PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best hopper for the MR2?

Dimitrio
11-22-2007, 12:03 PM
Ok, well I had an MR1 for a while, then I decided to get an MR2.

So far, it's pissed me off. I went to play with it for the 1st time, and chopped everything. So, then I found out that it was the springs being ridiculously hard. So, I've spent the past 2 days breaking it in.

Basically, I haven't been able to really USE the gun yet. I do LOVE the way it feels, and of the few shots I got, I was satisfied.

To the point, I am using VL Force right now and I wanna know if it is good for the gun. Advice?

PS: Please don't just enter and say "Halo B". I know hign end hoppers are the best, and that I will upgrade eventually. All I want to know is, Will I be able to shoot the gun functionally on every setting with this hopper? If not, recommend something at a reasonable price?(Less than $70)

Thanks in advance.

zombie
11-22-2007, 02:22 PM
i tried out the VL eye-force ($50), but returned it. its supposed to feed when the gun is fired, but it felt like it feed 1-2 seconds after i pulled the trigger. when i was using burst of auto i would sometimes fire dry because it couldnt keep up.
I read that the spyder fasta 18v led ($70) is decent, so im gonna try that out.

interceptorMR2
11-22-2007, 02:58 PM
get bob long intimidator detents aka "timmy" detents. spider ones are a little too weak to use with a force fed hopper. they are only a few bucks on ebay so they are real cheap, and it helps with the chopping business. the only thing i can offer to you if that doesnt work is to buy higher quality paint. of course i highly recommend you get the timmy detents, they help out a ton, but paint quality plays a big part in it as well. i found that out the hard way trying to scare someone from my school on automatic... I use a VL eVLution and it works just great. about 19 bps, mr2 on full auto is like 12 or something, but semi goes up to around 25. what are the specifications on the vl eye force? you want something at least 15 bps or faster. i suggest the fasta, i've heard it works great. my egg works great too though i guess... the egg is fairly cheap, look on ebay, i suggest the evlution II or III. i have the evlution II with y board so its slightly faster than evlution II regular board. idk just look at different paints and experiment a bit. i still trying to find good paints that work for the mr2... when it comes to finding good hoppers at low prices, shop victoriously! (ebay :D)

zombie
11-22-2007, 03:05 PM
according to VL the eye-force is supposed to be 20bps

Dimitrio
11-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Alright, thanks everyone.

Also, I'm using the VL Force, not the Eye Force. But the regulat Force still shoots at 18bps.

chnk
11-22-2007, 05:00 PM

thats on drop test and maybe only of burst shots,

hoppers never do that much on a gun, thats just advertisement it never said it could do 20 on the gun, it just vaguely says 20 bps,

but to answer your question, it should be a good enough hopper

slim and shady
11-22-2007, 05:33 PM
I agree your hopper should be fine, if you want keep your 70$ and use your old hopper till you have saved up enough cash for a high end hopper like a Qloader, empire or halo. There is no neeed really to get another hopper that will have preformence only equivilent to what you have. I started off with the Egg II with Y, I wanted something better but didnt have much to spend so i bought the egg III I still wasnt satisfied so I ended up buying a Halo with rip and V35 latter. My point to this whole story is that i threw the 100$ CND out the window because i wasnt patient enough to wait till I had enough for a halo! So in my opinion dont make my mistake, if you want to upgrade wait till you have a decent sum of cash built up.

alabama_lowlife
11-22-2007, 06:15 PM
is it possible to get a loader that is "too much" for a given gun? meaning, do you need to match the performance of the loader with the gun? or just get the best loader available and put in on whatever gun you have regardless of its ability?

Dimitrio
11-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the advice slim, it makes sense, and I'll definately do that.

chnk
11-22-2007, 06:53 PM
doesnt matter what gun you have, cheaper hoppers usually give you problems,

a spyder with a non force fed hopper tells me nothing but chopping,

a gun with eyes and a cheap hopper tells me i'm just not gonna be happy because i wont be able to shoot as fast

slim and shady
11-22-2007, 07:10 PM
is it possible to get a loader that is "too much" for a given gun? meaning, do you need to match the performance of the loader with the gun? or just get the best loader available and put in on whatever gun you have regardless of its ability?

The only thing a hopper can overpower is your detents not the gun itself. If you have this problem with a higher force hopper, just change to stiffer detents 5 min job and your happy again!

Dimitrio
11-22-2007, 07:30 PM
So, should I get Timmy detents? And do you know how much they are retail?

slim and shady
11-22-2007, 07:34 PM
only if you are having trouble with double feeding. But to be honest you can buy them real cheep on ebay and even at your local pb shop they will only be a few bucks. IMO they are a good upgrade even if you arent having trouble because they are so cheep and they help prevent trouble latter. so yeah i guess go ahead and get them. Dont panic when you go to put them in though they are a little snug.

darth massacre
11-22-2007, 10:16 PM
I know hign end hoppers are the best, and that I will upgrade eventually. All I want to know is, Will I be able to shoot the gun functionally on every setting with this hopper? If not, recommend something at a reasonable price?(Less than $70)
Haha, really we pay for what we get. I got a cheaper hopper - Empire Reloader 2 - which works well for semi, I don't get many chops since I hardly play on full auto now. But if you want to maximize the E-trigger, you would have to put in some money. Seriously though, save up for it coz I think its worth the trouble and the cost. Beats being frustrated every weekend.

Slim is right, your loader works fine, you just need to tune your shooting habits to the loader's quirks for now until you upgrade.

SundragonPPS
11-23-2007, 12:32 AM
i use a fasta with my mr2. since i've had it, my egolution just sits in my gear tub collecting dust. for the price and feed rate, the fasta really isn't a half bad a hopper.

interceptorMR2
11-23-2007, 09:09 AM
yes get timmy detents! they are only like 5 bucks on ebay for a set!!! they work great and have eliminated most problems with chopping for me. i just need to buy better quality paint is all.

alabama_lowlife
11-23-2007, 09:49 AM
are these the correct ones?

timmy detents (http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Timmy-Detent-Kit-Paintball-Intimidator-6-Detents_W0QQitemZ330149176701QQihZ014QQcategoryZ36 285QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem)

http://www.aesirperformance.com/ebay/timmy6detent.jpg

interceptorMR2
11-23-2007, 12:16 PM
yep those are them

Dimitrio
11-23-2007, 06:59 PM
How do I put them in?/Where do they go?

slim and shady
11-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Take off the feedneck the detents are there. Timmy detents are a little harder to put in but they do fit.
There is 3 allen screws holding the feedneck on when you take it off youwill see the detents emediatly.