PDA

View Full Version : ACS Bolt

Dimitrio
11-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Can anyone tell me the best way to break in my new ACS bolt in my MR2?

Should I do it naturally, or put it in a drawer?

Thanks in advance.

oldironmudder
11-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Easiest way would be putting a dowl rod down the feed neck. You could also click the ACS break in guide link in my sig for a few other ways.

Dimitrio
11-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Easiest way would be putting a dowl rod down the feed neck. You could also click the ACS break in guide link in my sig for a few other ways.
Ok, so I'm told I should put a squeegee in the feed neck and fire, but wont that crush the squeegee?

Dimitrio
11-25-2007, 08:41 AM
I still need help!

alabama_lowlife
11-25-2007, 09:01 AM
did you check out the link in oldironmudder's signature? ACS break-in guide (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=12980) it covers it pretty well, seems like basically you need to either compress that spring for a long period of time or compress it repeatedly by using a wooden dowel or maybe even 2 or 3 pencils stuck down the feedneck and fire repeatedly. whenever it recocks on its own with something jammed in the breach, then you know it's broken in.

Dimitrio
11-25-2007, 11:11 AM
did you check out the link in oldironmudder's signature? ACS break-in guide (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=12980) it covers it pretty well, seems like basically you need to either compress that spring for a long period of time or compress it repeatedly by using a wooden dowel or maybe even 2 or 3 pencils stuck down the feedneck and fire repeatedly. whenever it recocks on its own with something jammed in the breach, then you know it's broken in.
Ye, I tried it. I want to use the feedneck method, but whenever I fire it, it just stays up against the pencils, then I fire again and I hear the electrics and no bolt moving.

SupaSnipa
11-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Ye, I tried it. I want to use the feedneck method, but whenever I fire it, it just stays up against the pencils, then I fire again and I hear the electrics and no bolt moving.
That means it uncocks..you need to recock it

wylde01
11-25-2007, 11:33 AM
im pretty sure that he would know that its uncocked. when i first got my mr2 it did the same thing to me. i would just take the bolt out and compress by hand for a few minutes. i did neither to mine though and it works just fine.

oldironmudder
11-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Either deal with the chops & uncocks til the bolt is broken in by its self or stick a dowel rod in the feedneck & uncock the marker & walk away or try one of the ways in my Break in Guide.

wylde01
11-25-2007, 07:15 PM
some of the mr2's will not break in by using the dowel rod in the feedneck. it looks like his is doing what mine did and everytime you cock it and try to fire, it just uncocks itself.

Dimitrio
11-26-2007, 01:54 PM
some of the mr2's will not break in by using the dowel rod in the feedneck. it looks like his is doing what mine did and everytime you cock it and try to fire, it just uncocks itself.
Thats exactly whats happening.

oldironmudder
11-26-2007, 03:45 PM

The reason it isnt recocking is beacuse the bolt isnt broke in.

Dimitrio
11-26-2007, 03:53 PM
The reason it isnt recocking is beacuse the bolt isnt broke in.
How soft should the spring be?

oldironmudder
11-26-2007, 04:00 PM
I really dont know how soft it should be. My wife's bolt still isnt broke in & she has put a good case throough it plus me playing with the bolt. I would put it the dresser or use rubber bands for the night. Then go out back & try to make it chop or just stop on the ball.

So if 24hours compressed takes it from chopping to just stopping another 24hours should get it to where you dont chop.

Jungsa
12-28-2007, 08:35 PM
the metal bolt that the spring is on inside of my acs broke off. I tried using my Marker after this happened and my fps dropped to like 170. I hope replacing my bolt will fix this. Did anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

-edit- Spyder replaced my bolt for free. Awesome customer service. I am now tring to break it in.

bassmasta
12-28-2007, 08:49 PM
wow, I'm not sure I want to know how you were compressing it if you broke that. get a new bolt.

KingTutBaller
12-28-2007, 10:26 PM
I've been following the break in guides and threads for some time and now I finally have to say something about it, haha..

I don't know if it's only me or something, but, I have put over 10thousand balls past that bolt this year, and tried the drawer method, and the sundragon (i think sundragon method? can opener-jobbie stuck into the slot compressing the spring?) and the dowel, and blocking the breach, (for multiple days)and I have gotten no-where-what-so-ever in feeling any difference in the tension, perhaps there is a little bit more give when you first push in the spring but certainly not enough to have to re-cock itself. The last thing I havn't tried is taking the spring right out and giving a link a snip to see if that helps. (also I'm not sure if taking the spring out is a good idea cuz it looks like the machine screw is stripped)
As a side note, I'm not too concerned that my ACS doesn't seem to be working at all, it doesn't bother me, i just wanted to see if I could get it to do what it's supposed to :D

Any thoughts on my un-yielding spring?

Tjwild3
01-09-2008, 04:13 PM
i got my Mr2 for christmas so i havent been able to shoot it yet and i broke in my bolt for about 2 days, but when i tried the squeegie in the feedneck to see if it broke in, it didnt recock, so i was wondering if u needed co2 for it to recock itself

KingTutBaller
01-09-2008, 09:42 PM
as far as I can see yes you need to gas it up

pbshaver
01-15-2008, 06:06 AM
HELP?!?

Ok, I got my MR2 for Christmas and the first day out I was chopping like crazy... I came home and started digging on the internet and found this thread. I removed my bolt, stuck a couple pencils in and left it sitting on my nightstand for over a week fully compressed. It is still not "easy" to compress by hand and is chopping balls. I even sat and watched TV (after the week of compression) with a dowel and compressed the ACS spring over and over. Still no luck.

How horrible would it be to cut the spring a very little and maybe even stretch it so relax it more?

ViperX
01-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Just my two cents, but I have never had to break in my ACS bolt, NEVER.

Even know, using my stock acs bolt in a LP setup, i've gone back to the stock acs bolt even after using an Alamo city bolt.

I had tons of problems with chopping/re-cocking problems when I first got my marker, all of wich was correced after using a better, force fed hopper to overcome the amount of blowback which seemed to be the source of all my problems. I have never broken in my ACS bolt, not even on the second MR2 I purchased.

Dimitrio
01-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Ok, wel after like a month, my bolt seems to be fine. It recocks itself when I full auto, but that will be fixed in time. Thanx again.

chnk
01-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Just my two cents, but I have never had to break in my ACS bolt, NEVER.

Even know, using my stock acs bolt in a LP setup, i've gone back to the stock acs bolt even after using an Alamo city bolt.

I had tons of problems with chopping/re-cocking problems when I first got my marker, all of wich was correced after using a better, force fed hopper to overcome the amount of blowback which seemed to be the source of all my problems. I have never broken in my ACS bolt, not even on the second MR2 I purchased.

same hree i went back to my acs bolt to its annoying but it works

kingny
01-20-2008, 11:13 AM
well i used a zip tip to keep the spring in the bolt commpressed i think that this works the best i did it for about 2 day ...