PDA

View Full Version : Board design?

Hob Hayward
11-19-2007, 11:46 AM
A while back I had considered putting a replacement board toghether for my imagine, but at the time I didn;t really have the knowlege/skills to do so.

Now that I have some experience with micro controllers and circuitry in general, I'm thinking about putting one together fore the hell of it, mainly just to see if I can make something decent...

Has anyone else (other than scenario dreams etc.) ever given it a shot?/had any results?

Also: were you to choose the features available in a new board - what would you want? I'm thinking USB support and a GUI so you can pretty much customize all the programming manually. Sure - not tourny legal but I don't play in tournies.

Were I to be able to put something decent together - I might be able to offer it for a good bit less than "the competition" shall we say - maybe even kits and pre-programmed chips for those who can solder and want to save some cash.

TheRedBarron
11-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Well before the T board there was the IS board which didnt last long it only had bouncebeam eyes I dont recall who made it but they kind of got beat out by SD after the initial month.

Hob Hayward
11-19-2007, 12:16 PM
I meant more like individuals, not so much companies.

Edit: I'm wondering if anyone knows who owns/if anyone does own a patent on paintball boards?

Seems like SP would, but I haven't been able to dig anything up that would make it possible for them to file a claim...