PDA

View Full Version : Any other hobbies?

vikingshadow
11-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Well, I just inherited a (supposedly) 40 gallon aquarium that was leaking a bit. I've had fish almost my whole life, so the teacher just gave me the tank, along with the filter, gravel, plant, and everything else along with some fish. Unfortunately, the leak was bigger than I thought so I had to totally remove the bottom glass and redo it. I won't be able to test it until Sunday, so cross your fingers! Anyway, I've always had fish tanks around my house and in my classrooms, or in my various offices throughout my life, so what's one more tank, huh? Oh, and the tank turned out to be a 30 gallon tank instead, but it's still big!

Anyway, it seems that I'm trying to fill my life with extra hobbies. Lately, I've taken up RC Airplanes. Been practicing on a GWS FMS flight simulator and looking to save a bit of my for a Hobbyzone Super Cub Trainer soon. Pretty cool stuff! I have an Estes ROG Flight trainer, that's really just a toy that's two channel, but it's still fun.

Add to that paintball, golf, playing video games, reading, writing and internet surfing, collecting baseball cards and comic books (I know, I've done it for years, though!) another hobby is all I need! So, what extra hobbies do you guys have?

VS3 Sniper
11-23-2007, 03:57 PM
I enjoy skateboarding, snowboarding, being a gun whore :), playing video games, reading, and playing golf. Thats about all I can think of right now but I'm sure there are more.

oldironmudder
11-23-2007, 03:58 PM
1973-1979 Ford trucks & 1978-1979- Broncos 4 trucks & 1 Bronco plus my '90 model.

Paintball, model cars/trucks, turning wrenchs(current job), making random stuff, board games (Axis & Allies), hunting....... theres more but I cant think of all of them.

marvin-martian
11-23-2007, 04:00 PM
i enjoy the occasional pillaging

The Pumper
11-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Beer pong is my only hobby. I'm a paintball wannabe. :dodgy:
:p

I dont have too many hobbies. I like to play videogames, pb, hacky sack is pretty big in my life although im a fatty. I'm a decent hackysack'er :p

kidonfire
11-23-2007, 04:17 PM
paintball, RC planes/helicopters, video games (mainly Guitar Hero), Bass, pool, ping-pong, and football.
I'm really good at lazing around the house and wathching TV to. :)

DFSniper
11-23-2007, 04:17 PM
eh, with no money and no way to get around, i dont do much. i used to skateboard a lot, play a lot of video games (FPS, RTS, need for speed, RPG, final fantasy), and i used to be big on legos. right now i want to go hunting, but probably wont happen this year. i love CARS!!!! mostly older muscle cars and some exotics, but im starting to like tuners more and more. i wish i had the mechanical know-how to work on em... i play guitar or bass occasionally but im not really into it. i spend most of my time messing with paintball stuff or listening to music. i would die without my tunes... i keep my stereo and/or my windows media player on at all times.

paintballkid0206
11-23-2007, 04:25 PM
ok here we go. there's hunting, fishing, football, track, baseball, track, soccer, wrestling, woodburning, taking stuff apart, videogames, talking on the phone, listening to music, and gawking at older dodge chargers (lol). i'm a pretty busy guy. add homework including 3 advanced classes and you've got a kid that has his hands full.

Critical
11-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Does staring at women count as a hobby?

Hoppy11
11-23-2007, 05:25 PM
I absolutely live and breath slalom skiing. Also really love golf, snowboarding, down hill skiing, wakesurfing, and snowmobiling. Basically just summed up my life except for school... and girls.

calebh
11-23-2007, 06:57 PM
i enjoy calculating the odds that the hot chick in my stats class will date me.

but seriously, music is pretty much my life. i play trombone, guitar, and bass guitar. also, i used to be big into computers, but when technology started doubling in power every 18 months, i stopped keeping up with everything new. i still enjoy messing with technology, though.

as for paintball, i still play when i get a chance. poor college student with no car = no paintball. i've considered selling off most of my gear and buying a phantom or other pump to keep playing costs down, but i love my mag too much to do that. so i'm stuck until i scratch together enough to buy a phantom.

badlandsrox
11-23-2007, 07:03 PM
hmm, lets see, there is...

Guitar, ATV, Flying Airplanes, Flying R/C Airplanes, MSFS, Skiing, Waterskiing, Wakeboard, Boating, Fishing, Scuba, Official Hot Women in Bikini Spotter, Gee-tar Hero, Snowmobiling, Dirtbiking, Golf, Hockey, Bein a Secret AAAAAGGGGEEEENNNNTTTT man, Plane spotting, Paintball, (Almost) Anything to do with snow, Computer stuff, Music Stuff, Apparently im a really good stalker, and theres more, but i kinda felt like ending it there, cuz im cool like that.

Hoppy11
11-23-2007, 07:03 PM
i enjoy calculating the odds that the hot chick in my stats class will date me.

Thats a short calculation isn't it?

The Pumper
11-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Thats a short calculation isn't it?And the pitch is thrown..

Which mod has the wooden bat this time. :p

Just messing.

As well as calebh, I enjoy doing stuff on the computer. Playing games, messing with programs, etc etc.

pinkanese
11-23-2007, 07:07 PM
and i used to be big on legos.
Heck yes go legos!

lets see, besides trying my hand at almost every Spyder hybrid conceiveable, hacking iPods, surfin' the Net, used to play golf kinda gave up on it, shufle board, pool, girls are pretty high on the list, reading yes I read, and is sleeping a hobbie?

DFSniper
11-23-2007, 07:08 PM
same here about the computer stuff. i refuse to buy a pre-built computer anymore... i almost decided to get a degree in computer maintenance, but i hate circuitry (half the classes are on circuitry for an associates degree...)

SupaSnipa
11-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Well besides paintball, I enjoy a variety of things like..........Snowboard, Riding my quad, Hunting, Computer Gaming *BTW: Call of Duty 4 is TOTALLY BA!*, Hockey, Football

wylde01
11-24-2007, 04:27 PM
i have a few other hobbies other then paintball. im a drummer, video game fanatic, and the girlfriend is a major time consumer!! theres more i just cant think of them and watch football at the same time right now.

Maxx-Damage
11-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Other than paintball i enjoy rc trucks(Traxxas T-maxx), mountain biking, gaming, airsoft occasionally, building stuff, listening to music, avoiding drama, and long walks on the beach.:)

HelpDeskHustler
11-24-2007, 04:46 PM
video games; theoretical science; philosophy

interceptorMR2
11-24-2007, 04:48 PM
I absolutely live and breath slalom skiing. Also really love golf, snowboarding, down hill skiing, wakesurfing, and snowmobiling. Basically just summed up my life except for school... and girls.

guitar all the way, or if im really bored i'll go play halo, but all i really do is school and homework. and i completely agree with you hoppy11, you can't go wrong with girls. :D

vikingshadow
11-24-2007, 05:45 PM
you can't go wrong with girls. :D

Boy, have you two have a lot to learn, hahahaha! Enjoy it now, because in a few years, you won't do anything RIGHT with girls....

Girls aren't a hobby, they're a full time job.

Critical
11-24-2007, 05:48 PM
No, girls are a hobby. Women are the full time job.

vikingshadow
11-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Ah, dang! Been so long since I messed around with girls, I totally forgot. You're right - girls are a hobby, women are work. Unfortunately, they turn into women pretty darn fast.

Critical
11-24-2007, 05:52 PM
Yeah, as soon as they smell commitment.

DFSniper
11-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Ah, dang! Been so long since I messed around with girls, I totally forgot. You're right - girls are a hobby, women are work. Unfortunately, they turn into women pretty darn fast.

yeah, as soon as you hit college, the girls are gone (unless you go to one of the big party colleges!!) and im going to a community college, which means even less girls and even more women...

bamf-hacker
11-25-2007, 02:59 AM

Girls are a hobby, Women are a part-time job... WIVES are a full time job :)

Hobbies: WoW, anything PC related, my kids :) and of course paintball.

Sandman_Bravo
11-25-2007, 03:36 AM
When I'm not busy testing aircraft for the aerospace program in Huston, I drive cattle part-time. But probably my favorite "hobby" would be surfing paintball forums so I can dump every spare penny I don't have in mods and upgrades. Oh yeah, and I custom fit lingerie on the Victoria's Secret runway models the night before each show. :dodgy: Other than that I'm pretty much an ordinary kind of guy.

Critical
11-25-2007, 04:30 AM
Girls are a hobby, Women are a part-time job... WIVES are a full time job :)

Hobbies: WoW, anything PC related, my kids :) and of course making everyone on SOC squirm with anticipation on the tiniest little change to one of my markers to the point that, when I do something big, like a re-anno, their heads explode.

Bamf-hacker nailed it, oh, and I fixed your post.

Hoppy11
11-25-2007, 07:16 AM
**Disclaimer To Any Parents that Might Read This Forum**

I don't incurage your younger children to have a "hobby" with girls in any shape for form.

LOL

newkid
11-25-2007, 07:40 AM
well besides paintballing, guitar, atv riding, hunting, football, video gamming

bamf-hacker
11-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Bamf-hacker nailed it, oh, and I fixed your post.

:lolsign::roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

DFSniper
11-25-2007, 10:55 AM
**Disclaimer To Any Parents that Might Read This Forum**

I don't incurage your younger children to have a "hobby" with girls in any shape for form.

LOL
lol, i figured thats something TRB would say...

Kenny_McCormic
11-25-2007, 11:54 AM
I dont have any money after I starting playing paintball. Im gonna have even less after the new futureball reball center opens (reball only an hour away! YAY!).

rowdyroper2003
11-27-2007, 06:40 AM
My truck, going on dates, hanging out with my best friends, geology, hunting, fishing, enjoying an ice cold brew (i'm of age!).

haven't picked up the guns or masks in over a year =( just don't have time anymore...but I'll never sell the Vicky with the EVO ESP (yall remember EVO?? ahaha i know some of yall do...)

thought about selling the zeroB'd cocker, cause it just kinda disappointed me, but i may try and get a new barrel and see if it turns out any better...

DFSniper
11-27-2007, 12:59 PM
haven't picked up the guns or masks in over a year =( just don't have time anymore...but I'll never sell the Vicky with the EVO ESP (yall remember EVO?? ahaha i know some of yall do...)
ah, the EVO, i wondered what happened to it. didnt TRB get the feedneck and the rest got parted out here and on PBN??

rowdyroper2003
11-28-2007, 04:04 AM
yeah, i have no idea who got what off EVO, except for me getting the ESP...

Ace24
11-28-2007, 11:57 AM
My hobbies:

Paintball
Racing (Stockcars, F3's, Drag)
Auto Repair/Restoration
Photography
Video Games
Architecture Design
Card Collecting
Music (yes it can be a hobby...)
Art (drawing, sculpting, photography fits in too I suppose)
Reading
Biking
Motorcycles (soon)

So far, that's about it. I really like racing... and my heart lies in the automotive field, but photography shares that heart closely.

Amen to that. I guess I can deal with the immaturity of my freshly 16 year old girlfriend because of how much I love her... but I sort of miss the maturity of my 18 year old ex. :( Funny how only a few years makes a huge difference.

SparkyGT
11-28-2007, 03:15 PM
190 gallon aquarium, mostly koi and some cichlids, also starting restoring my car. like the old ford trucks also. usually play cards a couple nights a week for other fun