits the barrel, you want a size that is a little bigger than the barrel.

Now look around for the tube your barrel came in, if you don't have it check your local paintball store (they usually have lots of extras). There should be two rubber caps on it. Those will be the ends of the barrel cover.

Take one and make a small X slice in the middle with a razor then take sharp scissors and make the opening round. The size of the hole should be just a little smaller than the size of the tip of the barrel. Take the second cap and make a larger X and again cut the opening round. This one should be a little smaller than the base of the barrel. Now take your clear hose and cut it using a razor or shears the length of the ported section of the barrel, you don't need the cuts perfect. Then take the two caps and fit them on the clear hose. You now have your all weather porting cover. Push it down over the barrel and go play in the rain or snow.

If you have a Freak barrel with All American Tips I have done the work for you. Get 1 1/4" hose with an inside diameter of 1".

And before you say it, yes you can just use tape to cover the ports, but this is a no mar way to keep water out.

Here are the pics:

The parts
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3687/rainbarrelco0.jpg

Cover together
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9596/rainbarrel1dq9.jpg

Cover on the barrel
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6307/rainbarrel2ww8.jpg

On the gun
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/4854/rainbarrel3us3.jpg

The tip of the barrel
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9369/rainbarrel4di0.jpg

slim and shady
12-26-2007, 04:51 PM
I like that, nice usefull mod. Anymore tips send them my way!

interceptorMR2
01-07-2008, 03:21 PM
hey S&S how effective are your paintgrenades? im lookin for something that will really surprise my friends the next time i go paintballing, and I dont plan on getting the squadbuster after hearing how crappy it is. are those grenades as effective as the f bomb big boy? I just want to have something to surprise and piss off my friends just for laughs :D

slim and shady
01-07-2008, 06:41 PM
The reason i make my own grenades is that most store bought grenades have been on the shelf to long. this causes the paint to stail and the ball bearing to get stuck. What it sums up to is when you throw it they dont go off, even with a nice arching throw. i got sick of that when I played heavy gunner, so i made my own. I have never had one that didnt go off when i threw it, shallow throw or a high. But I have the ball bearing right at the tip of the sergical tube, so the first pressure that it gets after you pull the pin it goes off. they spray 15 feet in a circle I make my own paint to out of childrens water soluble paint and cornstarch. It's high visability and works great.

The grenades are cheep to make all you need is plastic pull ties, surgical tube 1/4, 3/8 ball bearings, haywire, paint and a 2oz seringe. You can get all these items on ebay cheep. They cost roughly .75 cents a grenade to make paint included. If you get the stuff pm or post on here and i will give you step by step instructions on how to make them.

If your looking for something to get your friends get a TR-12 Mastermine tripmine. They are 60$ and well worth it. I bought one and I think it was a good investment there is nothing more suprising then getting soaked with paint when no one is near you. They are fairly loud to so they have a startling effect. The M-80 mine to is a great mine but it has to be burried and stepped on as apposed to the Tr-12 that is a trip wire. But the M-80 also has burst tubes that make alot of noise. I just thought you might be interested in something like this. I think landmines are great and are one of the most unsung heros of paintball!

interceptorMR2
01-07-2008, 07:15 PM
okay cool, thanks for the advice and the list man, Im definetly gonna look into getting that stuff, and when it comes to the mines, i dont quite have the cash for them yet, but I will soon after i get a job this spring. I cant wait to see the look on my friends faces after i pull somethin like this on em! :D :D

slim and shady
01-08-2008, 06:08 PM
I can give you the plans to make a mine for like 15$ they are cheep to make and very safe. I make my own mines to, and they are very effective. One is made from steel but you have to know how to weld. The other one (the 15$ one) is made from PVC. I will be honest that you have to be a little handy though with tools and to like, if your not that kinda guy probably not the best project to tackel.

interceptorMR2
01-08-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm handy with saws and other woodworking tools, but nothing like welding. I have nearly every saw I could ever need though, except for a band saw.

slim and shady
01-09-2008, 05:20 PM
for the PVC mine you only need a hacksaw drill and variouse bits. If you are interested in the plans let me know. I can send you the PVC one.

Hob Hayward
01-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Might as well make a howto thread here on the forums eh?

*nudge nudge wink wink* :P

slim and shady
01-20-2008, 09:44 AM
well i decided that i am going to try to make my argo into a tank now rather then adn APC i will post pics and details as I make it.

slim and shady
01-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Here is a pic of my MR1, on it I have a home made fake supressor, a home made mag setup and a stock i customised as many MR1 and Mr2 users do. So i thought that I would post that here in the custom section

SpyderMan723
01-28-2008, 11:37 AM
Here is a pic of my MR1, on it I have a home made fake supressor, a home made mag setup and a stock i customised as many MR1 and Mr2 users do. So i thought that I would post that here in the custom section

PVC?
What kind of barrel is that?

slim and shady
01-28-2008, 12:37 PM
yes the mag is made out pvc, real cheep to make and they work great. Finding springs though is another story( for the mag)
That is just the stock barrel with a home made fake supressor.
I just moded my Empire barrel kit (the tip) so that I could put the Apex tip on it. cant wait to use it in a game now!

interceptorMR2
01-31-2008, 03:23 PM
hey s&s have you started on your fall ghillie yet?

slim and shady
01-31-2008, 04:56 PM
No actually I have gotten lazy, work got crazy lattly too. But i will start working on it soon, the base component of it though I can tell you will be the color of dead long grass kind of a tan brown, with darker brown patches and streaks of green and red brown.
But between work and my kids i havnt much time lattly when i do have time i check my pages quick and work a little on my stuff i changed my MR again and then started working on my MR1 I just bought that will be my main sniper rifel. I bought a Q-loader 2 and still have to stick that on my MR2 whenever it arives in the mail. But I will try to get workking on that soon. Have you started work on your ghillie yet? Havent talked to you in a long time!

EDIT:
I sent your friend that E-mailed me the info on the mag to and a suppresser plan to im not sure if he got it though but I did send it.

DFSniper
01-31-2008, 06:24 PM
well i decided that i am going to try to make my argo into a tank now rather then adn APC i will post pics and details as I make it.

if you decide to put a coaxial gun on there, i came up with an ingenious idea today while walking between classes: run a warp feed on the gun, and make a GIANT hopper out of one of those Culligan water bottles and a plastic hopper! you could even use an old agitated hopper and cut the bottom half of the hopper to fit the bottle neck!

interceptorMR2
01-31-2008, 06:35 PM
yeah...... about that ghillie.... no i havent started either....ha, but yeah i need to get a job soon, i should have one this spring so then it will be easier to get all the burlap and such. oh and the mag and supressor plan: okay, i cant wait to get onto the mag idea thats gonna be great.

slim and shady
01-31-2008, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the idea DF im open to anyones ideas for my modes i was actually thinking of buying Yoders MR2 in the BST section of this group to and running twin MR2 in a "Hammer" fashion in a 360 degree rotating turret. Guns on one side bunker busting cannon on the other I was gonna PM ViperX to see if he still wanted to sell his launcher so I could take the lazy way out and not have to construct my own from scratch. Maby I will just change my mind and use your idea!

You dont need much cash to do the Mag setup either Intercepter, The hardest thing is finding the springs I still need 8 to finish off my 11 mags. But I will find them eventually. Let me know how your friend ends up making out with his.

interceptorMR2
02-01-2008, 07:35 AM
yeah the mag thing is easy, i just have to convince my dad to take me into town this weekend. I live in a little tourist town in oregon where everything is extra pricey, so we usually have to go to a town 20 miles or so away to get our stuff at normal prices, but I dont think the ace hardware here is TOO mached up. I think I'll use whatever is left of my money and get to makin that mag.

Mascman
02-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Try www.McMaster.com for your springs or other hardware stuff. They've got tons of stuff from screws to fittings.

I would also suggest shock springs from a bigger Nitro RC truck like the HPI Savage. They could possibly work with some modding.

If you are having trouble finding the right spring, try to see if you can "make" one by stretching it or cutting it to the right length.

Stretching it will also make it softer so maybe a spring you thought was too stiff would actually work for you.

interceptorMR2
02-01-2008, 10:28 AM
hey S&S what are all the parts you used for the mag? specific sizes and such would be helpful :D im gonna try to get the supplies for it today.

slim and shady
02-01-2008, 06:59 PM
hey S&S what are all the parts you used for the mag? specific sizes and such would be helpful :D im gonna try to get the supplies for it today.

Your not gonna make me right this again are you? Is it possible that you could just get the list from your friend that I give it to? Would save me alot of work, let me check my email and see if it saved a copy. It did...

go to your local hardwar stor and buy the fallowing...........

1 LB fitting 3/4 (its for electrical wiring) (3.00)
1 Langth of 3/4 electrical PVC pipe (5.00 for the langth)
12 strait 3/4 connectors (.49 cents each)
1 langth (I think there 2") 7/8 dowelrod
11 really light springs (I am having a horribel time finding as many springs as i need I only found 3 so far, they have to be very light and soft, like an Ariakon Overloards spring in its mag.)

First cut a foot off the PVC at the flaired end and set this asside, you can use this for other plans.

Now I am unfamiliar how thick a feedneck is on your gun either you can fit the LB right to the feedneck buy first wraping a few wraps of tape around it or if its thin enough like the MR series you cut a peice of the PVC 1/4 longer than your feedneck take a 3/4 drill bit and ream it out a little at a time until it fits real snug on your feedneck put your LB ontop of that.
cut a bunch of the PVC pipe 11 inches long and put the strait couplers on one end. Cut the dowel ror about 1/2 inch long and wrap it with tape until it fits real snug into the other end of the coupler attach your spring to the dowel. you could even drive a screw through the coupler into the dowel if you wanted to. thats it your done. I have 13 total mags for mine they hold I think its 17 in each mag and an extra 4 fit in the mag on the gun cuz of the LB you can experiment with the langth of the mags you want to they dont have to be 11 inches 12 inch after the coupler is on.
Hope that helps you if you want pics get intercepter to give you the links off the Spyder page i dont have time to gather them up right now. Because you bought the PVC I will give you some plans to make that silencer out of the 1 foot you cut off the electrical PVC with the flair at the end. They really work great.

Hope this works for you.

interceptorMR2
02-01-2008, 07:31 PM
haha sorry, he never gave me that! thanks though!

slim and shady
02-02-2008, 06:39 PM
no problem my emai lsaved it!

slim and shady
02-07-2008, 05:41 PM
I thought this is a better place to talk about your homemade mods Intercepter. What do you plan on making the main body of your grenade out of?

interceptorMR2
02-07-2008, 06:42 PM
well im not so sure, i was hoping to use pvc or some sort of plastic, but due to the rounded shape of the grenade, i may need to use wood for all i know, unless I am able to find a rounded end or something. Ill probably make my first example out of wood to see if it works well.

slim and shady
02-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Ok the one thing im gonna sugest though is to watch that it doesnt get to heavy, if you plan on tossing it ovver a bunker ect. you dont wanna have it end up landing on someones head and hurting them. Im interested to see what you come up with. Another problem you may face is that the wood will soak up the paint you will have to stain or clearcoat the inside as well.

interceptorMR2
02-07-2008, 08:46 PM
nonononono, im using cedar, cedar is fairly light. im not so sure on how to make grenades not hurt when they hit someones head though, even though its not likely to happen.

slim and shady
02-07-2008, 09:28 PM
You should try a designe similer to RAP4's pinapel grenade and when you get that one figured out let me know! I think the designe your talking about could be usefull in urban combat as well when clearing buildings room by room. Thats a grenade that i still need to make I might have to try something similer to your design.

interceptorMR2
02-08-2008, 03:30 PM
yeah im thinking more on the lines of a defensive grenade, maybe i will get the rap 4 one and try taking it apart and see how it works, then decide what to do.

slim and shady
02-08-2008, 05:21 PM
I just got the new edition of facefull today and it seems someone beat you to the stick grenade Idea. you should buy one of those now to satisfy your curiosity and see how they pulled it off. I was sure suprised when i seen it. there is alot of new ideas this morth. The MR2 is now made with eyes and a kit that makes it look like the MR3, not sure why you would want that but whatever. There is some new hoppers and pods its a good issue!

Varent212
02-08-2008, 07:07 PM
im interested in making my own grenades. would you send me the plans?

slim and shady
02-08-2008, 07:37 PM
check out the "how to thread" in the Custom Shop section of this group

interceptorMR2
02-09-2008, 10:30 AM
I just got the new edition of facefull today and it seems someone beat you to the stick grenade Idea. you should buy one of those now to satisfy your curiosity and see how they pulled it off. I was sure suprised when i seen it. there is alot of new ideas this morth. The MR2 is now made with eyes and a kit that makes it look like the MR3, not sure why you would want that but whatever. There is some new hoppers and pods its a good issue!

aw....kill my dreams why dont they....:(

slim and shady
02-09-2008, 02:40 PM
I think I may try to pick one up im a real fan of mil-sims. its just to bad that they beat you to your own idea hey! there is alot of new neet stuff coming out this year looks to be promising.

interceptorMR2
02-09-2008, 03:56 PM
yeah ill probably put that on my list of "to get's" but im still kinda bummed. you have a link or something to show me the grenade?

slim and shady
02-09-2008, 04:33 PM
you could probably go to facefulls website and try to find it i seen it in a magazine though so I dont have a link for that sorry.

slim and shady
02-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Here are some pics of the site rail I made for my MR1. It has an adjustable riser on the back to help compenasate for the aditional hight added to the site because of the need to have a raised rail.

XSiv Force
02-13-2008, 09:07 AM
that setup doesnt get in the way of the hopper?

slim and shady
02-13-2008, 05:07 PM
No it doesnt, and I dont use a hopper if it did anyway! i use a mag setup I made.

XSiv Force
02-13-2008, 05:37 PM
i remember now sorry

slim and shady
02-13-2008, 05:48 PM
hey no worries!

interceptorMR2
02-15-2008, 05:27 AM
hey s&s, im selling a bunch of old paintball stuff and a few other things and should get around 100-130 bucks or so, so I am going to start on the ghillie sometime next week. what exactly did you do for a ghillie face veil/head cover? I was thinkin maybe i could just sew a hood or something onto my BDU im going to be using, or just use some sort of hat.

slim and shady
02-15-2008, 06:40 AM
You could use a camo hat and sew the fish net to that, to be honest that was the first style that i made. The next was a compleate net that you droped overtop your mask. I personaly like that one better. the one with a hat can conflict with your mask. you just figure out where your face wil be and leave a spot for your lens so you can see still cover the bottom half though so they cant tell that it is a mask or head as esily. Take your time with the headpeice the 2 most esily spoted things for a paintball sniper is your head shoulder outline and then your hopper. It takes a wial to make but they are very well worth it. Hope this helps.

interceptorMR2
02-15-2008, 05:00 PM
oh okay, i think ill try and make a face veil or that complete net and use those. I was also wondering, when it comes to colors, are there any certain patterns i should use in color changes or just make it kinda random?

slim and shady
02-15-2008, 06:14 PM
As a rule of thumb I never make a pattern, I dunno it depends on your environment make it as natural as possible thats how you blend in take some pics and then make your colors ect and go from there i also found this for you off the Mil-sim Empire page...(i will throw it on a seperate post)

slim and shady
02-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally Written by SOL Low-Light on the MilSimOG, I am just adding it to the MilSimE and it is his info. It is good info and I would like to see it live on after the MilsimOG is no more. Thank you SOL Low-Light for the info.

Thought this might help some of you that are thinking of making your own ghille suit....Enjoy.

Ghille Suit
For this little project you are going to need the following:

€coveralls (preferably ones with a loose fit and are a dark color)

€about 5 sq. yards of burlap

€a lot of green dye

€brown dye

€scissors

€sewing needle

€strong thread

*OPTIONAL* Camo spray paint (olive drab, brown, tan, black)(available in outdoor catalogues and stores)

€and most of all...patience, this will take a while.

Step One

A)Dye about 4-1/2 sq yards of burlap green (preferably an olive drab)

B)Dye the remaining 1/2 sq yard of burlap dark brown

Step Two

Cut the burlap into 2" X 18" strips

(Keep the colors seperated)

Step Three

Tie a knot (a knot, not a bow) in the center of each strip.

Fray the strips so you have a burlap ball with lots of string hanging off. (this makes for better camo)

Step Four (this is the part that takes all the time) Take the burlap and sew them on to the coveralls. Put 8-10 stiches THROUGH THE KNOT of the burlap pieces. BE SURE TO PUT MOST OF THE BURLAP ON THE BACK AND SHOULDERS OF THE SUIT.

After this step, you should be done. Of course, add and remove the strips as you like to acheve the best look for you. And remember, the more burlap, the more your outline will be broken up (to a certain extent)

Step Five (OPTIONAL)

AT A DISTANCE spray camo paint on the suit. (use random color splotches kinda like woodland camo)LIGHTLY SPRAY, YOU DON'T WANT SOLID COLORS YOU WANT IT TO BLEND IN, NOT STAND OUT.

interceptorMR2
02-15-2008, 07:55 PM
hey thanks man, yeah im not so sure on patters but all i know is for my pine forest/highdesert area, ill need lots of brown and less dark green than brown but lots of dark green

slim and shady
02-15-2008, 08:15 PM
just take your time and expariment you will get what you want in time! glad that helped you out let me know if i can do anything else. Check out the sniping section in Mil-sim empire for alot more on the ghillie suit to. Im just new to the page but it sure would have been helpful when i was learning how to do it all.

crichton37
03-04-2008, 07:09 AM
I am working on some pump and focker conversions. Does anyone know what the thread size for the front low pressure chamber is. It looks like 3/4 but the fit is kind of tight.

SpyderMan723
03-11-2008, 05:16 AM
I am working on some pump and focker conversions.

Gaylord Focker?AKA Greg?

:D

(meet the parents)

druid
03-13-2008, 09:48 PM
I figured that since I play in a Kilt, I'd make some accent pieces to enhance my "look" in the field...lol.

Before:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/7eb1ba2d.jpg
and some 20+ hours later.........................
After:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/82e4dffc.jpg

Stitching:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/f6397992.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/50e40c5a.jpg

Triquetras:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/58d6381f.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/37c08a01.jpg

On my arm:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/d03990c8.jpg

Before anyone says it, I don't care about any "bounce" factor on gear/equipment. I play that if I'm hit, I'm out and I don't dabble in semantics about it.

Now that that's been said~~~

For anyone not knowing what they are, they are called Vambraces (forearm guards). The Romans invented them (or so they claim) but they (or similar representations) were used by just about every primitive-to-ancient-to-current- fighting force(s) on the planet.

The Celts used an all-leather version (as I have made), hardened into armor by one of 2 ways: boiling them in water or soaking them in melted wax. Historians have held the widely accepted opinion that boiling water was the most likely form of hardening the leather. I have not done this because it makes the leather chaff the skin. Originals were often lined in lamb's wool or wool cloth and it was acceptable because of the climate normal to the region. Obviously, I don't need that here in PA.

A bit of history is that for some years now, I've dabbled in creating leather hunting accessories...knife sheaths, handgun holsters and possible bags for muzzle loading.

I just spent 20+ hours on them, everything done by hand. The longest (and most difficult) part was the sewing. Getting them in the proper arc of my forearm was a pain, even though I made patterns in cardboard.

The black outer layer is 10 oz leather and the brown accent pieces are 16 oz leather. There are 2 inner layers on each Bracer for padding/anti-chaffing and each of these layers are 6-8 oz upholstery-grade leather.

I was going to harden them into true "armor" by submerging them in boiling water but I decided they are too nice to risk the dyes bleeding into each other. Instead, I'll rub some conditioner into them and then a final layer of wax to protect them.

Hoppy11
03-14-2008, 08:57 AM
I want modeling pictures!! ;)

slim and shady
03-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Thats really nice great job!

druid
03-15-2008, 08:19 PM
I want modeling pictures!! ;)

LOL...when I get the Greaves done, I'll get pics up.

Thats really nice great job!

Thanks.

extrabonez
04-05-2008, 03:43 PM
hey guys i made a stock..its not adjustable sadly.... but i think its coming along pretty well....just bolts between my stock drop forward and my trigger grip. The stock is made of 2mm thick square tubing while the butt plate is also 2mm peice of steel but has holes in it....ima put felt on it to help in cold weather and just to feel better. i dont got pics right now ill try and get some one i weld, paint, then felt it k?

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 04:39 PM
look forward to it and welcome to the forums

extrabonez
04-10-2008, 04:04 PM
hey guys sorry bout the measurements on my stock but its 1/8 gauge square steel tubing for the main stock then the butt plate is 1/8 gauge steel but im trying to find my camera atm and will get back fast as possible.

extrabonez
04-10-2008, 04:23 PM
ok ima use my old freewebs acc and add em from there....i also desert cam painted my eggy 3 and i made a ghille headpiece with strands of rope and covered my barrel in some of it too

this link should work its got 5 pics in it

http://www.freewebs.com/extrabonezrenegadesite/apps/photos/album.jsp?albumID=450684

and yes those are zip ties.

i also took some rope and spread it out better and used some to tie it but i changed my way ill do it... ill keep spme rope on hand but i used an old golf ball bag that had holes so i can put rope in there then put vegetation or whatever the place has into it to make it blend in better

DFSniper
04-18-2008, 07:49 PM
well, i was looking for a ping pong ball smoke grenade video, but i couldnt find the one i was looking for. i found this instead:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GviK0fm9U3I&feature=related

slim and shady
04-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Good Job Bones they all look great. And thanks for the link DF just what I was lookin for but now I have to find out how to make the smoke mixture! wouldnt have a link for that would you? LOL!

DFSniper
04-19-2008, 03:33 AM
he has a link for it in the description.

slim and shady
04-19-2008, 06:39 AM
yup found it and took the time to watch it too. These actually look pretty decent I think I may try making a few for our urban assault games.

cyberthrasher_706
04-19-2008, 04:24 PM
well, i was looking for a ping pong ball smoke grenade video, but i couldnt find the one i was looking for.

Is this the one you were looking for. I really like them, and I found a case of like 36 ping pong balls at wally world so I could really stock up. I do have to say, make sure you have some patience when you sit down to do it. My hands started getting pretty cramped the first time.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/387831/smoke_bombs/ (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/387831/smoke_bombs/)

DFSniper
04-19-2008, 04:25 PM
it says that the video has been removed. :(

slim and shady
04-19-2008, 04:28 PM
same resaults hope you can find a new one!

cyberthrasher_706
04-19-2008, 04:39 PM
yeah, I'll go look. I pulled that one out of my email. hold on

cyberthrasher_706
04-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Please do not post how to's on smoke grenades or any other products that have chemicals considered dangerous.

slim and shady
04-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the vid i think i like the colored smoke better though it makes more of it. But both are worth trying

interceptorMR2
04-20-2008, 06:02 AM
hey bonez, the makeshift mask ghillie is sick lookin, im sure that blends in perfectly

cyberthrasher_706
04-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the vid i think i like the colored smoke better though it makes more of it. But both are worth trying
Yeah, I have to agree. I had never seen it before. I really like that it's a pull pin too. Now I just have to find a pot to make it in so my wife doesn't kill me for destroying her good dishes.

If any one tries out those pre-mixed kits from that link I posted make sure to let us know how they work.

slim and shady
04-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I have to agree. I had never seen it before. I really like that it's a pull pin too. Now I just have to find a pot to make it in so my wife doesn't kill me for destroying her good dishes.

If any one tries out those pre-mixed kits from that link I posted make sure to let us know how they work.

I actually went to order some yesterday then i seen the writing in bold red "We do not ship internationaly" That counts me out. To bad to i thought that was a great resorse link for us do it yourselfers.

cyberthrasher_706
04-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Man, that sucks. Maybe once I get a start on this essay I'm supposed to be writing right now ( I know, I'm doing such a great job at it) I'll go look for some Canadian resources, since I know we have alot of Canadians here.

slim and shady
04-20-2008, 11:47 AM
That would be great we all would appreciate it, and good luck with your Essay

cyberthrasher_706
04-20-2008, 01:36 PM
I couldn't find anything as specific as that one. I did type in "potassium Nitrate" on ebay and found tons of hits, including some from pyrotechnics suppliers. They were like 5lb bags for $4. I think I should try to find an additive to put in to supress the flames. I play in a wooded area and would hate to start something ablaze.

slim and shady
04-20-2008, 03:29 PM
I couldn't find anything as specific as that one. I did type in "potassium Nitrate" on ebay and found tons of hits, including some from pyrotechnics suppliers. They were like 5lb bags for $4. I think I should try to find an additive to put in to supress the flames. I play in a wooded area and would hate to start something ablaze.

I will second that I am a certified "Wildfire" fighter and it is no joke when the forest catches on fire. I think i would only use mine for urban assault on cement floors where I was sure nothing would catch fire. I sure would like to make a few though i think that it would be a huge advantage. Question though, how toxic would that stuff be to breath in? I mean no one wants to casue harm to anyone else playin you know? Has anyone heard anything negative about using it?

XSiv Force
04-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Potassium Nitrate is Not toxic......Potassium is found in bannanas (think i spelled that right....how does the song go?) which are edible and you actually breath in Nitrogen, but depending on the consentration of the chemical will give you certain levels of irritation if any....ill see if i can find the actual chemical makeup of the chemical

DFSniper
04-20-2008, 04:53 PM
KNO3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium_nitrate

XSiv Force
04-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Thats not what i meant i mean KNO3 could actually be the general form of K2N2O6
what they show does not necesarrily mean what it comes out as......molecules, chemistry and such......

slim and shady
04-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Thats not what i meant i mean KNO3 could actually be the general form of K2N2O6
what they show does not necesarrily mean what it comes out as......molecules, chemistry and such......

LOL its statments like this that show me just how bad I screwed around those years back in school. I hope your findings are all positive because I really wanna make that. It would be ideal pull pin and the whole nine yards!

XSiv Force
04-20-2008, 05:29 PM
No it is not toxic....unless you decide to sit in the middle of the smoke and breath it rapidly....even then not really

slim and shady
04-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Great so if I toss this into a small room no one is gonna get gased! thats all I need to know thanks

cyberthrasher_706
04-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Though not home-made (and slightly on the spendy side) these might be a safe alternative for woodsball use.
http://www.evhill.com/products/White_Smoke.htm (http://www.evhill.com/products/White_Smoke.htm)

I think a larger quantity of baking soda may be the key to the KNO3 smoke bomb, as well as using pyrotechnic grade potassium nitrate, which seems to have additives in it already to suppress flames. It's something I'll have to test out when I have a chance. If anyone else has a chance to test it with either of these options be sure to let us know.

DFSniper
04-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Though not home-made (and slightly on the spendy side) these might be a safe alternative for woodsball use.
http://www.evhill.com/products/White_Smoke.htm (http://www.evhill.com/products/White_Smoke.htm)

yeah, $4 a pop is a little on the spendy side. because i wanna be able to spam smoke :D

cyberthrasher_706
04-20-2008, 09:08 PM
yeah, I'm going to look into how they're made.

slim and shady
04-21-2008, 07:04 AM
That would be great another useful product. I think they are a little pricy though. and i like the idea of a pull pin better rather than having to try to light something on fire.

cyberthrasher_706
04-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Well, here's my thoughts. If we could develop the mixture, it would be simple enough to use a slimmed down version of the pull pin from the KNO3 bomb. I say slimmed down since the point in figuring this out is to limit as much as possible any flame involved. On the Safe-Vue page they have a link to info sheets, basically safety info, that lists what they are made of. Since that's a proprietary mixture I looked around and found that there are other smoke testing candles on the market which may be made of something else ( I still have to research it) that's more easily attainable. An ebay search did bring up some cheaper alternatives. Maybe I should pull out an old chemistry book. I spent the night as I was falling asleep contemplating the options.

slim and shady
04-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Cant wait to see what you come up with

extrabonez
04-21-2008, 05:02 PM
yea i want to make the match striker pull ring smoke grenade because those look pretty cool but i gotta get supplies and ive got projects to work on lol....(shoulder pad kinda things with holes to put the same rope as i put into my mask and a .50 looking clamp on muzzle brake for my stock barrel). and shady and interceptor thx for the compliments :D first time i used mask it worked great, got kinda hot though, but i stalked a guy and he stared right at me for a bit and didnt even know lol then i got him right in the butt....i know a cheap shot but he had a grenade about to be thrown at my only teammate lol

DFSniper
04-21-2008, 05:12 PM
"alls fair in love and paintball..."

slim and shady
04-21-2008, 06:21 PM
yea i want to make the match striker pull ring smoke grenade because those look pretty cool but i gotta get supplies and ive got projects to work on lol....(shoulder pad kinda things with holes to put the same rope as i put into my mask and a .50 looking clamp on muzzle brake for my stock barrel). and shady and interceptor thx for the compliments :D first time i used mask it worked great, got kinda hot though, but i stalked a guy and he stared right at me for a bit and didnt even know lol then i got him right in the butt....i know a cheap shot but he had a grenade about to be thrown at my only teammate lol

Why dont you buy a rair of olive drab or brown coveralls instead of shoulderpads and use those as the "Skelton" of your ghillie suit? They turn out real nice easy to take off keeps your clothes underneith paint free! Just an Idea

extrabonez
04-21-2008, 06:33 PM
yea i would do it the way your doing it but i just dont have the time right now between school and stuff but i probally will spend alot of time doing that when i get the time during the summer or winter. but yea that would be good right now and the reason i was doing that is because my dad told me he read somewhere the rope that i use you cant focus with depth perception and all on the strands or something like that to break up shoulder/head outline a bit more, but yea i also use my dads old marine corps woodland and desert camo so paint doesnt matter too much to me....but then again the rope pulls out easy the way i do it lol so yea thats a thought

for those of you dont know what im talking about with that .50 caliber sniper rifle muzzle brake is this is one on the many types they have but its a side view
http://www.tonyrogers.com/images/weapons/barrettm82a1_04_450px.jpg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/infantry/rifle/M107/M107.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/infantry/rifle/M107.html&h=350&w=700&sz=16&hl=en&start=18&sig2=EOQTv5-Y7SmlEYB7qL55LQ&tbnid=EhVV3Yo4oCds1M:&tbnh=70&tbnw=140&ei=HlANSIyHHJCeiwGno-n7Ag&prev=/images%3Fq%3D.50%2Bcaliber%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/infantry/rifle/M107/M107.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/infantry/rifle/M107.html&h=350&w=700&sz=16&hl=en&start=18&sig2=EOQTv5-Y7SmlEYB7qL55LQ&tbnid=EhVV3Yo4oCds1M:&tbnh=70&tbnw=140&ei=HlANSIyHHJCeiwGno-n7Ag&prev=/images%3Fq%3D.50%2Bcaliber%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den)

that one tells alot about specs and has good pics of a .50 caliber sniper rifle if anyone ever wanted to try to make a paintball mod out of one of those beasts lol

hey just a tip...never look up .50 caliber on google...thats just nasty what they do lol

slim and shady
04-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Well Im hoping my wife gets a chance to grab some slat petter today then when i get a chance im gonna make the smoke grenade DF posted up here I will let you all know how it turns out.

If it works ok im going to build them large enough to fit in my EGL-47 with a 60 yard peice of string on it so when i shot it and it hits the end of the string it will pull the pin and blanket the area in smoke. My luckk the smoke will be because the grenade landed in dry grass and cought fire but what the heck hey! :rolleyes: (For the record this last bit is extreamly sarcastic and something I would never try to do!)

DFSniper
04-23-2008, 06:59 PM
that would be awesome!

pics of my hammer's feed tube:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/Paintball%20Customizing/SANY0033.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/Paintball%20Customizing/SANY0031.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/Paintball%20Customizing/SANY0035.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/Paintball%20Customizing/SANY0037.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/Paintball%20Customizing/SANY0034.jpg

cyberthrasher_706
04-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Well Im hoping my wife gets a chance to grab some slat petter today then when i get a chance im gonna make the smoke grenade DF posted up here I will let you all know how it turns out.

You should keep in mind the fire concerns for me. Maybe try the extra baking soda. The recipe calls for 1 part baking soda with a 6 part batch of salt peter so I was thinking of trying 2 parts. I still have to find a pan to use that my wife won't kill me for.

slim and shady
04-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Looks good DF its to bad a guy couldnt find the right springs then you could use a 90* elbow ans have your tub flat wial still having it feed good.

Cyber I couldnt get the salt petter today where my wife went they didnt have any but I will get it within the next few days and then expariment with it and see what i can come up with.

DFSniper
04-23-2008, 07:14 PM
check the dollar stores!

slim and shady
04-23-2008, 07:17 PM
They have light enough springs?

DFSniper
04-23-2008, 07:29 PM
no, for cheap pots and pans.

slim and shady
04-23-2008, 07:31 PM
LOL here I thought it was a solution to my problem......Pots and pans.....

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 07:39 PM
pots and pans to beat the other players with....works when clearing a room

cyberthrasher_706
04-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Hey DF, I just had an idea for your spring problem. I don't know how heavy of one you need but, Some slightly older instrument cables (the 1/4" kind) had springs at each end to allow for flex at the joints, in place of the rubber they have on them now. It is a little light but might do the trick for what you want. You could probably find one at a pawn shop if you looked. I might even have some, I'll have to check tomorrow or something. I just don't know how much force you need. I'll keep my mind open to other stuff that has springs in it.

Oh, Maybe stretched brake springs??

slim and shady
04-24-2008, 02:36 PM
streached break springs would be way to stiff

XSiv Force
04-24-2008, 02:38 PM
i do sort of agree with using the instrument springs, but instead of buying an instrument just buy a spring from a music store for about 5.....my trumpets springs would work if they were longer

cyberthrasher_706
04-24-2008, 06:14 PM
i do sort of agree with using the instrument springs, but instead of buying an instrument just buy a spring from a music store for about 5.....my trumpets springs would work if they were longer
Uhhmmm, I said instrument cable, like a guitar cable. That would be dumb to go buy an entire instrument just for the springs.:D

streached break springs would be way to stiff
I was thinking along the lines of caliper springs, with the hooked ends. I have some in my tool box from an old 80's datsun, but I'm not a mechanic so I don't know exactly what they're called. I just know I got them off of the breaks. I was also just thinking about the door stops I have in my apartment. They're long tight springs, about 4" long as they are but they could easily be stretched out to lengthen them and that would also make them light enough to use.

Twaaaannnnnngggggg. My cat likes to play with them.

XSiv Force
04-24-2008, 06:16 PM
those are still very stiff

cyberthrasher_706
04-24-2008, 06:27 PM
what, the caliper springs ( or whatever they're called). Yeah, I wasn't sure but there's alot of different springs out there that could be stretched to work, we just gotta figure out which ones.

slim and shady
04-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Hope we come up with something cuz i only got 3 springs and 11 mags! LOL

Zee
05-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Dont know if this was already posted but I found a great how-to video for grenades.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J0cpPhOYv_s&feature=related

XSiv Force
05-07-2008, 10:19 AM
the little pvc would probably fall off on me

Zee
05-07-2008, 11:07 AM
You could put just a little bit of tape from the cap to the tube so that it wouldnt open while running. Then when you're ready to use it, pull the tape off (like a pin in a grenade) and let her go.

Zee
05-09-2008, 09:43 PM
I found a great site with instructions on how to build grenades, mines, launchers, mock supressors etc. Check it out.

http://www.freepaintballplans.com/links/index.htm

slim and shady
05-10-2008, 07:17 AM
Hey great link thanks for throwing that up.

DFSniper
05-10-2008, 07:44 AM
I found a great site with instructions on how to build grenades, mines, launchers, mock supressors etc. Check it out.

http://www.freepaintballplans.com/links/index.htm

i like this guy! :D :up::up:

cyberthrasher_706
05-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Did anyone ever find a good solution to the spring question?? If not, I was talking to a buddy of mine and telling him how to make one. anyway, how about the spiral from a spiral notebook, it's pretty lightweight and long enough. I may work on that this next weekend, helping him out.

XSiv Force
05-12-2008, 01:22 PM
problem with those is they tend to bend when compressed so that is the issue

Zee
05-12-2008, 01:33 PM
I built a prototype trip mine yesterday that uses the latex tube grenade as the device and PVC pipe as the housing. Did field testing and it works great and is easy to make. I'll post pics of the proto either today or tomorow and then the finished product in a week.

Zee
05-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Also I'm sure most of you have heard and even read through the paintball cookbook. If you haven't, I have a PDF copy of it and be happy to email it out.

DFSniper
05-12-2008, 03:04 PM
i'll take one. dfsniper@gmail.com

problem with those is they tend to bend when compressed so that is the issue

yeah, you would need some slightly smaller than your feed tube. a 5 section notebook might work though...

Zee
05-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Just finished. Let me know waht you think.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7/mine004yr6.th.jpg (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mine004yr6.jpg)

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4199/mine007rn2.th.jpg (http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mine007rn2.jpg)

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7008/mine006ne4.th.jpg (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mine006ne4.jpg)

Any ideas for folding legs?

DFSniper
05-12-2008, 04:24 PM
try getting a cheap rifle bipod and mount it to the pvc.

wow, that cookbook is amazing! and i thought that i came up with some ghetto home mods... if i get the chance, i may try and upload it somewhere for those people that don't want to give out their e-mail addresses. or just catch me on AIM and i can send the files.

cyberthrasher_706
05-12-2008, 04:39 PM
I'll take an email copy of it. anm607@gmail.com

Zee
05-12-2008, 04:53 PM
The legs need to be ground petrating....like a claymore mine. Otherwise the trip wire will pull the mine. I'm just thinking about it being practical in the field...you dont want 6 inch spikes sticking out of it while your running.

DFSniper
05-12-2008, 05:00 PM
http://store.a51tactical.com/images/pm126b_good.jpg

just take the feet off and it should work. most extending bipods go to about 9"

slim and shady
05-12-2008, 05:11 PM
If you wouldnt mind Zee I would like a copy as well slim_and_shady3000@yahoo.com
thanks

extrabonez
05-12-2008, 05:33 PM
hey zee could i get a copy too

any1 feel free to email me about anything else just dont spam lol

extrabonez@msn.com

Zee
05-12-2008, 05:35 PM
How much is that bipod?

And ya, no problem guys.

Zee
05-12-2008, 05:38 PM
I found a self closing hinge at homedepot.ca, I could prolly mod it and tac-weld spikes to it. Only 4 bucks for the hinge.

deano 177
05-14-2008, 05:05 AM
Hit me with that cookbook please. jonesdeand@msn.com

slim and shady
07-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Interceptor did you ever find a way to make the german stick grenade that you were planing too?

interceptorMR2
07-17-2008, 06:41 AM
no, i havent had the money nor the time, i would really love to do that, but recently i've had school, lacrosse camps to deal with, and family trips. My dad is going to start up an outdoor furniture business so the family gets more money (he works with mortgages, which is pretty self explanatory on how much money he makes...) and I'll be working with him on that, so money wont be a problem. Im also a little distracted with trying to get my marker fixed, Im just missing one part that I can probably get at radio shack, but if that doesnt work then Ill just buy a new board. Im still trying to think of a good way for the paint to come out on impact, like maybe pumping air pressure into a chamber and then on impact it goes off or something, I dont want it to end up like a squadbuster grenade...

slim and shady
07-17-2008, 06:58 AM
If I get time I may try to rough out a design i have an idea just got to see if it wil work.

hoodtrix
08-20-2008, 08:37 AM
anyone have the most current cookbook? email me please
Hoodtrix@gamil.com

Kunithrayin
08-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Ok I finnaly got image hosting to work. Here's my MR1 with homemade assault barrier
http://www.freepicturehosting.com//is.php?i=648996&img=DSCN0561.JPG

http://www.freepicturehosting.com//is.php?i=648997&img=DSCN0563.JPG

Kunithrayin
08-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Hey Zee can I get a copy of tha cookbook? Kunithrayin@gmail.com

interceptorMR2
08-23-2008, 08:16 PM
I finally ordered myself a ghillie kit (it was cheaper and easier than the cost of the supplies I needed such as jute twine in my town, tourist towns suck with prices) and it should be here in a few days, I also got myself some shoe goo, I hope to make and finish my ghillie before a big game my friends and I are going to hold soon. I'll post some pics up when I get finished. I am using some extra net and an extra 2 lbs of jute twine I bought to make myself a ghillie hood out of a boonie hat too. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I would go about making my own rifle rag?

slim and shady
08-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Mine are all the same you have a long skinny peice of netting with an elastick at each end. then tie your burlap to the net. I bought one once and it was done the same way I based all of my designs off of that one.

interceptorMR2
08-24-2008, 12:06 PM
oh okay cool, I can't wait to put this thing together, lets just hope it gets here soon...

slim and shady
08-24-2008, 03:02 PM
take your time with it, no sceance rushing it. make sure you get it where it is the most value to you.

interceptorMR2
08-24-2008, 06:16 PM
yeah I don't plan on screwing it up so I'm gonna go nice n' slow, relatively speaking. I will probably be working on it alot just because I have nothing better to do, so it will get done fairly quick. My area is somewhat difficult to mimic since the ground has alot of dead pine needles and brown or tan grass, but when standing up straight it has vibrant green poderosas. I'll be using alot of natural tan and brown and less greens, but still some.

interceptorMR2
08-28-2008, 08:29 PM
allright I got it today, I spent quite a while on it, at least several hours, and I'm not even close to finishing, but thats okay I expected to take a long time to finish. The funny thing is the sheet says I can finish it in roughly 6-7 hours if I tie one knot at least every 7 or so seconds, and even though I tie my knots faster than that, I'm nowhere close to finishing. I'm very excited to get this thing done :D

druid
08-29-2008, 12:33 AM
ping pong ball smoke grenades - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uC3cdPvAqk

More:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFtv-Wh2x3Y

and what "spring" are you looking for and for what? A stick hopper? Try here http://www.leespring.com/int_learn_lite_pressure.asp

or here: http://compressionsprings.net/compression.asp

slim and shady
08-29-2008, 04:20 PM
That is perfect druid thanks i may be able to finish my stick mags after all! (I have 11 and only could ever find 3 springs even after extensive looking) Alot have people have asked for a site like that (bottom link) should help alot great post.

druid
08-29-2008, 08:29 PM
No problem bud. Ask and ye shall receive......lol.

slim and shady
08-29-2008, 08:52 PM
I want a new pump marker! prefurebly free ;)

Kunithrayin
09-11-2008, 02:15 PM
I just had this idea earlier today and want to know what you think.

White trash speed feed (not good enough to be called ghetto so...)

A parmesan cheese container lid! It does fit in my grav hopper and it looks pretty good and it will probably work I just haven't tested it. It's got that big door on it for pouring the cheese so you can feed through there and then it will close most of the way back by itself which should block the paint from coming back out. not tested

If anyone doesn't know what that looks like I can post pics just ask.

extrabonez
11-23-2008, 08:32 AM
has anyone started any cool mods this winter yet? ive been trying to get my self the materials to make a ghille or something but need to just get the cash for it lol. i remember seeing shady's on here and i liked it...but yeah..any cool mods started or wanting to start this winter for winter or next year?

slim and shady
11-23-2008, 09:10 AM
plan on starting the tank soon

interceptorMR2
11-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Okay so I've finally decided to do something this tg break, so I found some scrap wood my dad didn't care for and decided I would use it to creat a magazine, maybe my AK-47 front sight, and maybe even those pvc pipe magazine holsters I talked about way back.

Heres my problem. I have no way of securing any of these pieces of wood to my actual marker. I have no idea how I would do it. Anyone have any ideas? I dont have any tools that can tap a screw hole into the wood, which would enable me to use some older allen screws. I pretty much have nothing to use that would make them secure like most other items would. for the dragunov mag Im making, I might have to actually extend a piece that goes up and around the top of the marker, but that would look like crap... and the sight, well, I have no idea how I'm gonna do that. I guess i could try to find some a really small bolt and see if that works... Most I've seen have a small hole at the bottom for a screw where it just tightens and clamps onto a barrel, kind of like how a feedneck would. I have a few ideas for the pvc pipe magazine holsters that would likely work, but if anyone has any ideas of securing the magazine to the marker and the sight to the barrel, I'm all ears. Just a little background info on my air setup, I did the same thing kingtutballer did with his air when he made his wooden shroud. My remote coil goes directly into the marker, no drop forward or steel line. Just thought id put that out there in case some ideas would conflict with that...

EDIT: Foundan idea for the mag, im going to try to extend a part of the mag upestf so that it goes up a around that small plug that sticks out when you take off the MR2 shroud. After that Ill cut a bit off of the bottom (horizontally) from my plastic airsoft shroud I'm using as the dragunov handguard so that the extended piece fits through.

extrabonez
11-24-2008, 04:05 PM
sounds pretty sweet u guys cant wait to the finished projects...i really gotta start mine soon too lol

interceptorMR2
11-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Okay I just finished up with my mag and shroud for my "tac-dragunov" project. I still need to get a longer barrel and an AK sight, but that will come, hopefully in the not too distant future. Here's some pics of the finished product, one picture with the unfinished shroud and no mag, and one picture of the mag and shroud before they were spray painted, and the mag wasn't quite complete. Hope you guys like it. Oh and I also ended up cutting part of the shroud off in the back, it was so long to the point where it was very difficult unscrewing the barrel later.

Before:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd137/interceptormr2/DSCN2374.jpg
During:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd137/interceptormr2/DSCN2619.jpg
After:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd137/interceptormr2/101_2571.jpg
Close up:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd137/interceptormr2/101_2575.jpg

I plan on making a better magazine once we get a drill press, but this will do for now.

DFSniper
11-26-2008, 03:05 PM
wow, that looks really good. need to paint the screw heads black though!

i wish i could find my friends old m4 mag so that i could gut it and put it on my mr1, because i dont want to spend $15 on a mag.

interceptorMR2
11-26-2008, 03:10 PM
yeah I forgot to do the screw heads, I'll do that tomorrow though, I'm tired.
I decided I wasn't going to buy a mag since we just finished setting up our woodshop, so I figured, hey, if we have some scrap wood, i could just make one for free. I'll probably end up making a better one once we get a drill press though, mine got kind of scratched up in the process.

DFSniper
11-26-2008, 03:29 PM
heres a tip, use black nail polish on the screws. it'll be a lot faster than spray paint, and it wont flake off.

interceptorMR2
11-26-2008, 03:31 PM
I may do that in the future, but for now I'll just use black spray paint. My dad made my sister throw out her black nail polish cause he hates "that goth ****" lol. I'll probably get some sooner or later though.

DFSniper
11-26-2008, 03:52 PM
yeah, i picked up some black and red for about $.75 each to touch up the nicks on my anno. i need to pick up a blue one for my timmy because one side is all jacked up.

TheDarkShadow
11-26-2008, 06:25 PM
looks good

interceptorMR2
11-27-2008, 11:04 AM
thanks

extrabonez
11-28-2008, 03:02 AM
looks pretty good dude, cant wait to see the completely finished product

irishwarrior
12-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Lookin' good Interceptor!

interceptorMR2
12-06-2008, 01:09 PM
thanks man, depending on whether we get any snow this year, I'm hoping to get a 20" or so barrel and an ak-47 front sight soon here, I may end up making the ak sight on my own though...

buffblackbird2002
02-06-2009, 01:09 AM
ok i did not see this on here so im gonna post it. i cannot claim this as my own idea as i overheard it at a local paintball shop. But instead of buying a sometimes pricey speed-feed for your hopper, buy a rubber garbage disposal guard/cover that you see in 90-99% of kitchen sinks for about 2-4 dollars from almost any hardware store. the person says they run a little small sometimes so heat up the rubber with a blow dryer to soften the rubber and stretch it around the hopper opening. if it runs a little big. cut a slice out of the piece like you would a pizza and use a hose clamp to hold it on. i think that is all he said about it. hope it works, i have yet to try it but plan to. have not gotten into town besides work. no free time with two young ones to take care of.

TheDarkShadow
02-08-2009, 07:17 AM
Vikingshadow made on of those before, it looked pretty good

pntballer5634
03-03-2009, 12:55 PM
my g36c mr1
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww246/pntballer5634/downsized_0302091032a.jpg

slim and shady
03-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Looks great!

pntballer5634
03-03-2009, 03:28 PM
thanx. it took a while, lol, like 5 hours, do you know any one who's interested in buying something like this?

interceptorMR2
10-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Okay, so this is one of the few days that I've actually had time to work on my ghillie suit that I started nearly a year ago, and I'm not too far... about shoulder height. I was originally planning on making this a full body suit, but now I am wondering at this point, is it really necessary for me to go all the way down the front of the ghillie suit? Considering a tend to do a lot of creeping and crawling, like most snipers, do I really need a front of the ghillie suit or should I just stick to finishing up the shoulders, the hood, and the chest? I'm afraid If I do actually go through with the whole front of the ghillie suit, I may end up tearing it up anyways from all the crawling I do. What do you guys think?

*F~E~A~R*
11-03-2009, 08:52 PM
http://paintballsilencer.tripod.com/ hey i dont know how legal this is but it aparently works try this out also could you use a small flash powder charge and put that in the center of some paintballs hot glued togeather and set it up on a fuse ?

slim and shady
11-19-2009, 05:53 PM
ummm anything using a fuse or explosives doesnt belong in THIS SPORT the idea of paintball is good clean fun not hurting people. Also the use of anything that creates extream heat of flame is probably a bad idea as well wildfires are no joke and alot esier to light then you may think.

I would asume that you are playing outlaw ball and not on a actual paintball feild, there is nothing wrong with that. Just keep in mind safty is first, you only have 2 eyes so chrono your markers (buy a cheep handheld they work) and dont use anything that isnt ment for the sport. Im all for finding new ways to make land mines, launchers ect. But it has to be 100% without a doubt safe. Just keep it in mind.

*F~E~A~R*
11-21-2009, 02:00 PM
ok the silencer i just built works pretty well as i dont play on fields that much im going to use it with my friends... but ow do you keep it constatly lonned up?
because the problem i have the paintballs will explode if they even lighly tap the side wall

also i came up with a nade launcher bassed off the "blooper" ill send you some stuff on facebook (you jsut added me) aidan mcmuffin

slim and shady
11-21-2009, 10:09 PM
you bet. I use set screws drilled and tapped into the metal shroud

bigred76
11-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Shawn, dont give the twerp any ideas that will cause his father and i a couple headaches.

slim and shady
11-22-2009, 07:06 AM
LOL thats reason enough for me to tell him all I know ;)

*F~E~A~R*
11-22-2009, 09:42 AM
what matt hes in hong kong the shop is mine :p

bigred76
11-22-2009, 09:50 AM
It's not like that's a whole lot. ;)

Also, lose the foregrip little man. It doesn't look good and will actually hurt the functionality of the marker.

*F~E~A~R*
11-22-2009, 01:07 PM
how no it wont its much more comfotable

silentsniper
12-13-2009, 02:09 PM
this is old ik but i have the same problem to:mad: , my mr1 works fine though:)

silentsniper
12-15-2009, 12:36 PM
hey i konw this is old but i would like a copy to norco_20_luke@hotmail.com

silentsniper
12-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Okay I just finished up with my mag and shroud for my "tac-dragunov" project. I still need to get a longer barrel and an AK sight, but that will come, hopefully in the not too distant future. Here's some pics of the finished product, one picture with the unfinished shroud and no mag, and one picture of the mag and shroud before they were spray painted, and the mag wasn't quite complete. Hope you guys like it. Oh and I also ended up cutting part of the shroud off in the back, it was so long to the point where it was very difficult unscrewing the barrel later.

Before:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd137/interceptormr2/DSCN2374.jpg
During:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd137/interceptormr2/DSCN2619.jpg
After:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd137/interceptormr2/101_2571.jpg
Close up:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd137/interceptormr2/101_2575.jpg

I plan on making a better magazine once we get a drill press, but this will do for now.

howd you make that mag

rootmister4
02-02-2010, 04:20 PM
where did u get g36 stuff for that

slim and shady
02-03-2010, 05:23 PM
looks like part of an airsoft gun.

05XXTRAA
02-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Anything new on the ping pong ball smoke grenades is it safe to use?

slim and shady
02-15-2010, 07:05 PM
anything that uses open flame is a safty risk there are alot of home smoke grenades, in my experiance I say spend the 8$ agrenade and get the proper ones.

johannW
12-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Anything new on the ping pong ball smoke grenades is it safe to use?

i would say leave the ping pong smoke grenade as a neat party trick :) there are other types of flameless smoke grenades though.