PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving!

vikingshadow
11-22-2007, 06:08 AM
On this American tradition of parades, gorging ourselves and watching football - please take time to remember those fighting for the freedoms we enjoy in this country, whether you agree with it or not. Also, remember to give thanks and be thankful for what we do have. Those of you not from the US, we appreciate you guys as well and are thankful you are here.

I'm especially thankful I have a very PATIENT family, both of my own and my wife's, a good job that I not only love doing, but gives me enough money to pay the bills AND play this God-awfully expensive game and for my other hobbies, and that I live in a country that although may be a bit on the screwed up side right now, but still gives me the freedoms that I enjoy on a daily basis.

You guys have a GREAT day!

DFSniper
11-22-2007, 06:44 AM
and that I live in a country that although may be a bit on the screwed up side right now, but still gives me the freedoms that I enjoy on a daily basis.

/thread

thank you vike, i was thinking about that the other day. i've noticed that a lot of people don't realize how easy they have it and take a lot for granted. some just need to take a step back and compare their situation to other countries in the world. a lot of people complain about our government, but in some places in the world, people don't even have the freedom to speak out against what their government is doing. people say we're fighting an unpopular war, but then again, no wars in history have been "popular." while people claim that we had no reason to go into iraq, regardless if we were right or wrong, we got rid of saddam, an enemy of democracy and personal freedom. those same soldiers are fighting for your right to say whatever you want about them. sorry for the rant, yesterday i heard probably one of the best speeches in a long time at a basic training graduation, and it kinda stuck to me.

so this thanksgiving, the thing i'm most thankful for is freedom.

The Pumper
11-22-2007, 06:51 AM
happy thanksgiving to you, too Vike. ;)
And of course everyone else. :D

newkid
11-22-2007, 06:58 AM
everyone have a good, safe, and happy thanksgiving

bamf-hacker
11-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Happy Turkey Day everyone.

We are on our way out to the festivities.

See you all tomorrow, since I will be in a Turkey induced coma :)

marvin-martian
11-22-2007, 07:54 AM
gobble gobble

Sandman_Bravo
11-22-2007, 08:12 AM
Happy Turkey Day! :)

Charfizcool
11-22-2007, 11:08 AM
WOO happy thanksgiving :D...I only need to lose 3 pounds!

big_daddy_d
11-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Happy thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VS3 Sniper
11-22-2007, 02:06 PM
Happy Turkey day everyone!!!!

interceptorMR2
11-22-2007, 02:10 PM
On this American tradition of parades, gorging ourselves and watching football

AMEN TO THE FOOTBALL and FOOD! who doesnt love this time of year? lots of food! happy tg

xsgmike66x
11-22-2007, 02:18 PM
happy thanks giving everyone, enjoy it.

Hossy
11-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Happy Thanksgiving all!
I had a blast, ate alot, and definatly had fun playing football

Jegger24
11-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am off to work. :(