PDA

View Full Version : Autococker Pump Questions

Paradox313
11-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Hey go easy on me this is just a couple of friendly questions.

I'm wanting to start playing Pump to increase my accuracy, but I don't want to spend alot of money, now I have a few questions for the people who play pump.

1) Will a pump kit go on any type of autococker? For instance a cheap trilogy 'cocker?

2) How much do pump kits generally cost

3) Never owned an autococker before, are they difficult to maintain?

4) What might you recommend for a beginning pump player?

5) Any other things I should know about?

bamf-hacker
11-23-2007, 11:59 AM
1) Will a pump kit go on any type of autococker? For instance a cheap trilogy 'cocker?

No any pump kit will not fit on any cocker. There are pre 2k kits and post 2k kits, and if I am not mistaken the trilogy needs a few special mods to make it a pump.

2) How much do pump kits generally cost

$40-$100 depends on the brand

3) Never owned an autococker before, are they difficult to maintain?

I was in the same boat. I have 2 now and they are actually easy to take care of. Read a lot before you take them apart and you will be fine.

4) What might you recommend for a beginning pump player?

If you are going from semi to pump I would get an open class marker so you can use a hopper and larger tank. The hardest thing for me was getting used to the 12gs and 15 round tube.

5) Any other things I should know about?

If you really want to try out pump, why not look for a Hammer. You can get them for about $50-$75 on BST threads, and then you don't need to get a Cocker and a pump kit. OR if you want to spend a little bit you can get a Phantom and get the OC and SC bodies for it. Then you can play with the OC and practice with SC until you get used it.

Paradox313
11-23-2007, 12:20 PM
It's not like I'm going to be entering in any tournaments. I just want to shoot pump at a field where everyone has electros or mechs, and I can improve on my skill.

I've noticed there's there sport, and pro. Are they pretty much the same thing?

The Pumper
11-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Silly BAMF. ;)
Theres no special mods for a trilogy. PMP and WGP make them special kits just for them. :)
Kits can cost from 40-70 new.

BAMF nailed everything pretty well.

The trilogy sport and pro are not the same thing. Theres also a trilogy comp. Pro comes with a reg, angled VASA, double fingered trigger. Thats about all the major stuff.

bamf-hacker
11-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Well not a mod, but a special kit made for the trilogy.

The Pumper
11-23-2007, 01:16 PM
I was just clearifying it so he wouldnt be confused. www.wevopaintball.com have the WGP kit and www.pmpind.com has the PMP kit. Those are for trilogies though. ;)