PDA

View Full Version : double regulators

ballistic
02-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Brothers and sista's Ballistic is back with another question to boggle the
x-treme mind. I own a Rodeo for those who don't know using CO2 for the moment, and for all those who said anti-syphon the tanks at the shop now.
Anyway enough about that, question, I buy a 68 ci 4500 psi hpa/N2 with regulator, my marker has a reg already on it. Do I remove the reg on my marker or can I use both????????? Thanks again for the cells you burn in your brains on my behalf to answer my newbie questions.:cool:

marvin-martian
02-10-2006, 07:05 PM
you use both, infact i would recommend replacing the stock rodeo reg. the reg on the gun regulates the air going into the body, and the reg on the tank regulates the amount of air coming out.

~shocktheman~
02-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Basically the tank reg brings the psi down to about 800psi (on a high-pressure preset) so you can run it through your marker without popping anything. The reg on you gun will then lower the psi to whatever you're currently running at. If your still running stock about 800psi the reg for the most part will give you more consistency in fps

ballistic
02-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the input everyone so far has been knowledgeable and helpful, thankyou

leed
02-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Often times, regulators now a-days come with Filters, so this would be a second reason to buy a new Inline regulator, to prevent any dirt that happens to get in your asa or macroline, etc from getting into your gun and being cycled through, often times this happens, and regulators pieces and parts can get thoroughly scratched and beat up without filters (things such as brass pistons). But keep everything clean all the time, and you shoudl be in good shape. To be honest, you shouldn't have any trouble running your spyder without a new regulator, but keep in mind to save up for one after getting an N2 tank.

thechubbss12
02-11-2006, 06:58 AM
Ok you will have one problem with the rodeo and replacing its reg... When you do you will have to buy another VA.. its an unfortunate flaw on the rodeos =( cost you about 20 to 40 dollars more.